[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Thank you, cool craft files.

Also need to add:

Antares with Cygnus

Ariane with ATV

Gemini

The latest version I have installed (29.1 for 1.0.4) doesn't have the Gemini and a number of other parts. The previous version I had in 1.0.2 had those. I may be behind the curve but are they gone from the latest version altogether or, if I install the older versions and then overlay the newer versions, will I have those parts as well?

The latest version I have installed (29.1 for 1.0.4) doesn't have the Gemini and a number of other parts. The previous version I had in 1.0.2 had those. I may be behind the curve but are they gone from the latest version altogether or, if I install the older versions and then overlay the newer versions, will I have those parts as well?

Ummm.....the newest version DOES have Gemini, ATV, ect. Try a fresh install? Beale even added in a Big-G.

Hello! Sorry I have not had much time recently.

The Soyuz rocket is still being worked on.

New fairing textures.

b44f879350.jpg

Unfortunately the fairing cylinder is offset rotation by 7.5 degree, which looks horrible - and I'm not sure this is able to be changed!

Dear Beale,

I found probably a BIG issue on your releases (both Tantares v.29.1 and TantaresLV v.13):

ALL (or almost, as I checked) your engines are MISSING the thermal definitions they need to NOT be sort of "thermal time bombs" for ALL the crafts using them.

I noticed doing a "Gemini"-alike mission: when I staged from the rocket's 2nd stage (mostly, if not totally) build with stock parts, as soon the Spica engine started to burn, all the other parts had a BIG thermal spike.

Good find!

I've applied the fix to the engines :)

Cheers!

Nice! Once again I gotta say: looks way better than stock! :D

Now for the love of sanity please' date=' PLEASE! Pretty please, add THREE. Yes! Three! Three RPM monitors (bare minimum) or else I'm gonna headdesk real hard and probably break my skull while at it.

I swear If it only comes with one or two RPM monitors only, ugh. It's just not gonna be an alternative cockpit to the stock's Mk1's for me. All this shortage of RPM screens in your mod is really driving me bananas, it's not even funny! :mad:

Sorry for the rant but this has been bothering me for far too long and I'm at a breaking point over this. I wanna use YOUR cockpits over stock's but it's the lack of RPM screens that bug me to no end. I'm a builder of Sci-Fi ships and a proper starship HAS to HAVE multiple RPM monitors for the Pilot's comfort of piloting his ship! Being in a starship and only having just one or two Monitors to look at is a death sentence in deep space! Especially when you are the only one piloting the ship!

Again I'm terribly sorry for this rant but I really needed to get this off my chest. :([/quote']

I think MFDs work better in some IVAs than others. For example the Soyuz and LK I can deal fine with having a few - but for me the Gemini? Not so much (though I do use them).

There is also lack of space in IVA, meaning to choose between a single big MFD or multiple small MFDs - I will go for big everytime for the sake of my eyesight :wink:

Still, I appreciate the need in some internals for the screens.

While waiting with bated breath for the Beale X-1 to make her debut, I decided to try my hand at a Chelomei-style lunniy korabl craft. I give you the Cýõöøýúð ("Snowflake", thanks to the patterns that appear on the outrigger tanks).

http://i.imgur.com/TBPezry.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/efmQofp.png?1

Now to see if she actually lands as softly as her namesake...

That's amazing! So cute!

Hey all. To quickly respond:

Yes, .craft files are currently broken, so I took them down to avoid confusion. The next version is fairly time consuming. It contains "Vanilla" craft files that are simple, low-part count, and are but as they were meant to be built. The full version contains the detailed replicas I normally like doing. This will include one or two dependencies most people here will already have.

Bell X-1 is amazing. Just what I wanted to replace the Mk1 cockpit. :)

I'm taking a full load this semester, so I may be scarce here.

I'm very much in support of a TantaresLight. Even if it breaks crafts, the Tantares parts catalog could use some culling down perhaps.

Kliper (when it's done) might be a good candidate to migrate over to Taerobee Space Technologies.

Cheers all. :)

Take your time :)

Kliper... is cancelled. Sorry.

