[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

This pack goes positively more awesome.

And... For whatever reason I admire the choice of color for Vostok's service module decoupler. So.

If you still consider making the R-7-based-lifting-rocket-part-kit, the use of plain orange for the main color can be good for keeping unique style while being stockalike, maybe?

Oh goddamn. Stock-sized Vostok parts - that's exactly what I needed. Many thanks.

And small-size inline monoprop engine complete with engine shroud!

Positively awesome.

Even just the side boosters should be enough, may be - with additional four-nozzled engine, to be honest.The shape would not be the same, though, but there are not enough stock sizes for R-7 proportion between payload/third stage and engine.

Edited by nothingSpecial

Beale, I must say it's rally awesome! Totally like it! How is it going with Mir parts? Have you solved the mysterious Science Lab bug?

SnowWhite, you now, this mod isn't supposed to be accurately historical, it's supposed to be kerbalized, thus, allowing some liberty. :)

Hey guys, I apologize is this is a stupid question.

When installing this mod, I am able to see and use the individual parts, and also the craft files of all the modules. I would also like to be able to use the Proton launcher vehicle in order to launch those modules. When I download and install the "launch vehicles" files, and put them in GameData, I am still not able to load up the launchers. Am I doing something wrong in the installation of the launcher vehicle files? Thank you!

This pack goes positively more awesome.

And... For whatever reason I admire the choice of color for Vostok's service module decoupler. So.

If you still consider making the R-7-based-lifting-rocket-part-kit, the use of plain orange for the main color can be good for keeping unique style while being stockalike, maybe?

Oh goddamn. Stock-sized Vostok parts - that's exactly what I needed. Many thanks.

And small-size inline monoprop engine complete with engine shroud!

Positively awesome.

Yep, orange is the new grey!

Well, no, it's not. But I would look to include more colour in an R7 rocket.

Awesome. :cool:

R7 following?

Maybe you can make just the first stage. That should be enough for a stock R7.

Even just the side boosters should be enough, may be - with additional four-nozzled engine, to be honest.The shape would not be the same, though, but there are not enough stock sizes for R-7 proportion between payload/third stage and engine.

I have some.... interesting thoughts, on how that strange diameter size along the upper part of the R7 core stage can be achieved.

Will have to wait and see if it is practical.

Cheers with the release! This thing is really good, but IVA... Not so realistic and historical as it could be.

http://www.artekovetc.ru/vostok1_razr.jpg

Thanks!

The IVA, yes I agree, it is a very "loose" adaptation of the real one. I guess I'll re-visit it in the future when I have a bit more free time :)

Woooooo!!!!!

Vostok!

In a slight twist of history, I present to you:

Vostok-Atlas!

http://imgur.com/a/pfgnB

Wowow! I like this a lot.

The design of the "scrapping the engines" I like a lot. How is that achieved?

Beale, I must say it's rally awesome! Totally like it! How is it going with Mir parts? Have you solved the mysterious Science Lab bug?

SnowWhite, you now, this mod isn't supposed to be accurately historical, it's supposed to be kerbalized, thus, allowing some liberty. :)

Thanks!

The MIR parts, expect soon? Maybe, depends how they turn out :)

The science lab bit I have completely forgotten about... Add it to the bug pile (Which I am now thankfully writing down).

The bit about accuracy is fair to say also. Matching exact interior of Vostok doesn't make much sense when the Kerbal version isn't built around an ejector seat.

Edited by Beale

In my opinion IVA need to look both stock-alike and realistic (Not so realistic as historical mods) Ok, ok, I should not pick on devs. By the way, I love it.:cool:

In my opinion IVA need to look both stock-alike and realistic (Not so realistic as historical mods) Ok, ok, I should not pick on devs. By the way, I love it.:cool:

No need to worry about "picking on the devs" :D !

Feedback is good feedback, I want to hear it :)

The concern about the current IVA being simple is a valid one.

21dd395c74.jpg

Edited by Beale

While talking about IVA - as I seen it this night, I was amused. It's not ideal representation of Vostok, yet it gave a very bold vostoquesque feeling - basically being a little can that is the only goddamn border between you and vast nothingness of space.

And the angle of the kerbal-window camera made me smile.

While talking about IVA - as I seen it this night, I was amused. It's not ideal representation of Vostok, yet it gave a very bold vostoquesque feeling - basically being a little can that is the only goddamn border between you and vast nothingness of space.

Glad you like it :)

Hey guys, I apologize is this is a stupid question.

When installing this mod, I am able to see and use the individual parts, and also the craft files of all the modules. I would also like to be able to use the Proton launcher vehicle in order to launch those modules. When I download and install the "launch vehicles" files, and put them in GameData, I am still not able to load up the launchers. Am I doing something wrong in the installation of the launcher vehicle files? Thank you!

Interesting...

