[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Two questions: 1: Can i/How do i download the wip stuff? I see a thing for Work In Progress / Beta Downloads, but i don't see a download in it.

And 2: Are we going to get a Voskhod, and how is it going to be balanced with the Soyuz and Vostok? I say make the Soyuz have 3 kerbals, but they'd end up packed in like sardines.

Hard to believe that little guy makes it to orbit :D

Nice job.

Two questions: 1: Can i/How do i download the wip stuff? I see a thing for Work In Progress / Beta Downloads, but i don't see a download in it.

And 2: Are we going to get a Voskhod, and how is it going to be balanced with the Soyuz and Vostok? I say make the Soyuz have 3 kerbals, but they'd end up packed in like sardines.

Hi!

I hadn't put up any betas for this next release yet.

But here are the VOSTOK parts at the moment you can play around with,

Don't expect them to be balanced well :)

Voskhod... Definitely in the "maybe" pile, I will wait and see how feasible the airlock is.

Will we eventually get a HLV? Perhaps a proper, stack Energia clone? I would really love to have an option for heavy-lift capacity that didn't end up looking like either the N1 or the Saturn V.

Not in the near future (Well, the Proton I would argue is heavy lift in KSP world).

I'd recommend the SXT N1, which is very nice.

Sorry! :)

I for one am far more interested in stuff that hasn't really been done before. I would like to see a proper Lunokhod/Luna before seeing a whole lot of rockets. Rovers are becoming much more interesting contract wise, but are SO neglected.

They're neglected for a very good reason, or two very good reasons.

1. Making rover wheels is a pain in the ass, especially on the Unity side. A lot of modders give up (including myself) due to a lack of documentation. Some very kind people have made good and extensive tutorials, but it is still tricky to get things working.

2. KSP wheel physics are so broken, you hardly ever get pleasing results.

If a new wheel system that worked sensibly was introduced stock, I'd jump on Lunokhod! :)

Please, never ever introduce any dependencies.

You can have no worries here, I won't :)

Interesting idea! Here's what I came up with mashing the mods in the other direction. Quite snazzy looking if you ask me.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/49863355631274856/0341358DF28B6063A90679F0E48BFCAAF51F7421/

That is nice!

There was also an ACTS concept of similar nature.

ec446031dc.jpg

Nothing new on Vostok, sadly. I am a little busy.

Edited by Beale

Just out of curiosity, are most of the people posting here from Europe? I don't tend to see anyone else posting at the same time I am (I am in the US). It seems like there is a flurry of activity on here after I go to bed.

I know what you mean; I'm in the western US.

Just out of curiosity, are most of the people posting here from Europe? I don't tend to see anyone else posting at the same time I am (I am in the US). It seems like there is a flurry of activity on here after I go to bed.

It seems to me an equal mix of Europeans and Americans (At least by people who disclose location). There's also been a few people from Hong Kong in the past.

From my time-zone perspective, all the action seems to happen when I'm asleep.

Using HGR, the Fuji orbiter, and the service module from the Apollo D-2, you can make a pretty neat mini-Orion:

http://i.imgur.com/lM8f13a.png

http://i.imgur.com/7ooNJsT.png

That's a pretty interesting combination...

I can't really remember the D2 engine specs, it contained fuel, right?

Nice stuff either way :)

Any news on colour scheme updates?
It's not the problem of this mod, it's the Firespitter plugin not working in .25.

Will hopefully include cream scheme with Vostok update, at least then they can be manually swapped.

They're neglected for a very good reason, or two very good reasons.

1. Making rover wheels is a pain in the ass, especially on the Unity side. A lot of modders give up (including myself) due to a lack of documentation. Some very kind people have made good and extensive tutorials, but it is still tricky to get things working.

2. KSP wheel physics are so broken, you hardly ever get pleasing results.

If a new wheel system that worked sensibly was introduced stock, I'd jump on Lunokhod! :)

How about a Luna-17, at least? I HATE HATE HATE having to build some weird, unrealistic rover lander.

I personally haven't tested if it still works for .25, but have you checked out the Luna-17 by MrTheBull (Space Factory)? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/47765-Space-Factory

It *works* but it's designed for a specific rover (Lunokhod-1 by Bobcat) which doesn't work very well and is not at all modular. The Space Factory Luna-17 doesn't work well with anything else.

That's a pretty interesting combination...

I can't really remember the D2 engine specs, it contained fuel, right?

Nice stuff either way :)

Yep! It had the spherical tanks. I went with the D2 service module for aesthetic purposes.

When you get around to remaking the Fuji, I have but one request: PLEASE don't make it all-grey. It gets very boring to look at in the long run, and it's perfectly possible to be colourful and still stockalike (which is probably why I like your ATV best of the crafts that you've made). Suggestions would include making the pod white or tiled black.