[1.1] SXT - Lack's Stock Extension [SXT-25-10APR16] - Basic 1.1 compatibilty

Lack

Suggestion for future if the mini-packs ever get updated: a pack purely containing the parts required for the KN-225.

I'd say to do that with all the aircraft, some of the file names are a little confusing. At least to me. :sticktongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've noticed only the older parts have CLS support. Do you mind if I make a config file for the rest?

i dont think this mod works with AMT. my game always gets stuck loading on SXT, on any part, and the only way to fix is to remove sxt folder from the AMT texture cache. also, why are there textures in the sxt folder that are only black pixels? is that intentional or just me? also, yes i tried the amt patch and it still doesent work.

@mike9606,

Not a bad idea.

@ minepagan,

Yeah, that'd be great. If you've got github, you can do it through there, else just send me the file.

@linuxgurugamer,

Yes. There's a github for it now as well: https://github.com/Signatum/LLL

@123nick,

Hmm, not sure (I assume you mean ATM). Did you try the patch, then delete the texture cache. As for black pixel/blank texture files, because that's how the model loader and the mod works, you need a placeholder file to allow it to reference the Squad ones. Having it be black/grey, etc, just means you don't get red/white if the game fails to grab the correct texture for what ever reason.

@mike9606,

Not a bad idea.

@ minepagan,

Yeah, that'd be great. If you've got github, you can do it through there, else just send me the file.

@linuxgurugamer,

Yes. There's a github for it now as well: https://github.com/Signatum/LLL

@123nick,

Hmm, not sure (I assume you mean ATM). Did you try the patch, then delete the texture cache. As for black pixel/blank texture files, because that's how the model loader and the mod works, you need a placeholder file to allow it to reference the Squad ones. Having it be black/grey, etc, just means you don't get red/white if the game fails to grab the correct texture for what ever reason.

can you have the textures from squad just be in the SXT folder itself? instead of just placeholders so it can reference squad files? i think it may be messing up ATM's texture caching system, or something. idk.

can you have the textures from squad just be in the SXT folder itself? instead of just placeholders so it can reference squad files? i think it may be messing up ATM's texture caching system, or something. idk.

You could, but you'll add a couple of hundred extra MB to the ram load. The reason the textures are referenced in the first place, and indeed the entire point of the mod, is to make it light on RAM.

I'll test it on my end, but it may not be something I can solve (getting it working in .90 was annoying enough).

Edited by Lack

You could, but you'll add a couple of hundred extra MB to the ram load. The reason the textures are referenced in the first place, and indeed the entire point of the mod, is to make it light on RAM.

I'll test it on my end, but it may not be something I can solve (getting it working in .90 was annoying enough).

well, with ATM i guess it will just, idk, make it not take up so much ram. maybe just placeholder textures? like really low-res textures? super compressed?

SXT 20.5 is making KSP 1.0.4 hang. Here's the relevant output_log.txt info:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aero/airIntake/part1/LRadialAirIntake' 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

well, with ATM i guess it will just, idk, make it not take up so much ram. maybe just placeholder textures? like really low-res textures? super compressed?

Some of the models are already like that, or even have all the relevant textures in the folder. However, that did lead me to the solution. Essentially all the texture files need to be .dds now, and just renaming the placeholders won't do it, they'll need converting to 4x4 dds textures. Uh, I've done this a few times and it's not terribly fun since there's close to 200 textures to swap. But at least I know what needs doing, but it'll take me a while.

@LitaAlto,

Hmm, can't replicate it on my end. Try deleting the part? Though it's the first SXT part in the load order, so it might just do the same with the next.

Hmm, can't replicate it on my end. Try deleting the part? Though it's the first SXT part in the load order, so it might just do the same with the next.

Yeah, I thought about that, and deleted the ion drive--after which it just hung after another part.

Bummer. I'll keep trying and let you know if I find anything. Thanks.

Edited by LitaAlto

@Lack, Would you like help with anything? Any of the config files, bug fixing, etc? :)

Yes, that would be fantastic. If you use github you can submit changes via that, else just send them to me.

Examples of things that need fixing: engine+fuel-tank balancing and figuring out why somethings are misbehaving (e.g. the grid-fins).

The big one would be fixing the top/bottom nodes, what with the whole +-1 thing that dictates such things now.

Edit:

Converting the png to dds.

Aero, Command, Control, Electrical, Engine - Done

Hull, Mk2, Mk3, SaturnV, Science and Utility - Pending

Edited by Lack

Yeah, I thought about that, and deleted the ion drive--after which it just hung after another part.

