[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Couple of things:

1, the most urgent is that you don't appear to have TweakScale installed (or at least, didn't when you ran this session). The dll isn't loaded, no patches are applied for it and IR can't find a PartModule called TweakScale. Please verify you have TS installed correctly.

2, This error appears several times:

XmlException: Document element did not appear. file:///C:/Program Files/KSP/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/PluginData/InfernalRobotics/config.xml Line 1, position 1.

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

ARGGG! This is what I was afraid of. If you look closely at the file path its pointing to the old windows install. This explains why the log shows that Tweakscale is not installed. Why the game showing my old log is beyond me and is also out of my control. I can try making a fresh clean install off to the side as you mentioned and try the 3 mods you listed. Lets hope it throws a new log for linux ....

Okay new fresh install with only the 3 mods yielded a success! Now thats half the battle. Interesting is that if the game doesn’t sense something is wrong it will not throw a log file, hence why I cant post a new log. What steps should I do next in finding the mod to mod conflict?

Does scaling a part also affect the Crash Tolerance? Decreasing a part seams to make it as brittle as egg shells an increasing the size makes it indestructible in most cases. If this is so maybe the formula used for the crash tolerance should be adjusted?

is there a way to fix the incompatibility with Infernal Robotics? anytime I try to attack one of their parts onto the ship, I can't attach or get rid of the part I'm holding, the game stutters, and the debug log is flooded with NullReferenceExceptions

Yea, 1.47 did something weird, mono tank and lights are HUGE now.

(EDIT) FYI I switched back to 1.46 and noticed something strange, at first I thought it had fixed the issue but when I looked closer, it actually had deleted the lights from the ship entirely. Luckily I had a save right there so I was able to to just load up the ship again. That's a crappy bug.

gcdVDT2.png

Edited by Eleven

Getting this weird issue where default scaling for everything is determined by the size of the node it's attached to. This includes on existing ships... which has led to some rather catastrophic disassemblies, when small girders attached to 2.5 meter parts suddenly get HUGE. Any idea what conflict might be causing this? Looks like Eleven up above has a similar problem.

Edit: Looks like autoscaling is a new enforced feature that isn't toggleable yet, so I guess that explains that. Is it SUPPOSED to re-size things on existing ships?

Edit2: Seriously, look at this. <.<

comsatwtf.png

As far as I can tell, that's an auto-rescale off of an auto-rescale.

Edited by Jarin

I got this mod because infernal robotics insists it is a dependency..

I also got the latest one (which appears to be 1.47) and it behaves inconsistently with symmetrical radial parts - upon loading a simple craft to launchpad, only one part may be scaled, the rest hanging in the air small as they were. Reverting to 100% size in VAB and reloading craft may result in parts retaining increased size, while attachment point moving inside craft (because it scaled back?).

I like the idea in general, it is really nice for some parts, but looks very weird on others - like 1-kerball pods scalable up to 6m for example. Just why? Maybe it would be better to have a version with -just- the structural and tank parts being scalable?

I like the idea in general, it is really nice for some parts, but looks very weird on others - like 1-kerball pods scalable up to 6m for example. Just why? Maybe it would be better to have a version with -just- the structural and tank parts being scalable?

It seems like the current version is just buggy. It's usually a lot more functional, so I'd say just wait for the next update.

The bugs aside, which are separate issues from TweakScale looking very weird on certain parts: nothing FORCES you to scale anything, and if you are afraid you will be tempted, won't be able to resist, and the ugly will overwhelm you and end the world as you know it, you can delete the TweakScale module for certain parts by going into the appropriate MM config and removing the patch for those parts.

The bugs aside, which are separate issues from TweakScale looking very weird on certain parts: nothing FORCES you to scale anything
Well, not technically true. Autoscale isn't a bug in itself.

Edit: In lieu of grumping, here's something helpful. Until the next release dealing with autoscale, you can download v1.45 from here

Edited by Jarin

Apologizes if this topic has been covered but I couldn't be bothered with thumbing through 100 + pages of replies in this thread but here goes:

Ok I am having a small issue with this addon and other parts of other add-ons.

I cannot re-size any of the communications devices (Stock, Remote-Tech or Origami antennas and dishes). IDK if this is something you can look into or not but may prove useful to be able to re size them.

Another issue is with DMagic Oribtal Science. Note that NOT ALL of the science gadgets are affected only a few. The orbital telescope and magnetometer are a couple that are now microscopic in scale compared to what they are supposed to be and I cannot re-size them back up to normal.

Again this may be something you can look into if possible.

If there is a solution other than removing the mods I am all ears here for help.

Thank you.

