Thanks KSP team :)

togfox

while, yes, i do appreciate their good work making this game, but no i dont think we owe them anything.

we paid them what they asked for but they havent delivered everything they promised yet.

(while i think the game is already worth more than their set price, $23 is a bit too low for this fascinating game)

I have never enjoyed the game as much as I am right now. While always fun, I was never able to really get hooked with KSP. I would pull it out every few months, only to lose interest after a week or so. Now, I can't get enough. The science and tech tree have given this game a purpose. I can't wait to see how the career mode grows from here.

I've had waaaay more fun playing KSP with low level tech and no mods but the happy joy of science points than I did with all the end level tech and mods.

Also, I think we need to say more when we like something rather than only complaining, seems like when people don't like something they go on and on about it, but when we do like something, we don't say anything. :o

Edited by Wallace

I have to say, adding in career mode changed everything. All of a sudden I have a drive to be better and make things I've never made before. While Sandbox was really fun and it's fun to mess around, .22 made everything more serious, which for me makes it fun. I felt sadness and anger when I lost my first Kerbal (poor Jermore) due to poor planning. But this drove me to do the exact same mission but with such care and tension, it all worked out. Also, actually having a reason to land on Kerbin's mountains and various different terrain features refreshing. I landed in some Skyrim looking mountains, was awesome, got some cool samples.

Anyways, Devs you are awesome.

.22 is one small step for updates, one huge leap for KSP

Im happy with the way developement is going on! A very big thanks to the Devs for anything!

As one of the guys that played it from very early begin (see my join date^^) its nice to see what the Devs have done until now!

For career mode I wish an economy patch will arrive soon. So its more difficult. I like it already. And its already quiet difficult for me to build rockets and land on mun and come back to earth without mechjeb (Im too stupid to land :D). But still...whenever I see the prices for the parts I wish there was any kind of economy. Just to make it feel complete.

But its already awesome and gives me now a goal...which I missed for a long time.

But beside kissing the devs butt only...I want to say a big thanks to all the mod devs too. I love games where I can modify anything. Espacially with such great mods like in KSP.

The only thing that dissapointed me much is the stuttering sound when I play ingame-music. Every few seconds...killing my ears. So I turned it off - even if the soundtrack is nice. (btw...it needs more tracks^^ I stopped making music as I have no more hardware for this...so I cant help you here) - but I will now search the forum for any solution..or open a thread for it...(I always "forgot" this^^)

Btw..is it possible to pay another money even if you own the game already? If not I know someone who wants KSP as gift maybe. Not sure. (I paid 8$ in the past..when the price was 7$...that was all I had left on my prepaid-CC back the time)

Edited by Duke-49th

I first played KSP in 0.18 and it had me then. True, since I didn't surf the forums I didn't get into it as much as I did later in 0.19, but it taught me a lot about orbital dynamics I never really thought about. I've been a scifi nut since childhood (thanks to my Mum actually) and this managed to teach me something, more by being immersive and entertaining at the same time than being something new. KSP just puts the physics in there as something that anyone can understand, rather than pages of numbers. Even aside from the addictive quality of the game, the learning experience alone makes this well worth it.

Thanks Squad for a fantastic experience, that just keeps getting better.

Edited by Patupi

I showed a friend the latest update, and he purchased it within 10 minutes. He said something I never really considered: "Creative-Mode games paralyze me. I never know why to do anything. Like survival mode in Minecraft, this gives your accomplishments so much more purpose."

That said, I can't wait to see more!

Thanks!

I just read the OP, thanking the staff about the option to try the game for free - referencing to the Demo at the state of the old KSP 0.13

You know, this is something I just felt should be really thanked for, because its something that promotes a better behavior in the Game-business. Im so fed about DLCs, Special Editions and Pre-Purchase Content. It really disgusts me how things turn nowadays and I long back for the old times when you either had your copy of C&C 95 or you had not. It even seeps back into the Indie-scene again where Kickstarter became a standart. Those get X, while those dont or only for Y amount of money - I miss a straight focus on things: The game for one and the (playing) Customer on the other. I just detest the feel of being a monetizing instrument when I see the latest Trailers for the newest DLC of Borderlands2, hyping themselves and making jolly fun of a Pack that adds another 10 whopping levels for those who pay the prize. People like me, sticking with the basegame ultimately having doubts whether we really own the game or got scammed with a demo for a full-price-title.

