[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

11 hours ago, Pepo said:
11 hours ago, Pepo said:

Yes sir, that seems to have resolved things!

Yes sir, that seems to have resolved things!

Bummer, diden work for me, just checked

http://prntscr.com/9i1gwc

still have that issue with my survey doesn't show, and my map freaks out with the replacement dll inside the remotetech/plugins and the .cs :/

I guess there is nothing more for me to do then wait for a fix.

Thanks, have a nice xmas

Putting source file there to fix any problem just sounds witchery to me...

Bugged map view - no idea. It sounds like not related to my couple lines of code at all - i.e. somewhere else irrelevant, maybe mod compatibility or some magic compiler flag or anything. But I don't know where on top of my head. I don't have that problem for sure (otherwise I would have already debugged it). Having a ksp.log might help - might. But really I don't want to spend too much time on the hacky approach (already wasted a whole night when I did the previous hack) unless it justifies itself (either worth doing it or turns out to be a quick fix).

Uhh. I have just installed this, and my communications satellite appears to be controllable, even though it has no connection to the KSC. It is made up of Squiggsey Space Research Microsatellite parts, USI sounding rockets parts, and, in terms of antennas, it has one Communotron 88-88 and four Communotron 16s, all active. It's in a 1001km x 999km orbit. Am I doing something wrong?

It appears not to have any signal delay, and is saying 'Local control' when it's 1000km in space.

Edited by NotAgain
Updating things

2 hours ago, NotAgain said:

Uhh. I have just installed this, and my communications satellite appears to be controllable, even though it has no connection to the KSC. It is made up of Squiggsey Space Research Microsatellite parts, USI sounding rockets parts, and, in terms of antennas, it has one Communotron 88-88 and four Communotron 16s, all active. It's in a 1001km x 999km orbit. Am I doing something wrong?

It appears not to have any signal delay, and is saying 'Local control' when it's 1000km in space.

Do you have Module Manager installed?

Hey guys 

I just installed remote tech and I am having some trouble with the navball and clock, it seems like they refuse to load up their values, I can't see my speed or my mission time. Just to note I do have many other mods installed but I know that it is remote tech causing the issue since everything went back to normal when I removed it from my KSP folder, has anyone else had this issue and maybe has a solution to it. 

Thanks

52 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

He's probably playing with multiple antenna multiplier enabled

Ahhhh... Thanx... I forgot about that... I've tried the different RangeModelType's a little bit, but havent gotten as far as MAM.... Though I probably SHOULD, since I've been tweaking down the Blackleg omnis, since 15Mm seems high for such tiny little antennas... I could see using MAM to combine 2 or 3 of them, if needed, since I have them tweaked down to 7.5Mm...

On 12/22/2015 at 6:00 AM, SQUAD said:

<snip>

Bob (RoverDude) has been finalizing the telemetry interface for the relay system. Specifically this has meant he’s tackled the task of making the game draw lines in the map view to show lines of communication used to control craft. It’s a fine balance between information and keeping the screen from becoming a huge spider web like appearance.

does this mean 1.1 will include some kind of RemoteTech-alike stock comms system?

On December 27, 2015 at 7:02 AM, anthonyca30 said:

...it is the modulemanager dll file that is bad. When I use another one from a different mod it works.

What module manager are you using? I just tried replacing the one that I had with a fresh install of ModuleManager 2.6.13 , and no-go: science is still sitting there in the lab, even though power is consumed and transmission percentages increase until 100% is reached… no science transferred. Which version did you find that works (for you), and where did it come from?

13 hours ago, brdavis said:

What module manager are you using? I just tried replacing the one that I had with a fresh install of ModuleManager 2.6.13 , and no-go: science is still sitting there in the lab, even though power is consumed and transmission percentages increase until 100% is reached… no science transferred. Which version did you find that works (for you), and where did it come from?

I used the one from rasterpropmonitor zip for the modulemanager 2.6.13.

8 hours ago, Unikraken said:

Are there any mods that add more dishes/antenna that works with RemoteTech?

I think FASA antennas are compatible (with EC usage + range settings).  The Tantares/CONTARES antennas don't (I think) have RT settings.  Or maybe I'm getting those two backwards, or they don't all have settings.

There's this one that has excellent antennas (though the circular antenna, at least, seems overpowered...I usually tweak the range down to 7.5-8.5Mm):

And this one:

Also, AEIS has a BUNCH of excellent antennas...Animated, even...

I think Lack's SXT has aome antennas IIRC?

This one, too...(Though its for 1.0.4, so I dont know if it worx 100% for 1.0.5):

Origame Foldable Antenna Array

There are more, but thats all I can think of off the top of my head...

Edited by Stone Blue

AIES is compatible with RemoteTech? I didn't see it mentioned on the page, but there is a webfilter here that screws up page layouts so readability is diminished.

Edited by Unikraken
spelling

On 17/12/2015 at 9:13 PM, alexzzzz said:

Great! It fixed the bug that was blocking my Mobile Processing Lab from transmitting science.

Yep,

The dll fix worked great here as well, thanks a lot.

Too bad it doesn't work for everyone though.

Edited by Athlonic

I was thinking about a good new function to display in the mapview: a circle around your current craft to show the antennarange of the active antenna, you already have it with dishes, but what about omnidirectional ones?

On 12/30/2015 at 0:13 PM, Unikraken said:

AIES is compatible with RemoteTech? I didn't see it mentioned on the page, but there is a webfilter here that screws up page layouts so readability is diminished.

@Unikraken Supposedly AEIS does have built-in RT support, but someone was nice enough to create & bundle an AEIS patch in the RemoteTech download itself... Now, if THAT .cfg is up to date with the latest AEIS (v1.6.1), I do not know...

35 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

I was thinking about a good new function to display in the mapview: a circle around your current craft to show the antennarange of the active antenna, you already have it with dishes, but what about omnidirectional ones?

I would sure hope that function would be togglable...Mapview gets cluttered enough...

Also, I guess I dont even understand WHY dish cones are shown... Its not like they have to be physically pointed, so I dont get why there is a need to display cones...?? .. Is it just to show the (supposed) general direction of what they are (supposedly) pointed at, only when ACTIVELY targeting something?... Or do they display ALL the time?... ????