[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Right now, KIS is a fresh mod, that is likely to have a lot of bugs. I'd wait until it gets ironed out a little to ask for official compatibility. In the meantime, you can write your own configs, which is super easy.

Right now, KIS is a fresh mod, that is likely to have a lot of bugs. I'd wait until it gets ironed out a little to ask for official compatibility. In the meantime, you can write your own configs, which is super easy.

The sweetest thing about KIS is that you don't need any configs for mods to work with it.

Proof pics:

jeAB9ck.jpg

ZFzVvnQ.jpg

Beale, I trolled/explored all the threads you have started

Wat iz diz chizborgerz?

http://williamhodgson.net/projects.html

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

- - - Updated - - -

The sweetest thing about KIS is that you don't need any configs for mods to work with it.

Proof pics:

http://i.imgur.com/jeAB9ck.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZFzVvnQ.jpg

But the configs that make Tantares parts have a KIS Inventory?

Hi all - unfortunately I'm currently travelling, so can't work much.

Perhaps you should do Lunokhod. It'd be interesting to see you step into the realm of rovers.

It's nice concept, but stock ksp wheels are still the spawn of satan.

That LK is looking good! :) After the next version of the mod gets released.. well' date=' I'm wondering about the Spectre's IVA 'cause I really love the look and feel of that command module, in fact I like it's shape and design more than Gemini's as Spectre isn't just a cone and just like with Gemini, I like that frontal facing window. No rush, just wondering what plans you have regarding Spectre's IVA (with RPM support of course). :D[/quote']

Spektr IVA: hmm, hard to say specific, but it's on its way.

Despite it being a "station" part, I will take advantage of the window.

LK is very, very cool!

Thank you for your efforts!

Thanks! :)

Despite being a beta, the BlokD is getting a LOT of use in my current save :-)

That's great! :)

No problems?

Looks great! For sure gonna support this.

Beale, I trolled/explored all the threads you have started

Wat iz diz chizborgerz?

http://williamhodgson.net/projects.html

- - - Updated - - -

But the configs that make Tantares parts have a KIS Inventory?

Wow!

You've found the very oldest version of Tantares that I put together with a buddy of mine (the guy still is helpful behind the scenes when my modeling knowledge fails).

Looks like that website never got updated, it's like a time portal :D

Edited by Beale

Two... Seats?... Or is it just a test? :confused:

you're not seeing double!

What do you think? Two is interesting, but one is more traditional. :)

512x512 texture, looks... okay.

047bd682a2.jpg

Also OrionKermin's passenger seat.

85fcf58d7b.jpg

Edited by Beale

you're not seeing double!

What do you think? Two is interesting, but one is more traditional. :)

I'm confused! Two seats maybe good, actually, but only as an alternative, probably. That LKM project, you know. Actually, it might be ok, because since the LOK seats two, you need to leave one in the command ship (especially with Remote Tech), but yet it could be better with 1 seat to prevent "cheating". Buuuut, you can argue that people who want to play historically will still use it as a 1-seater. I have nothing to top that, anyway, it's for you to decide. :)

I'm confused! Two seats maybe good, actually, but only as an alternative, probably. That LKM project, you know. Actually, it might be ok, because since the LOK seats two, you need to leave one in the command ship (especially with Remote Tech), but yet it could be better with 1 seat to prevent "cheating". Buuuut, you can argue that people who want to play historically will still use it as a 1-seater. I have nothing to top that, anyway, it's for you to decide. :)

Pretty much every argument for and against in one post! :D

It is a tricky thing regarding the LOK. But, a two-seater LK allows people using a three-seater CM to pull off a full Apollo style excursion.

Mmm...

In-game tests I think will see if it is a balanced idea.

Two is better, I think! It gives people motivation to use Tantares' lander.

This is my thinking also, 1 seater capsule become a little obsolete now in 0.90, as you will most always want to bring a scientist down with you.

08bf57eb06.jpg

Nothing to stop people only using one of the seats or editing the config file if they insist on historical accuracy. From that sort of roleplaying perspective though, I like the idea of landing lone Kerbals at first and then two at a time on later missions, once the concept has been proven.

EDIT: Yeah, without a scientist/engineer aboard for the ride the LK will quickly be made redundant by Alnair or Spektr.

Edited by Tapejara

Nothing to stop people only using one of the seats or editing the config file if they insist on historical accuracy. From that sort of roleplaying perspective though, I like the idea of landing lone Kerbals at first and then two at a time on later missions, once the concept has been proven.

EDIT: Yeah, without a scientist/engineer aboard for the ride the LK will quickly be made redundant by Alnair or Spektr.

If you're using the LOK architecture, someone needs to be in the LOK to perform the rendezvous.

Now in-game, it seems quite nice to have the option for two kerbals.

Here's some shots!

Passenger view.

He can't do a lot, well, nothing at all really.

5aff357f10.jpg

Pilot view

Lots of switches.

cf5cda98f5.jpg

Window view

738811d8dc.jpg

Docking View

This view is not amazing, but, should be sustensive.

0a56573cc7.jpg

Edited by Beale

Then two kerbals it is! I need to modify though my techthree. :)

Wow!!!
Very nice IVA!! :0.0:

Thanks! :)

Then two kerbals it is! I need to modify though my techthree. :)

For RTK, it is interesting: You could simply remove the entry for the back seat in the internal config, since the pilot cannot look behind himself, the player would never know there is two seats!

Or, I could just make an alternate config :)

For RTK, it is interesting: You could simply remove the entry for the back seat in the internal config, since the pilot cannot look behind himself, the player would never know there is two seats!

Or, I could just make an alternate config :)

Nah, I think to use it the way it is, partially because that way the Soviet landers branch can be close to American one. :)

To be honest I've never needed two kerbals on the Mun for EVAs but for ferrying them to a Mun base a two seat lander is better of course. The LK is actually a good reusable lander for lunar orbital stations.

(By EVAs I mean doing something useful and fun with KAS on the surface, not just jumping around.)

To be honest I've never needed two kerbals on the Mun for EVAs but for ferrying them to a Mun base a two seat lander is better of course. The LK is actually a good reusable lander for lunar orbital stations.

(By EVAs I mean doing something useful and fun with KAS on the surface, not just jumping around.)

Have you used KIS yet? (You should!)

It requires now that an Engineer do all the in-situ construction, which is quite a nice expansion to a kind of redundant job role (IMO).

So yeah, two seats works great for me :)

I'm currently transferring my KAS config to a KIS one!

Aside from that, yeah, I would agree with you. One Kerbal is really all you need for the Mun.

Nah, I think to use it the way it is, partially because that way the Soviet landers branch can be close to American one. :)

That's understandable! It's looking great anyway, nice to see that particular flag in game! :D

Edited by Beale

Have you used KIS yet? (You should!)

It requires now that an Engineer do all the in-situ construction, which is quite a nice expansion to a kind of redundant job role (IMO).

So yeah, two seats works great for me :)

I'm currently transferring my KAS config to a KIS one!

I'll definitely try it, thanks! I always assemble a kind of Alsep from stock parts using KAS to leave on the Mun. KIS seems to be even better at this.

Everyone here is excited about the awesome LK, and I am just sitting here waiting for a good opportunity to show my newest Tantares ship...

So I´ll show it now! :sticktongue:

http://imgur.com/a/jnKaO

The Kliper!

I know it wasn't the focus of this Album, but wow! (I think you must be referring to DGatsby's Kliper also).

The interplanetary ship is also great, it reminds me of Mir-2 :)

More LK antennas, because redundancy is cool.

bb8c0ee67c.jpg