[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Yeah, it just needs fleshing out. Cargo bays, more fuel tanks, various adapters.. right now, yeah, it's pretty useless. The one fuel tank doesn't hold oxidiser and there's only two other parts it can connect to sensibly.

And a 1to4 adapter for engines plus some huge air intake

Come to think of it, I'd also like an MK1 triple adapter - like the 1.25 m double one but with three nodes in a single line: cockpit in the center, air intakes at the side. It can be done by clipping parts (place one adapter, put another bicoupler on either side, attach something to the node that's in line with the center, attach another bicoupler behind), but a proper part would be neater.

Edited by juanml82

Porkjet, do you think we could see MK2 Fuselage decouplers and/or docking ports, so that we can make space planes that detach pieces?

I like the idea of a detachable crew module but putting the circular decouplers on those nice sleek fuselages looks so ugly..

Porkjet, do you think we could see MK2 Fuselage decouplers and/or docking ports, so that we can make space planes that detach pieces?

I like the idea of a detachable crew module but putting the circular decouplers on those nice sleek fuselages looks so ugly..

Very much this.

To the people asking about what hes working on or what COULD happen, you folks do realize that as an official Squad developer under contract, Porkjet has legal restrictions on what he can say about the kind of work that is being done.

And there was me thinking that his mod was purchased and that he is not a developer. Porkjet did clearly say earlier in this thread that work was been done on longer landing gear (which has not surfaced).

The Mk2 cargo bay can hold 1.25.

Sure... a 1.25m cylinder, so long as you don't want anything attached to the outside of it. Once you start tacking on landing legs, solar panels, batteries, lights, docking ports, etc. it rapidly becomes almost impossible to fit a 1.25m payload into that tiny bay. The Mk3-sized cargo bay can accommodate a reasonable 1.25m-based vehicle built around its desired mission profile instead of just the severe compromises required to fit it into the Mk2 bay.

The Mk2 bay isn't useless... far from it. It's just a Mk3 cargo bay is dramatically more useful than a Mk2 cargo bay.

Edited by RoboRay

Sure... a 1.25m cylinder, so long as you don't want anything attached to the outside of it. Once you start tacking on landing legs, solar panels, batteries, lights, docking ports, etc. it rapidly becomes almost impossible to fit a 1.25m payload into that tiny bay. The Mk3-sized cargo bay can accommodate a reasonable 1.25m-based vehicle built around its desired mission profile instead of just the severe compromises required to fit it into the Mk2 bay.

The Mk2 bay isn't useless... far from it. It's just a Mk3 cargo bay is dramatically more useful than a Mk2 cargo bay.

Yes. And I really like Hugo's new Mk3 stuff. The Mk3 needs to be more fleshed out. And it needs to have a 6 kerbal cabin piece. With IVA of course. And Porkjet, are you going to finish the IVAs for the inline cockpit and cabin, then give them to squad to put in the next update?

Are the official parts named the same way as the mod ones were? In other words, can one now just delete the old mod folder and have existing craft and their saves function properly?

Are the official parts named the same way as the mod ones were? In other words, can one now just delete the old mod folder and have existing craft and their saves function properly?

In short, no. I discovered this when my supersonic research jet was annulled by a single shock cone intake from this mod.

I looked over a few of the parts and found the names to be the same. (cockpits, cargobays, a few others)

However the craft files that SPP came with don't load. Says they have missing or locked parts. (and since it's sandbox, they aren't locked)

Looking further, some names got changed. Minor things like a dot removed. (mk2FuselageLong.LFO renamed to mk2FuselageLongLFO, structuralWing1 renamed to structuralWing while structuralWing2 is not renamed)

If you put the craft in the SPH folder and try to load it up, then bring up the debug window you can see what parts are missing because they are logged as errors. (i.e. [Error]: [shipConstruct]: Trying to load [sP+] Explorer - No AvailablePart found for mk2Fuselage.LFO)

So if you rename those parts in the craft file, you can probably get them to load up but you might have to reposition some parts. YMMV.

i didnt test it with ferram or near but in stock these new wing parts are way op.. somewings+cockpit+bi adaptor fuel tank+2 rapiers and you are in orbit, just tiny bit of fuel and you are in orbit... dafuq?

i didnt test it with ferram or near but in stock these new wing parts are way op.. somewings+cockpit+bi adaptor fuel tank+2 rapiers and you are in orbit, just tiny bit of fuel and you are in orbit... dafuq?

It's not the wings, it's the stock air-breathing engines that are OP as they only consume fuel at 1/15th the rate they should. The same design without wings would make orbit if launched vertically.

I wish we could get a optional menu to add heat shielding to the MK2 parts. Don't even get me started on the MK3 parts! Seriously there's no point in them at all for the moment. They don't really fit anything, no LFO tanks and jet/sabre engines just look weird on it without an attachment that actually fits that tapers it to a circular shape. I mean right now it's just wasting precious space.

Can't wait to see what happens with DRE and Mk2 parts, hopefully someone will add heat shielding to the wings/fuselages. Hopefully they'll contract Porkjet to do a lot more parts than just a few wings. But then again, if that is the case I'm sure he'll just make another mod that adds those parts.

Look, why don't you add a Mark-2 size reaction wheels like those in B9?

Or let Squad do it, since it combined into the game... ...

or, you could use B9's. Or Cacteye's surface attach parts. Or literally any of the other parts. do not demand others create what you are unwilling to search for.

or, you could use B9's. Or Cacteye's surface attach parts. Or literally any of the other parts. do not demand others create what you are unwilling to search for.

b9 MKII parts dont match up, there not symetrical.

Look, why don't you add a Mark-2 size reaction wheels like those in B9?

Or let Squad do it, since it combined into the game... ...

If you need more torque use the drone core. If you need more torque than that use another drone core. If that's still not enough then create a CFG which duplicates the drone core but swaps the actual control ability for additional torque. It's not that difficult.

so is this mod effectively defunct? Or are there parts in SP+ that didnt go into 2.5 stock?

Unless you want to change out the IVA, yeah, it's defunct. The only difference is the RPM MFDs in the cockpit of SP+ and the dark undersides. There's actually more parts in 0.25 stock.

And the new stock cargobays are great. The bay doors have separate colliders, so they now, for instance, block engine thrust. Have a jet engine sitting in a cargobay, and its net thrust will be zero until the bay doors are open.

Speaking of which. Any chance of getting a similarly made inline cargo bay door? Something to allow the cargo bay to open forward, rather than upward or downward?