[0.90] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.50 - 2014-12-24 10:40 UTC)

Biotronic

Experiencing a funny (in version 1.44, since later versions appear to be 'special') with specifying my own mass exponents, working on a decoupler scaling (which should roughly scale as r^(1 ~ 1.1)), and I set:

SCALETYPE
{
name = RODecoupler
freeScale = true
minScale = 0.1
maxScale = 20.0
SCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 1.1
}
defaultScale = 1.0
}

However, when I get in-game, and check the scaling on a part using that type (doing an exponential line-fit with excel) I get that it's still scaling to r^3 which is not what I expected.

Using this post here as a guide for how to do this.

Anyone know what's going on?

Edit: Just to exonerate the part side of things, adding it to a part by:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = RODecoupler
defaultScale = 3.0
}

Edited by Felger

Experiencing a funny (in version 1.44, since later versions appear to be 'special') with specifying my own mass exponents, working on a decoupler scaling (which should roughly scale as r^(1 ~ 1.1)), and I set:

SCALETYPE
{
name = RODecoupler
freeScale = true
minScale = 0.1
maxScale = 20.0
SCALEEXPONENTS
{
mass = 1.1
}
defaultScale = 1.0
}

However, when I get in-game, and check the scaling on a part using that type (doing an exponential line-fit with excel) I get that it's still scaling to r^3 which is not what I expected.

Using this post here as a guide for how to do this.

Anyone know what's going on?

Edit: Just to exonerate the part side of things, adding it to a part by:

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = RODecoupler
defaultScale = 3.0
}

I think it's because it's not SCALEEXPONENTS {} anymore, it's TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS {} - change that and, in theory and with some luck, all should work...

tested versions 1.44-1.47 had problems with every version but 1.44.

1.47 worked for most part for me but specific parts mostly parts from planes would throw nan errors when they resized. even tried the souce one and still had issues. for now ima strat delteing he .cfg for every pack that causes problems.

tested versions 1.44-1.47 had problems with every version but 1.44.

1.47 worked for most part for me but specific parts mostly parts from planes would throw nan errors when they resized. even tried the souce one and still had issues. for now ima strat delteing he .cfg for every pack that causes problems.

1.44 should work for just about everything, but it depends on what mods you have installed - it can cause strange things to happen if you use TweakableEverything, for example, but removing a couple of TE's .dll files can help

I had a pair of biodomes attached back to back using three tweak scaled 1-2 splitters... My mass got to 3518439096385.480 tons before i figured it out... Actually I nuked that ship with the Space Center terminate button, redid the ship, launched it, and then got up to 50000 or so tons before THEN finding the issue. Mass is back to a reasonable 600 tons (it IS two biodomes, after all, docked to a fuel tanker with one big tank and 4 smaller orange tanks, 6 large RCS tanks, a hitchhiker pod, and a science lab)

Although... Now I have NO idea what's happening. Had two escape pods explode off the Docking port Sr. they were docked too... smoke puff, no flame, once I started maneuvering to dock with a tanker... some struts and some gigantors went with them... Uhg... Think i'm gonna just fling those tankers at some other orbiting body and hope they have enough fuel left to do some good if I ever get out to where I send them...

**reads message directly below... I was using long girders (don't recall which ones) to extend the gigantors away from a pair of docking port Sr... Maybe that's what glitches, the escape pods broke off at the SAS units... where the girders were attached. Dang... I'm gonna have to rebuild this station segment a THIRD time, aren't I! XD

/)_-

Hi there! I just noticed this week that TS still has the old diameter listed for the stock small-sized SAS reaction wheel. In 0.25 it was reduced to 0.625m diameter, instead of 1.25m. However the MM config in TS still has it listed as 1.25m, so it scales wrong when auto-scaling. I just thought I'd point that out:

@PART[sasModule] // Inline Reaction Wheel
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = stack
defaultScale = 1.25
}
}

Also, while I'm here, I thought I'd suggest adding an adapter_3_1 scale in the default scales. I added that in some of my mods that have 1.25m nodes under a 3.75m adapter. Now that 7.5m is also included as a standard diameter, scaling these now makes sense. Here's the scale I used:

SCALETYPE
{
name = adapter_3_1
freeScale = false
scaleFactors = 3.75, 7.5
scaleNames = 3.75m to 1.25m, 7.5m to 2.5m
defaultScale = 3.75
}

Great mod, by the way. Thanks! :)

Given the last few pages, I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks Biotronic! for a wonderful mod. All mods have their issues, but let's not lose sight of how awesome this one is. :)

very true, I was going to start a new 0.90 save then noticed that tweakscale isn't working (presumably because of the changes to the part categories)

and decided to go back to 0.25 until this mod gets updated.

not being able to rescale the structural parts especially is just ;.;

Based on recent experience, I'm guessing there's about a 0% chance Biotronic will update this in the near future - he seems occupied with his own life, which is fine. I think his license permits others to make new versions, though, if there are any coders out there yearning for some TweakScale action.

Based on recent experience, I'm guessing there's about a 0% chance Biotronic will update this in the near future - he seems occupied with his own life, which is fine. I think his license permits others to make new versions, though, if there are any coders out there yearning for some TweakScale action.

~Oh Look~

New version, updated for .90 is out!

You're mostly right! It's been crunch time at work for a couple weeks now, so I've had no time to work on TweakScale and needed what little spare time I had to relax and get ready for work the day after. I'm very sorry for not keeping you guys updated on the situation, but it's just been too much. However, as of yesterday I'm unemployed, so I've got some time to polish and fix things. Whee! (We lost a big contract, and me being the new guy, was laid off first. Sucks to be new).

You're mostly right! It's been crunch time at work for a couple weeks now, so I've had no time to work on TweakScale and needed what little spare time I had to relax and get ready for work the day after. I'm very sorry for not keeping you guys updated on the situation, but it's just been too much. However, as of yesterday I'm unemployed, so I've got some time to polish and fix things. Whee! (We lost a big contract, and me being the new guy, was laid off first. Sucks to be new).

Dude, so sorry to hear about the job loss :( hopefully something comes up for you soon!!!

Thanks so much for the update in the meantime :D

Welp, there's me being wrong again, but wrong in the best of ways :). That sucks, sorry to hear about that.

Btw, there will likely be another update fairly soon, as i go through all the 'supported' mods to update support. With the new Auto-Scale system there are some parts that have the wrong scale type (2.5m to 1.25m [as opposed to 1.25m to 2.5m] adapters come to mind), and many mod packs have added, renamed and removed parts. This *will* break saves using those parts, which sucks. If anyone has updated .cfgs, I'd love to get them. Either place a pull request over at https://github.com/Biotronic/TweakScale, post it here, PM me or whatever.