[dead] CELSS Greenhouse (TAC Life Support Add-On, Version 0.1, beta)

Cerebrate

Yeah, I am sorry about that, Sigma88 , but, well, as you can tell from the long lapse in updates, other projects - including the ones I actually make a living at, so you know how that goes - are eating so much of my time these days that I'm just not able to find the time to devote to this one that it needs/deserves. Especially since it's sitting in the same design space as other really good mods, so it needs that time in order to be worth it. I too hope someone picks it up, or at least some of the concepts behind where it was going.

Unfortunately, between time pressure and recent controversy makin' me slightly less popular around here than ebolavirus, it's unlikely to be me any time soon.

As a side note, I feel like I should offer a recommendation to people who want to move to a live mod at this time; I see RoverDude downthread has already mentioned MKS/OKS. FWIW, that's what I'd recommend myself if asked, having been using it recently. It's an excellent piece of work and I do love the look of the OKS modules.

-c

thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out.

I was wondering something about your Greenhouses, since I've made a self sustainable 100% efficient space station, with enough power (solar) to go on indefinitely, but I have this problem:

when I warp time to let some months pass tac ls seems to consume all the materials but the greenhouses do not regenerate them.

I've already checked, it's not a problem of having a slight loss of materials that overtime becomes relevant... Is really just a matter of how the time warp approximates the resource consumption...

Is there a way to disable tac-ls on specific vessels? I mean, after I start the greenhouse at 100% everything should stay stable anyways...

If I could do that it would simplify my life very much...

Unless MKS/OKS takes care of that, in that case it doesn't matter.

Thank you again, I really apreciated your help.

PS: I don't know why you should be unpopular on this community, but I don't really have much time to invest on this game either :D

• 1 month later...

I managed to edit the part configs to fix a few things I considered to be problems. Not being able to attach things like solar panels to the sides, and the explosive zoom on mouse-over, and the greenhouses missing their animation!

To follow my lead all you need to do is make the following changes to each part.cfg in the mod:

1. replace line 32:

attachRules = 1,1,1,[B]0[/B],0

with:

attachRules = 1,1,1,[B]1[/B],0

(this just configures it to allow that, not sure why it was turned off)

2. TAC ls has a .dll to fix the exploding zoom bug in its own parts, to add it to these just put this at the bottom (but above the last "}"):

MODULE
{
name = LifeSupportModule
}

3. To get it animating, all it needs is something like this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = door
startEventGUIName = Open Shutters
endEventGUIName = Close Shutters
}

Does this mod actually still do the resource conversion thing? I can't seem to get it to work in my install (everyone still dies)

Edited by Cultist_O
I answered my question

• 1 month later...

Ya... I wish I could edit the edit note... I answered another question I had (about getting the animation to work), so I removed it and listed the answer. I have not gotten the resource thing working yet. I kind of fell off the face of the earth shortly after I made that edit, and may try a little more in the next little while. I'm honestly not sure of the status of TAC at the moment either, as it hasn't updated since October, and I have yet to test it with 0.90 or check its forums for a user made fix.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of putting together all the modifications I've made to various mods and opening a thread somewhere to share them with anyone who could be interested.

I was thinking to make an expansion to MKS/OKS that adds the greenhouses from this mod (the parts).

Would you be ok with that? feel free to pm me if you have any questions

Oh, this project? Sorry, thought you were talking about TAC-LS. This project's as dead as RT-5 boosters.

-c

That's too bad...

I found Munseeker's Mk1 greenhouse that uses the cupola model... It uses a pretty simple and TAC-friendly config. I played around a little and applied that config to your greenhouses so they can work without the additional dll you had. It works fine, the only issue is that the models appear with the doors open by default, and the door animation appears to be implemented by your custom module. Is there any way to hook up the animations in your models without the dll somehow? Or at least have the model always show with the doors closed?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/1/2015 at 7:51 PM, kerbinspacecommand said:

Oh wow, it doesn't look like this ever made an official release. Is there any way you'd be willing to share this part?

@SpeedyB Albeit an ancient post, I do agree with kerbinspacecommand, your spherical greenhouse would make a great addition to the various life support mods. Is there any chance of you ever digging it out again?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.