[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

They're all for the trash bin, I have to completely remake em... Not soon.

:(

ahhh really sorry to hear that, i have a question though, i am sorry if it was previously answered and i missed it :what will happen to this mod, this forum thread and you after 0.25? will you work for squad? will you still be here? will the mod still be here after 0.25 perhaps releasing future parts and updates that you know wer are hungery for?

so far thanks for the awesome work.this mod made sstos cool for a lot of people, and made sstos a reality for new players with its non partbloat and easy to grasp methtod.

Here, I Say... I don't do this praising thing very often, in fact this is probably a first. So make the most of it.

The way your wing pieces fit together is veritably artistic.

Using your parts, I made wings from nose to engine - Concorde style slender delta.

I Designed and built a microlander using the mk1 capsule which fits just nicely in your cargo bay.

Launching this little craft was relatively simple however reacquiring it would not be so easy. Such a tight fit. Docking back in the bay would be problematic.

Using a hinge from those clever robotics chaps, attached to the baby docking port, soon put that to rights.

Orbital refuelling would be necessary but no problem with your docking port amidships.

So, that was the plan, of to the Mun and bring a slice of it back. Test your parts and my microlander at the same time.

Lift to centre of mass looked good and my vehicle made it to lunar orbit on the first launch. None of that return-to-the-hanger-to-fix-it malarkey.

The Mun mission successful, I still had to get the old girl landed back on the runway.

As graceful coming down as she was going up. She responded better than I imagined. Which is saying something, as I am always rather sure of the outcome before the attempt.

She touched down like a dragonfly on a lilly pad. Albeit a rather huge and very fast dragonfly on a very large and long lilly pad. Any road up.. you get the idea. I was chuffed.

I must say, at that point, I wept a little, and wished I could shake your hand.

Downloaded, fitted, launched, fun. After over 2000 hours of playing, fun is harder to mine. Got to dig deeper make more interesting vehicles. But I digress...

Bravo Sir.. Bravo indeed.

Well, this is gonna die soon. Not because the modder has stopped stuff. Well kinda. Wait, porkjet, are you gonna work on these even after they have been integrated into the game and kinda become a dev?

What does that even mean? Why are people so obsessed with a mod 'dying'? If it's not under constant development it 'died'? Even if it still works?

If it exists and it works then all is good and well.

Not to mention "seismic impact probes"... :cool:

screenshot7_zpsd854b3bb.jpg

More seriously, while an inverted cargo bay has all sorts of practical uses (rover deployment, for one), I'm still hanging out for loading ramps. I want to be able to drive my rover back onto the spaceplane, not just drop it.

Sounds like they will be a mod and not in the stock game....just a guess from that statement.

To bad about "not soon", was looking forward to those parts. Still great that this mod is going into the game.

Not to mention "seismic impact probes"... :cool:

photo clipage

More seriously, while an inverted cargo bay has all sorts of practical uses (rover deployment, for one), I'm still hanging out for loading ramps. I want to be able to drive my rover back onto the spaceplane, not just drop it.

Use Kas wrench to lift the rover back into the plane. The main person came back and released an updated version based on what was done to fix the troubles of it.

Its a pity, What about releasing them with the "current" version of Spaceplane plus and have it as a mod for the time being? Its a shame that the time used to make em is wasted.

Is there a way to open the docking part in the VAB/SPH, so you can build a ship that starts with something docked to it?

Right click menu should give an open/close option.

Mine all default to open, though. Do you have the Firespitter dll? It's necessary to make the opening animation work.

Right click menu should give an open/close option.

Mine all default to open, though. Do you have the Firespitter dll? It's necessary to make the opening animation work.

I have the Firespitter dll, but I don't have an open/close option in the clampatron. I have it in the cargo bays, for instance, and in the stock inline clampatron, but not in the SP+ MK2 clampatron

Let's say, what if someone was going to not only make smaller and bigger landing gear versions, but also planned to make a new model for the current landing gear, what changes would you like to see about it?

I'd love to have parts where you can have several different lengths on the same landing gear so you can tailor it to your crafts body ( preferably done via tweakables if possible ).

I don't think much smaller then we have stock today is needed, but bigger (B9 double size) and much bigger would be nice to have.

Another thing that would be nice is a landing gear attached to narrow airplane bodies that are angled 45-60 degrees outwards to gain stability, but with wheels angled back to match the runway like this:

Reaper-Landing-Gear-1111.jpg

I have the Firespitter dll, but I don't have an open/close option in the clampatron. I have it in the cargo bays, for instance, and in the stock inline clampatron, but not in the SP+ MK2 clampatron

Whoops, sorry, didn't see the docking port bit. Yeah, they're locked shut in SPH. Shame; I'd like to be able to stick some lights in there.

When testing this mod with Ferram, I noticed that my wings break off very quickly when turning. A closer look at the Spaceplane Plus wings showed that the Centre of Lift seems to be at the wing tip, as shown in the picture below. This applies to all Spaceplane Plus wings in Ferram. The default parts with Ferram as well as the Spaceplane Plus parts without Ferram seem to work well.

The position of the centre of lift seems to be the cause of wings breaking off early, since an equal lift force results in a much higher moment. For example, when applying a force at the wing tip of the Delta Wing, the wing usually breaks off between 1000 and 1200kN, while the wing can sustain 2500kN of Force at the centre of the wing.

These parts are amazing, so I hope this will be fixed soon.

http://i.imgur.com/sojEy5j.jpg

Just confirming that I'm having exactly the same problem, and it's making it very hard to fly when wings constantly come off!

cgamFJK.jpg

Edited by Zerp