[0.24] Spaceplane Plus 1.3

Porkjet

Whoops, sorry, didn't see the docking port bit. Yeah, they're locked shut in SPH. Shame; I'd like to be able to stick some lights in there.

I've edited tweakscale files and did it:

In plugindata/tweakabledockingnode/config.xml

I've added the part name of the Mk2 clampatron

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
<string name="AffectedParts">dockingPort1, dockingPortLateral, [B]mk2DockingPort[/B]</string>
<vector2 name="bounds">
<x>-Infinity</x>
<y>Infinity</y>
</vector2>
</config>

And in the tweakabledockingnode.cfg I've added this (copypasting the inline clampatron config)

@PART[mk2DockingPort]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
!node_stack_bottom = DELETE

node_stack_tdn = 0, 0, -.671, 0, 0, 1, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.5753132, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
{
%startEventGUIName = Open Shield
%endEventGUIName = Close Shield
}

@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
{
%referenceAttachNode = tdn
}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
{
TDNnodeName = tdn
AlwaysAllowStack = True
deployAnimationControllerName = mk2DockingPort
}
}

Someone who knows the code can probably spot any mistakes I might have included. It works, although two MK2 Clampotrons can't be docked together (the same happens with the stock inline clampotron), but a regular docking port can be docked, although the meshes clip

They're really more like drop tanks. :P

There's this mod, RLA Stockalike, that has the tiny radial decouplers and .625m fuel tanks, and there's the TurboNisu's "stockalike parts for useful aesthetics" pack that has the fuel-containing fuel tank caps, bright yellow ones in case of the .625m.

Just confirming that I'm having exactly the same problem, and it's making it very hard to fly when wings constantly come off!

http://i.imgur.com/cgamFJK.jpg

I think i know what is wrong. From the FAR wiki:

"FAR assumes the wing starts at the model origin."

Now look at that:

(Sp+ Structural Wing Type A)
node_attach = 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

(Stock Structural Wing)
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

This tells me that the model origin is somewhere inside the wing. So the models probably need fixing.

They're really more like drop tanks. :P

There's this mod, RLA Stockalike, that has the tiny radial decouplers and .625m fuel tanks, and there's the TurboNisu's "stockalike parts for useful aesthetics" pack that has the fuel-containing fuel tank caps, bright yellow ones in case of the .625m.

If you're interested in something a bit chunkier, I highly recommend NRAP test weights. Tweakable length and diameter, tweakable weight from 1-100 tons, and totally indestructible. No burst effect, but if you're on target the NRAP won't stop until it hits dirt. Not radially attachable though, unfortunately.

I tried this mod and I think I'm in love. However the IVA view on other cockpit (not the one that comes at the tip of plane, the other one) is a bit... empty. A minor flaw however, though I can't imagine having similar IVA views on both cockpits can't be that hard.

Also I'm not sure if someone else has mentioned this already. I didn't check.

Hello!

You are actively talking about the next version of the game here as I can see. Any ideas on when is it coming?

I have read here in the thread that we will be able to flip cargo bays around to make bomb bays and stuff. And what about the black heat shield side? Also there are some plans about the asymmetric heat shielded wings in the original post and that question about the elevons. Do your elevons have an asymmetric airfoil or what do you mean when you say that?

Did you find a way to mirror parts in the hangar instead of flipping them like the stock thing does?

I would be extremely happy to know this as I always have this problem with some other parts that are asymmetric including the lifting airfoils that do not want to go where they are supposed to go properly as one of them is always upside down.

Thank you!

@kitspace on the remade SP+ parts that will go in 0.25, the MK2 parts are no longer asymmetric, and have no longer black tiles on the underside, so you can reverse them as you wish. (don't know if it will be toggeable or not though)

that said, the 0.25 version is already in experimentals :) so we can expect it soontm