Too many issue with trying to produce a single part flying craft. I may re-visit it in the future with a totally different approach.

Edited by Beale

Nooo, Kliper! Oh well. I never used it anyway.

Nice new fairing bases.

What's the word on more upper stages? Those are cool.

I personally want more U.S. style parts. Wonder why.......:sticktongue:

(At least a 2.5m Titan-II engine to go with the Gemini capsule)

On another note......can you at least release the alpha version of Kliper? I remember you posting it in the past, but I cannot find it anymore.

Ummm.....the newest version DOES have Gemini, ATV, ect. Try a fresh install? Beale even added in a Big-G.

And. . . .there it is. The issue wasn't the version. I was also running the Soviet Career Conversion mod. That apparently limited a number of parts, even when not in career mode. Of course, in my haste to clear that out I accidentally got rid of some things I didn't want to delete, like the Mir-2 station I was working on. But, hey. Now I have ALL THE PARTS. I think I'm sending Gemini to the Mun with Project Pilgrim.

What kind of a spaceship NLV?

And. . . .there it is. The issue wasn't the version. I was also running the Soviet Career Conversion mod. That apparently limited a number of parts, even when not in career mode. Of course, in my haste to clear that out I accidentally got rid of some things I didn't want to delete, like the Mir-2 station I was working on. But, hey. Now I have ALL THE PARTS. I think I'm sending Gemini to the Mun with Project Pilgrim.

Cool, waiting:

Antares with Cygnus

Ariane with ATV

Fuji

Gemini

ISS Nauka, Pirs & Poisk, Rassvet, Zarya, Zvezda

Venera 9

and Sputnik 1.

Or, please give a link to the working craft files with these crafts for tantares 29.1 and tantares lv 13.

Edited by Wuwuk

What kind of a spaceship NLV?

Cool, waiting:

Antares with Cygnus

Ariane with ATV

Fuji

Gemini

ISS Nauka, Pirs & Poisk, Rassvet, Zarya, Zvezda

Venera 9

and Sputnik 1.

Or, please give a link to the working craft files with these crafts for tantares 29.1 and tantares lv 13.

I don't have older versions for my craft files unfortunately. I won't be releasing any updates either until the TLV and ATV parts are released and development plateaus a bit. Don't want things getting broken right after I release an update. Like Quarky said, you'd be best of making these on your own. I've got plenty of references if you need them. PM me. :)

Eh, Kliper, we hardly knew ye. No worries. Never spent enough time with it to get attached.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Too many issue with trying to produce a single part flying craft. I may re-visit it in the future with a totally different approach.

If you're going to scrap the current Kliper, is there a chance we could get our hands on the source files? I'm close to getting it working, but there's a few small issues with the flaps that I can't solve in the config alone.

(I could see the Kliper working much better with the wings separate parts, though this would bloat the part list a little.)

If you're going to scrap the current Kliper, is there a chance we could get our hands on the source files? I'm close to getting it working, but there's a few small issues with the flaps that I can't solve in the config alone.

(I could see the Kliper working much better with the wings separate parts, though this would bloat the part list a little.)

Sure, here they are.

No licences, etc - do with these files what you will.

Does anyone remember the munar orbit station I started a month or two ago? Well I found out yesterday that I still had it, so I finally sent up the first crew.

PeGC0Q3.png

BTK-3 launches on a Zenit rocket for the Salyut M-1 station. Bill, Bob, and Valentina are all squeezed inside the Command Module for a two day trip.

edTXFGD.png

One relatively uneventful launch later, BTK and the Zenit upper stage are in parking orbit, preparing to perform TMI. Later missions will use a more powerful upper stage to save maneuvering fuel in the spacecraft.

bvpNewa.png

Here, have a free desktop background!

DVVQ92S.png

And another.

OBn0Qc7.png

BTK in munar orbit, just before beginning the rendezvous with the station.

2RWBOQM.png

Thanks to all the docking lights I put on the station, a night docking was possible. Also, I did the the whole thing with MechJeb... Please don't hurt me.