Its like overcomplexing things from simple "Pay X to get Y" to a full fledged Stockmarket where you can all too easily end up with a trashcan full of digital hats instead of a fun and well-made game.

Thanks for being not like this, Squad, thanks for having fun with what you do and entertaining me since 0.8. I love how you go about the Kerbal Universe and the way you share your ways with us. I dont understand everything of it but its interesting nonetheless.

I'd like to say thanks to the team at squad also!

I started off with the demo, and then I was naughty, but then my girlfriend loaned me the moneys to get it on steam! I'm gunna buy a copy for a couple of friends soon as I can afford it :)

I love kerbal space program!

I spent a couple weeks reading about 0.22 before I got a chance to play it (business trip), and I had concerns about career mode.

Now that I've spent a couple days playing it, I absolutely love career mode. It makes things interesting in new ways! I've done new things, landed new places, had new failures, and all without the "normal" setup of a bazillion orange tanks and mainsails.

I could go on for quite a while I expect, but I'm not going to.

Suffice to say, I love KSP more now than ever before, which is a damn good trick.

Keep up the good work, squad!

I haven't played much, and I have had lag as well as some bugginess, but it was definitely worth the 22 bucks I spent for it! I just hope that maybe one day they will add some multithreading and more video card support (correct me if I'm wrong about the video card thing), so the game can run a little more smoothly for everyone. :)

Loving this game. Bought it around 0.18, just before 0.22 came out I set myself a target to take 3 Kerbals to Laythe, land them and then return them home. Managed to do just that at long last, the only stretch of reality was aerobraking through Jool and Laythe's atmospheres to achieve capture (and aerobraking into Kerbin too). I was only pulling 1-2G's so it was a mild maneuver but I do wonder about the temperature load on the craft. I know there are mods to enhance that aspect anyway (deadly re-entry mod), hopefully one day the game will model it natively.

As a result I just got around to starting career mode the other night and the bug has bitten all over again. Well done guys :)

Having been a space nut since forever, (my first word was "moon" apparently and built a lunar lander model in grade 2 with my dad). I want to thank all the developers and modders. I'm now 45.

Only found out about this a week ago and bought it immediately. Wish someone had told me about it sooner.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks you, KSP team!

I love this game and hate in some measurement, because of it I go sleep for an hour or two later for last two months than I used to. Because I want to send this beautiful rockets into space and can't but do it.

I've started playing the game with a pirate copy, but the urge to buy it as soon as the 0.22 was rolled out made me did it, the first game which I've bought for last 5 years! :)

Love this game!

Hats of and big thanks to the KSP team from me too.

There are so many trivial games out there, its so refreshing to find one where you dont succeed at everything at the first try. How many rockets already exploded, or failed some other way, parts forgotten, Kerbals stranded somewhere...but its just that that keeps me coming back.

´cause I WANT that rocket in Orbit and I WANT to rescue my Jeb from Mun and I WANT to get a satellite in orbit around someplace else...and the sweet satisfaction when the stable orbit is finaly established or the capsul with the lost son has safely landed back on Kerbin.

Or, just the calming silence when floating peacefully in space high over Kerbin, the feeling of tranquilitiy is soothing.

And they go further, being active in this forum and communicating with the community is an awesome bonus, some good games failed to be great because the devs did not talk to and listen to their community.

So keep at it KSP team, I enjoyed every minute playing so far and I´m sure there are many more to come, thanks to you.

Old Pete, signing off.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant say with words how this [HAPPY DAISIES] awesome game is!! So the only thing I can say is thank you SQUAD and keep it up. I've never played a game like this. I love every minute playing this game, I could spend hours trying to get some planet and if I miss I don't care or get angry, just a few modifications and go again to the STARS!! It's all about the feelings the game transmit to you every moment, no matter what you're doing; flying, building or just simply watching the beautifull scenes. For all of this, thank you SQUAD.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.