[1.1.0] Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS x1.1.0 [Experimental])

SIT89

SAVOIR!!!! +2 ive been trying the last week to get space x launches to parachute down , now with this mod I can fully control all separated stages and land them and then go back to my orbit ! :D

Ohh... Cool!
Decoupling with docking ports now works with v0.1.02.

Restarting a rocket, with the plugin, which has been refueled will not work currently.

Because the plugin only resets at the launch pad.

But i will implement a solution for that.

That'll be awesome!

I tested the plugin out with my falcon heavy ish craft. It works very nicely.

But please be patient!

I'll be out of town for 9 days, from now.

Maybe i can read forum posts, but i will not be able to make any update.

Meanwhile have fun with it!

Very nice. I was worried about what bouncing around in time would do to MCE. I'm glad to see it works just fine.

Now to test it with a falcon heavy configuration. I'm wondering what it's going to do with the first stage drops two boosters that have to fly back.

For sure! Take your time, it works quite well as it is already.

Rosenkranz, I tested it with my falcon heavy type rocket; if you switch back to it, it only loads one of the boosters, so you can (or have to) fly them back one at a time. Although, haven't tried switching to them right away after jettisoning, flying them back together, then switching back to the main flight.

For a long time, the biggest problem with doing any kind of airborne mothership spaceplane launch was losing control of the mothership. I always had to "just pretend" the plane flew back to a safe landing. Looks like this mod fixes that problem. Very nice! :)

I just thought of another possible problem with this scenario - you're talking about two ships piloted by kerbals. Which means when you dump the mothership and continue on in the spaceplane, the kerbals in the mothership will be MIA when that unloads. Obviously when you go to fly the mothership home, they will be alive - in that version of the save file. Whatever this mod is doing to merge save files in the end, it may not also merge the status of kerbals.

I'm sure this is easily added if it's not already, but since the mod author said he was going to be away for awhile, if you end up with MIA kerbals this would be why. Just go into the save file, find their names and set their status back to 0

I'm having an issue with the Ignitor mod and FMRS as returning to the craft breaks the continuity of the engine being lit and it has no or limited restart capability. I know it's a mod-mod interaction but means I can't use both freely as I would like.

Edit: A short workaround for simple situations is to not activate the engine via staging until after returning from the booster flight scene.

Edited by Frederf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I am back and currently working on a new update!

Can anyone make a video of this in action?

I found a

on youtube.

FMRS appears at 15:30

Rosenkranz, I tested it with my falcon heavy type rocket; if you switch back to it, it only loads one of the boosters, so you can (or have to) fly them back one at a time. Although, haven't tried switching to them right away after jettisoning, flying them back together, then switching back to the main flight.

I guess you have been under 20km of altitude.

Under 20 km the nearby vessels are deleted due to a KSP bug.

If you are above ~20 km, all separated boosters will be there after loading and you can use your Burn Together plugin for landing.

I just thought of another possible problem with this scenario - you're talking about two ships piloted by kerbals. Which means when you dump the mothership and continue on in the spaceplane, the kerbals in the mothership will be MIA when that unloads. Obviously when you go to fly the mothership home, they will be alive - in that version of the save file. Whatever this mod is doing to merge save files in the end, it may not also merge the status of kerbals.

I'm sure this is easily added if it's not already, but since the mod author said he was going to be away for awhile, if you end up with MIA kerbals this would be why. Just go into the save file, find their names and set their status back to 0

I have tried that and had no problem with it. Means no kerbal ended up MIA.

I was thinking of making a comprehensive video on the mod. Should I wait till the next update?

That would be great! :)

In the next version it will be possible to reset the plugin.

That means that you can land your rocket, refuel / reassemble it, reset the plugin and then start again with the armed FMRS.

So i recommend to wait for the update.

I guess it will be finished till the weekend.

That would be great! :)

In the next version it will be possible to reset the plugin.

That means that you can land your rocket, refuel / reassemble it, reset the plugin and then start again with the armed FMRS.

So i recommend to wait for the update.

I guess it will be finished till the weekend.

Alright, that's going to be so awesome! :D

Update v0.1.03 released

changes

the plugin now can be reset, to preflight, if the controlled vessel has landed on a surface

window height adapts to displayed content

fixed an issue with the manual activation of decouplers by mouse click

scene change (other scene than flight scene) now closes the plugin

I'm having a problem getting the plugin to appear (even in the toolbar config window) when I send a ship out to the pad. It's somehow intermittent, working with some vehicles and not others. I can't figure out what the difference is, but I'll report back.

I'm having a problem getting the plugin to appear (even in the toolbar config window) when I send a ship out to the pad. It's somehow intermittent, working with some vehicles and not others. I can't figure out what the difference is, but I'll report back.

Does it allways don´t work with the same craft? Or appears it sometimes and sometimes not with the same craft?

Which mods have you installed?

Do you have any mod part on that craft?

Is there a mod which also shows a window?

Just found this and tried it out tonight, loved it. It's neat for doing SpaceX Falcon style rockets, but is really sweet for launching shuttle style craft on the back of planes and being able to re-land the plane back at the runway. - Now all we need is a runway out in the middle of the ocean somewhere so we could land a lift stage there and re-fuel it before returning it to KSC.

Definitely adding to my list of used mods. Nice work!

Allright, the OP tells me to arm FMRS before launch. How do I arm the FMRS? I have installed the addon in the GameData folder, and I also have Toolbar by Blizzy, but still, I can't seem to find the activate button.

Does this eat memory the longer it runs? If I load a plane with science probes and drop them as I'm flying, will it eat into my performance, and perhaps cause a game crash from memory overload, if I wait too long to land and switch back through all my probes?

Allright, the OP tells me to arm FMRS before launch. How do I arm the FMRS? I have installed the addon in the GameData folder, and I also have Toolbar by Blizzy, but still, I can't seem to find the activate button.

Do you have a probe core on each stage?

Does this eat memory the longer it runs? If I load a plane with science probes and drop them as I'm flying, will it eat into my performance, and perhaps cause a game crash from memory overload, if I wait too long to land and switch back through all my probes?

As far as I can tell this mod doesn't record anythything, it only saves the position of the stages when decoupling.

First.

Thanks to all of you, for your great feedback!

I´m glad that you like my work! :)

Is the FMRS button in the toolbar visible?

If it the FMRS letters are green the plugin window should be visible, if you are on the launchpad or your current vessel has landed on a surface.

If not try to disable it with the toolbar (letters are red)

and the enable it with the toolbar again.

If it is still not there, the stored window position is maybe out of your KSP window.

I will add a function in future versions to prevent this.

You can fix that by changing to the main menu or close KSP.

Go to the folder GameData/FMRS/PluginData/FMRS

Open save.txt and set _SETTING_Window_X and _SETTING_Window_Y to 0.

The "Arm" button is right next to the "_" and "X" button.

No. It only saves after stage separation. Just like quicksaving.

If you jump back to the separation it loads that save file.

After you have landed and jump to a other vessel it merges your landed craft to the main save file.

Edited by SIT89

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.