[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Yepp, I agree with that and would like to create those as soon as I get time.

Also airbrakes, spaceplane rcs blocks and Mk2 Engines!

YESS, AWESOMENESS INCOMING.i hope mod going stock wont put you out of buisness or they do these " small modifications" and it ruins the mod

I have a question, Porkjet: With your parts becoming stock, what is the fate of the parts that you have shown but not released yet? Will they also become stock or will you release them separately?

Yepp, I agree with that and would like to create those as soon as I get time.

Also airbrakes, spaceplane rcs blocks and Mk2 Engines!

So wait, airbrakes as part of the mod or stock integration? Because if it's the latter... #HYPEPLANE

But in all seriousness, these are going to be cool whether or not they're stock. I should probably use this mod more. :D

So wait, airbrakes as part of the mod or stock integration? Because if it's the latter... #HYPEPLANE

But in all seriousness, these are going to be cool whether or not they're stock. I should probably use this mod more. :D

THERE IS NO HYPEPLANE. The HypeTrain is carrying Spaceplane parts on a few flatbeds, but Hype-Powered flight doesn't work.

THERE IS NO HYPEPLANE. The HypeTrain is carrying Spaceplane parts on a few flatbeds, but Hype-Powered flight doesn't work.

"You underestimate my power!" Hype-powered flight will soon be a thing...

Aaaaaand now I'm tempted to mod some engines to run on a "Hype" resource... :cool:

Ladies and Gentleman,

I present to you this evening for your viewing pleasure, the ONE, the ONLY, the HYPE PTRANE!

1jefTqG.jpg

Yes, that took off with FAR still installed. I won't try landing it until I'm home with my joystick, though.

Ladies and Gentleman,

I present to you this evening for your viewing pleasure, the ONE, the ONLY, the HYPE PTRANE!

http://i.imgur.com/1jefTqG.jpg

Yes, that took off with FAR still installed. I won't try landing it until I'm home with my joystick, though.

Are there any first class seats still available? I like to stretch out a bit.

Are there any first class seats still available? I like to stretch out a bit.

They're all first class seats on the Hype Ptrane. Also, there's a pool available in the forward compartment. Don't forget your swimsuit (and oxygen mask. LF fumes are nasty business).

It seems to me that beside Spaceplane Plus you also installed some kind of aerodynamic mod... Guessing either NEAR or FAR...

all I did was download the Mediafire file and put it in gamedata. Firespitter was out of date so i deleted that folder and it still happens, but other then that this is all i have.Untitled-2.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman,

1jefTqG.jpg

lol can that thing actually reach orbit? or transfer into kerbol? all the other pics of hypetrains have them flying into the sun for some reason...

all I did was download the Mediafire file and put it in gamedata. Firespitter was out of date so i deleted that folder and it still happens, but other then that this is all i have.http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/rwaar21/Untitled-2.jpg

I'd delete and re-download both FAR and SP+ first. Might not work, but it's worth a try.

When testing this mod with Ferram, I noticed that my wings break off very quickly when turning. A closer look at the Spaceplane Plus wings showed that the Centre of Lift seems to be at the wing tip, as shown in the picture below. This applies to all Spaceplane Plus wings in Ferram. The default parts with Ferram as well as the Spaceplane Plus parts without Ferram seem to work well.

The position of the centre of lift seems to be the cause of wings breaking off early, since an equal lift force results in a much higher moment. For example, when applying a force at the wing tip of the Delta Wing, the wing usually breaks off between 1000 and 1200kN, while the wing can sustain 2500kN of Force at the centre of the wing.

These parts are amazing, so I hope this will be fixed soon.

sojEy5j.jpgp

I've been doing quite a lot of crazy stuff with SP+ wings under Ferram; see the links in my .sig. The wings are strutted, but usually only with one or two struts per wingpiece. I don't strut SP+ wings any more than I do stock wings. Most of what I do is high speed low altitude stuff rather than aerobatics, but I've been giving the wings a decent workout on the reentry challenge. I usually snap the fuselage before I break the wings; the forward canards get too much leverage and rip the cockpit off.

If you're right about the different CoLs, though: cool. Fix that and I might not have to strut at all.

EDIT: actually, we've been using an all-stock plane for the reentry challenge. Most of the SP+ stuff has been straight line speed. Y'all might have a point.

Is this something that needs a Module Manager patch for Ferram, or for SP+?

Edited by Wanderfound

I'd delete and re-download both FAR and SP+ first. Might not work, but it's worth a try.

Sorry, how exactly does that help him? Look at the entire exchange. He installed this together with FAR and:

• It takes less to get to orbit now
  • His plane rips apart super easy.

Everything is working the way it is intended to work with FAR installed. Drag model is less draggy as it should be. His plane is super fragile because FAR models aerodynamic stress. IMNSHO, it models it not at all accurately IMO, but still according to design for FAR. So the answer to his questions are

1. That's by design
  2. That's by design but you can disable it in FAR settings.

Sorry, how exactly does that help him? Look at the entire exchange. He installed this together with FAR and:

• It takes less to get to orbit now
  • His plane rips apart super easy.

Everything is working the way it is intended to work with FAR installed. Drag model is less draggy as it should be. His plane is super fragile because FAR models aerodynamic stress. IMNSHO, it models it not at all accurately IMO, but still according to design for FAR. So the answer to his questions are

1. That's by design
  2. That's by design but you can disable it in FAR settings.

How it was supposed to help was to ensure that Ferram and SP+ were both working properly before going on to make assumptions.

I had a previous issue where my planes went haywire in FAR; it turned out that I'd missed an update and had some clashes, but the effect was reduced thrust and increased drag in FAR, which in turn brought out a bunch of previously trivial aerodynamic issues on my designs. Most folks with complaints about aerodynamic failure under FAR are just having an unexpected brush with reality, but occasionally the game and/or mods are at fault.

After he makes sure that the install is okay, then we get on to the "no, planes are supposed to explode if you try to fly them like that" conversation.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the SP+ wing strake is the single greatest addition to plane building ever created.

Agreed. It's the stuff that awesome is made of.

I love how it's slightly thinner than the wing pieces, so doesn't z-fight when used further up the fuselage.

That piece damn-near inspired me to make an entire fleet...

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by TMS