I'm adding tweakscale support to the old habitat pack mostly for my own purposes, and i'm forgeot how much i fail at math. for a 50% increase in size of the rotating habitat module, tweakscale is giving me numbers WAAAY too big. tried doing the square-root myself but, obviously forgetting something. if the standard 1.25m is 3 tons, I'm GUESSING im wrong at (3x1.5)^2 =20.25tons. my crude 50% increase of 4.5tons seemed closer.

*Edit* Nevermind, did it backwards and i think i figured it out.

Gday Biotronic, firstly, props to you for this essential and intelligent mod, thank you for bringing it to the community.

I also noticed that with 1.46 & 1.47 of Tweakscale, I crash my game when trying to attach any sort of aircraft part whilst in SPH, Tweakscale doesn't like my mod list apparently but also decides to give trouble with stock parts. Apologies if this topic is already covered and I'm simply nagging as this is old news to you. Just wondering if you would have any clues as to this little bug, otherwise I'll sit quietly and wait for the next update.

Another issue is with DMagic Oribtal Science. Note that NOT ALL of the science gadgets are affected only a few. The orbital telescope and magnetometer are a couple that are now microscopic in scale compared to what they are supposed to be and I cannot re-size them back up to normal.

I'm getting this too, the right-click menu says the parts are scaled up 400% but they're minuscule.

I'm getting this too, the right-click menu says the parts are scaled up 400% but they're minuscule.

It's safe to assume the items are not in fact broke, just miniaturized. probes I have built pre-tweak scale install have the items on them in normal scale but things built post tweak Scale install they are tiny...

I am no program coder by any means (I'm an IT professional but IT in the sense of web site systems and designs lol) but I have to venture a guess that some math is "off" in either of these mods someplace.

It's safe to assume the items are not in fact broke, just miniaturized. probes I have built pre-tweak scale install have the items on them in normal scale but things built post tweak Scale install they are tiny...

I am no program coder by any means (I'm an IT professional but IT in the sense of web site systems and designs lol) but I have to venture a guess that some math is "off" in either of these mods someplace.

You do know you can write a MM cfg that can resize parts you want, I know tweakscale is easy and nice but somethings, I just write a cfg to do it.

This. Make it an option to auto scale. I want to turn it off, I find it so annoying even when it is right...

Also, the bug where the mass and other numbers are getting inflated or deflated to incorrect numbers for the appropriate scale can be re-created with nothing but Tweak Scale and MechJeb installed.

Start with a MK1 Command Pod. The one with a 1.25m bottom and a 0.625m top. Place a Small Inline Reaction Wheel on top of the command pod. Resize it up from 1.25m to 2.5m and the mass will go up. Resize it back to 1.25m and the mass will stay at what it was when it was at 2.5m. This can be repeated with pretty much all of the parts when connecting a part that is classified as a "stack" to another "stack" part. This bug can also be reversed by resizing from 1.25m to 0.625m then back again and the part will have an unusually small mass. I was only able to cause the bug to happen when attaching a "stack" part to another "stack" part. Seems to work correctly when attaching a "stack" part to a "surface" part such as an Octo2 probe core which probably should be classified as stack anyways...

Also, the Small Inline Reaction Wheel was changed from a 1.25m part to a 0.625m part in version 0.25 so the config should maybe be changed to reflect that? Some of the smaller probe cores are classified as surface and maybe should instead be stack or maybe not be configurable at all since there are probe cores for most sizes?

Here are some screen shots showing the bug with a different command pod and fuel tanks.

Before any changes are made the total mass is 3.28t

http://i.imgur.com/AUYEpIm.png

Sizing up make the mass go up to 19.03t which appears to be correct.

http://i.imgur.com/DK1cCMu.png

Changing the fuel tank back down to the normal size of 1.25m causes the extra dry mass to be retained from the previous 2.5m size.

http://i.imgur.com/KqhzaDr.png

Again this time going from 1.25m to 0.625m sizes.

http://i.imgur.com/OfLsxcA.png

http://i.imgur.com/hRimXKi.png

Thanks a lot for this! I've now located and squashed this bug. Currently getting more sensible autoscaling to work correctly, then off to squish more bugs. I'd love to say there'll be a release tomorrow, but I refuse to promise anything.

apologies for not taking the time to look into this closer, but with 1.47 upon reloading a craft I left sitting out on the runway a piece of the fuselage (SXT large cargo bay) was reset from 2.5m to the default 3.75m scale. There are two of the same pieces and only one would revert to the the default scale, which was the one connected to the root part. I downgraded to 1.45 and that issue went away.

Edited by Gaiiden