Could I get a screenshot of your GameData folder? :)

Same here! It's surprising how different the IVA feels compared to the Tantares orbital module, given how similar they are on the surface. I think little details like that really bring the whole mod to life. Good job Beale :)

Tantares 11

Version 11 already? Where does the time go...

Thanks to quite a few people who have contributed MM configs, numbers and etcetera to move this release along :)

28/10/2014

• Added Almach, Vostok clone.
  • New IVA for Tantares.
  • Tech-tree changes.
  • Bug fixes and balance.

I hope people will enjoy.

Yay! Damn, I'm working late until the end of the week - but I can't wait to try out at the weekend!

Same here! It's surprising how different the IVA feels compared to the Tantares orbital module, given how similar they are on the surface. I think little details like that really bring the whole mod to life. Good job Beale :)

Very nice to hear, thankyou :)

Yay! Damn, I'm working late until the end of the week - but I can't wait to try out at the weekend!

Hope it doesn't dissapoint!

I guess a new release begs the proverbial question:

What's next?

Well...

MIR Stuff

Expect more parts to allow you build the other MIR modules easier as well as a hub section.

The alternate textures tie into this.

7956b932aa.jpg9c470cd9bc.jpg

TLV

The Soyuz rocket.

Beyond...

Highly variable, but.

I guess maybe the Fuji or D2, I can get into them again (I was working on the Fuji but scrapped as it wasn't turning out well).

ISRO orbital vehicle?

I have ideas all the time.

Again, a fantastic release by Beale ! (I've got write that so that nobody tries to kill me because of what's next :sealed:)

I just noticed that the RemoteTech configs for the new Almach antenna are missing (Almach_Antenna_A), is that intended or it got lost in update ?

Also, I'd like to check something with my fellow TACLS users : aren't the Pol and the CAPELLA a little short of storage capacity to efficiently resupply large space stations with enough snacks and breathing-gas thingies ? (When using Kerbal Construction Time, my launchpad gets hogged by the weekly rocket to launch supplies with the Capella...)

I've thrown around some Module Manager configs based on the volume of the crafts, a sensible guesstimate of the pressurized cargo volume available and some other considerations, and I ended up getting 175 kerbal-days of LS supplies with the Pol, 5520 days of LS supplies with the Capella. Something may be wrong in my numbers, but I'm finally able to have a quasi-realistic launch schedule for resupply missions...

Edited by Eagleshift

"Yuri, did you time travelled again? What is this thing?"

http://cs14111.vk.me/c622227/v622227511/6864/C4p7kzeJtxM.jpg

Hehe!

Now that is funny :D

Again, a fantastic release by Beale ! (I've got write that so that nobody tries to kill me because of what's next :sealed:)

I just noticed that the RemoteTech configs for the new Almach antenna are missing (Almach_Antenna_A), is that intended or it got lost in update ?

Also, I'd like to check something with my fellow TACLS users : aren't the Pol and the CAPELLA a little short of storage capacity to efficiently resupply large space stations with enough snacks and breathing-gas thingies ? (When using Kerbal Construction Time, my launchpad gets hogged by the weekly rocket to launch supplies with the Capella...)

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback.

Antenna - That is a "whoops" you're right. I'll update the DL ASAP with a few fixes (I did notice a test launch wasn't connecting to any of the relays).

About the TAC, I admit I don't use the mod, so I'm not up to scratch with what numbers are good.

So the Pollux (Or OS Cygnus) currently holds...

• Food 6.582
  • Water 4.35
  • Oxygen 666.224

What would you suggest to make them more viable as life support supply vehicles, roughly double the cargo? It gets tricky adding too much as the vehicles get insanely heavy.

Thanks!

a020341921.jpg

Each time I look in here your mod gets better and better :D I really need to start playing KSP again . Just dropped some more +REP for you, since you definetely earned it.

Very nice! Thankyou :blush:

About the TAC, I admit I don't use the mod, so I'm not up to scratch with what numbers are good.

So the Pollux (Or OS Cygnus) currently holds...

• Food 6.582
  • Water 4.35
  • Oxygen 666.224

What would you suggest to make them more viable as life support supply vehicles, roughly double the cargo? It gets tricky adding too much as the vehicles get insanely heavy.

Wow, now that's what I call a fast answer ! :sticktongue:

I'm currently trying to adjust the values so that I get something viable for reasonable resupply missions AND not so heavy that I'd need a fully-fledged Energia launcher to send the Pol to LKO. It's way more complicated than I thought, I'll get back to this post if I manage to do something not too ugly.

And again, it's to fit my needs, it may not be the goal of the pack, and I'm okay with it; it's just that this bothers me, as I can use most of the pack as-is ! (Oh Tantares ! You make my crew transfers so agreable that even rapid unplanned disassembly wouldn't darken my mind :3)