Bummer. I'll keep trying and let you know if I find anything. Thanks.

I believe I had the same issue. I came up with two workarounds.

1. delete the ATM cache every time you load the game. This sucks because load times get ridiculous :(

2. uninstall ATM. This resulted in a negligible increase in RAM usage for me. ATM is almost completely deprecated now thanks to the switch to DDS textures

I believe I had the same issue. I came up with two workarounds.

1. delete the ATM cache every time you load the game. This sucks because load times get ridiculous :(

2. uninstall ATM. This resulted in a negligible increase in RAM usage for me. ATM is almost completely deprecated now thanks to the switch to DDS textures

Which type of ATM are you using actually? I haven't tested it in 1.0+, but I did get similar problems with x64 types of ATM in .90. Though if it works without ATM for you, then that's great.

Which type of ATM are you using actually? I haven't tested it in 1.0+, but I did get similar problems with x64 types of ATM in .90. Though if it works without ATM for you, then that's great.

Basic Release 5.0 x86 with the cfg from the OP of this thread and KSP 1.02. I'm not sure exactly what version of SXT I'm running though. I downloaded the latest Master on the 21st of June, but I don't have a record of what commit that is.

Yes, that would be fantastic. If you use github you can submit changes via that, else just send them to me.

Examples of things that need fixing: engine+fuel-tank balancing and figuring out why somethings are misbehaving (e.g. the grid-fins).

The big one would be fixing the top/bottom nodes, what with the whole +-1 thing that dictates such things now.

Edit:

Converting the png to dds.

Aero, Command, Control, Electrical, Engine - Done

Hull, Mk2, Mk3, SaturnV, Science and Utility - Pending

I created a fork on GitHub so that I won't overwrite any of the existing files. I'll take a look at them this afternoon and see what needs work.

Since it was a certain doctor-killing plane's birthday yesterday, I've been re-working the Bonny. You can actually just about fit 4 kerbals in which is neat.

http://i.imgur.com/FrdMcQD.png

I've also got 2 other 0.625m cockpits coming (2 seater and a 1 seater), some new wing parts, new prop engines and a Mk3 cockpit. As well as tweaking a few things to work in FAR, etc.

Hopefully they'll all have textured IVAs when they're released. Need to make some smaller control surfaces too. I'm planning on modelling some wheels and seeing if I can find someone who can rig them in Unity as well.

When are we gonna see THAT bonny cockpit? or maybe call it the like Clyde or somthing.

Hey, Lack! I'd like to express my gratitude for the effort put into this mod. Thank you so much for making this a reality.

Suddenly, this became a wall. I'm sorry for that.

Now, I've been having trouble with the Stage3Engine, from SaturnV. It doesn't produce any thrust nor thrust fx at all, other than a very quiet sound.

I tried looking at the .cfg file, but couldn't spot anything wrong. Also couldn't find anything at the logs.

Additionally, I can't seem to find the Stage2Engine in the parts list. Has anyone experienced the same?

I should point that I've downloaded the mod as a master file through the Github. Thank you again. :)

-Edit-

Welp. Actually, it gets worse. Something is summoning the Kraken when I try to fly a recently-made craft. The universe vanishes, and "Look rotation viewing vector is zero" spams the log.

Here's the log: http://puu.sh/iNXud/115e4a8058.txt

craft: http://puu.sh/iNXE6/0eb15e4469.craft

A.D.E.P.T. 1.0

AdvancedAnimator 1.1.1

Brake Toggle 1.0

Contract Configurator 1.5.0

Contract Pack - Kerbin Space Station 2.1.1

Crew Queue 2.0

Crowd Sourced Science 3.0.1

**DMagic Orbital Science 1.0.4

Firespitter Plugin 7.1

HyperEdit 1.4

**Kerbal Attachment System 0.5.2

*Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System 4.2

Kerbal Inventory System 1.1.5

Klockheed Martian Gimbal 3.0.3.0

**Klockheed Martian SSE 2.2.0

MechJeb 2.5.1.0-482

*Mk2 Essentials 5

Module Manager 2.6.6

Muffler 1.0

NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator 7.0

Portrait Stats 3.0

Procedural Fairings 3.15

Protractor 2.5.1

RealChute 1.3.2.3

SCANsat 12.1

Smoke Screen 2.6.1.0

*SpaceShuttle NoseCone 3.0

Stack Inline Lights 0.8

Station Science 1.5

Stock Bug Fix Modules 1.0.4a.1

SurveyTransponder 0.1.0

SXT - Command->MEM and 5m Tank parts

Toolbar 1.7.9

USI Life Support 0.1.3

Waypoint Manager 2.3.4

*These mods have by default, or have been edited to contain only one single part.