WWF1UO0.png

Here's the station's current layout: Core Module on left, Cargo Logistics Module in the middle, and BTK-3 docked on the right. The next move is to get another docking adapter up here so more APAS equipped spacecraft can dock with the station, and then get the Solar Truss installed.

You can try building them yourself instead of demanding it from others...

Sure, I can try to make them myself.

I would really help if I knew what part of what belongs to.

Some parts I can identify, for example: Proton or Soyuz and N1,

with other parts its not so easy :) .

Names and descriptions some of the parts, are far from original names.

For example, to build Antares from parts of Ariane-V is not quite correct :D .

I barely guessed that NLV is Black Arrow.

Until now, I was not able to correct assembly Black Arrow :(.

Edited by Wuwuk

Sure, I can try to make them myself.

I would really help if I knew what part of what belongs to.

Some parts I can identify, for example: Proton or Soyuz and N1,

with other parts its not so easy :) .

Names and descriptions some of the parts, are far from original names.

For example, to build Antares from parts of Ariane-V is not quite correct :D .

I barely guessed that NLV is Black Arrow.

Until now, I was not able to correct assembly Black Arrow :(.

It doesn't matter what parts go to what! That's the joy of this pack. If it looks nice, go with it! :P

Aw... Bye-bye, little lawn dart. You were fun.

I think MFDs work better in some IVAs than others. For example the Soyuz and LK I can deal fine with having a few - but for me the Gemini? Not so much (though I do use them).

There is also lack of space in IVA, meaning to choose between a single big MFD or multiple small MFDs - I will go for big everytime for the sake of my eyesight :wink:

Still, I appreciate the need in some internals for the screens.

All I really need nowadays from a command pod is plenty of MFDs at my disposal like the command room in Toy Box in Planetes. A pod I can incorporate with any design. So in short.. somebody give a me a can with a door that has an IVA with 4-6 RPM screens to operate whatever it's controlling from inside with no windows comfortably. :D

Does anyone remember the munar orbit station I started a month or two ago? Well I found out yesterday that I still had it, so I finally sent up the first crew.

http://i.imgur.com/PeGC0Q3.png

BTK-3 launches on a Zenit rocket for the Salyut M-1 station. Bill, Bob, and Valentina are all squeezed inside the Command Module for a two day trip.

http://i.imgur.com/edTXFGD.png

One relatively uneventful launch later, BTK and the Zenit upper stage are in parking orbit, preparing to perform TMI. Later missions will use a more powerful upper stage to save maneuvering fuel in the spacecraft.

http://i.imgur.com/bvpNewa.png

Here, have a free desktop background!

http://i.imgur.com/DVVQ92S.png

And another.

http://i.imgur.com/OBn0Qc7.png

BTK in munar orbit, just before beginning the rendezvous with the station.

http://i.imgur.com/2RWBOQM.png

Thanks to all the docking lights I put on the station, a night docking was possible. Also, I did the the whole thing with MechJeb... Please don't hurt me.

http://i.imgur.com/WWF1UO0.png

Here's the station's current layout: Core Module on left, Cargo Logistics Module in the middle, and BTK-3 docked on the right. The next move is to get another docking adapter up here so more APAS equipped spacecraft can dock with the station, and then get the Solar Truss installed.

Very pretty!

Two new parts, both are like an increase version of stock parts.

Verniers.

c47e390bea.jpg

d1f3b970a7.jpg

Decoupler

86f2879d30.jpg

152b6677a3.jpg

Edited by Beale

What about this?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/ISRO_orbital_vehicle.jpg

its the planned ISRO Spacecraft (indian Manned Space Programme)

found this on the internet and thought maybe its fun :3

This is a really interesting one for me. It's like a Gemini, or early Soyuz, but in the 21st Century, if I read about it right?

Low mass (3 or 4 tons), no docking mechanism (Very shaky info on whether it has one or not) and only limited maneuvering capabilities.

I.E. more of a proof of human flight capabilities rather than your go to Moon-Orbiter / LEO craft. A way for India to develop its technologies.

Looking nice!

Many thanks!

Edited by Beale