**These mods have been edited to contain a maximum of 7 parts.

-Edit 2-

After some further testing, I've mashed togheter a craft containing mostly only MEM parts: The pod, the lander, a stock decoupler between the two and a docking port at the top. Same error occurred.

Then, I reloaded the craft linked above, and removed MEM parts from it. The bug was gone! Everything seems to work just fine without them. :) ... :(

My apologies if these bugs have been reported before, and/or the author is already aware of them.

Edited by Kowgan

Hey, just wanted to report that I installed 20.6 today and that works flawlessly. Thank you for the fix!

(And yeah, I had ATM 5-0 as well. Still need it for a couple of mods, regrettably.)

Hey, just wanted to report that I installed 20.6 today and that works flawlessly. Thank you for the fix!

(And yeah, I had ATM 5-0 as well. Still need it for a couple of mods, regrettably.)

Glad to hear, I converted nearly all of the textures to .dds so it should play nicely with ATM (exceptions being the propblur for prop engines, and a window texture for the He111 cockpit, since I couldn't get the alpha channel to display properly with those. But I probably picked the wrong one of the roughly half a million save options photoshop presents me for dds).

@ Dragon_Lance, should work for you now as well. Just grab a copy of 20.6.

Also, forgot to actual mention that I updated it (may have pushed the update as I was pretty much running out the door).

Rough changelog, github has more accurate versions of the changes.

20.6 -
Changed textures over to .dds. Should fix most ATM related bugs. One or two parts are still .png, since I couldn't get these ones to display the alpha channel properly with .dds.
Some rebalancing of cockpit parts, mostly from CrisK (though I kept my config structure from the pre-1.0, I don't much like the new super paired down one. See github for changes, but nothing major).
Updated prop engines. Some balancing still required, just need to remember how to build a proper puller engined craft in FAR to test them (it's been a while).
Moved mod compatibility configs to new folder.
Depreciated Saturn V '3.75m third stage engine', thought I'd done this ages back, apparently not. It's still in the files, but won't show up in the parts list now.
Got rid of mk3 fuselage fixes, since they were incorporated into KSP 1.0.

The prop engines should be updated now, and have vel and atm curves now, but they'll need tweaking before they perform more accurately. I'll have to see if I can find any real world equivalents to look at.

@Kowgan,

Ah, forgot that one was still there, I don't think it's been changed since ksp 0.18 and the engine modules have changed a few times. I'd been meaning to remove it for ages, or at least make a new model for it. Haven't tested the MEM yet.

Also, for me the log file is just saying 'Stage2Engine'.

@includao,

Thanks, glad to hear it.

@Hellbrand,

Possibly not for a while, I lost the file and still haven't been able to find it. Probably have to remake it really.

Edited by Lack

To save with an alpha channel:

File->Save As

Choose DDS, check the 'alpha channel' checkbox in the save dialog ('as a copy' will become unchecked, probably)

In the DDS options window, choose DXT5. Leave Generate Mipmaps and Flip vertical on.

Save.

For a normal map, start with a normal purplish-blue normal map, do file->Save As, leave alpha unchecked, in the DDS dialog choose DXT5nm.

If you'd like a personal opinion, I love the current MEM models. I think we're lacking a good 2-seat Mun lander (Stock Mk1 Lander Can doesn't seem just right), and the MEM parts fill that gap just perfectly. To me, they'd just need to have their values updated.

Whether if you're going or not to continue them, I'll leave my thanks here for the effort put into them. :)

Edited by Kowgan

To save with an alpha channel:

File->Save As

Choose DDS, check the 'alpha channel' checkbox in the save dialog ('as a copy' will become unchecked, probably)

In the DDS options window, choose DXT5. Leave Generate Mipmaps and Flip vertical on.

Save.

For a normal map, start with a normal purplish-blue normal map, do file->Save As, leave alpha unchecked, in the DDS dialog choose DXT5nm.

Thanks, I'll try that out. The flip vertical thing caught me out when I did the truck textures, I loaded it up and went, hang on, that's not right. Took me back to my early days of modding for other games.

@davidy,

There's some in the ships folder on github, haven't tested them in a while though.

@Kowgan,

Oh, the MEM definitely stays, I really like it and it won't be removed. I'll just need to see what needs changing in the config. Though I do think the 3.75m engine needs updating model-wise, it's a bit of a hackjob and just doesn't compare to the NASA mission one in terms of looks.