The official unoffical "help a fellow plugin developer" thread

Ya gonna have to all get used to this real soon:

How do I UV unwrap in Blender? I go into edit mode, mesh, UV something, then UV unwrap, on one of my engine models it says in the top of the screen something about scale or something and doesn't do anything, on the other it does nothing but doesn't display an error.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Textures/Mapping/UV/Unwrapping

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/6755/how-to-properly-unwrap-my-mesh

FFFFFFFFFFudge!

I've managed to UV unwrap, done the textures in Paint.net, and NOW I have another annoying problem! How in sam hill do I apply the stupid texture to it?! This tutorial says 'add material' looked it up on Blender wiki, and the steps don't friggin' work!!! I'm pressing F5, and theres no shading thing that lets me add material!!! I'm on the verge of quitting this flippin' dumb modding rubbish. Somebody help me, I'm throwing a little hissy-fit right now.

FFFFFFFFFFudge!

I've managed to UV unwrap, done the textures in Paint.net, and NOW I have another annoying problem! How in sam hill do I apply the stupid texture to it?! This tutorial says 'add material' looked it up on Blender wiki, and the steps don't friggin' work!!! I'm pressing F5, and theres no shading thing that lets me add material!!! I'm on the verge of quitting this flippin' dumb modding rubbish. Somebody help me, I'm throwing a little hissy-fit right now.

A) you'd be better asking this in the modeling Sub forum.

B) I think you'd need to apply the texture to the model in unity not blender

Is there a way to add 2 meshs together in a .cfg file, or to turn a sub assembly into a part?

if you want to take 2 meshes into a config file you should look at the ubioweld mod. what it does is take the models from each part and adding a MODEL{} node for each model they have so 2 fuel tanks means your final part has 2 MODEL{} nodes specifying the location of the mesh(actual file location) the position of it relative to the CoM, the rotation of it and also the scale.

I'm not having much luck getting Ubiozur up and running, all I get is a button in the VAB that does nothing........ Is there a way to manually merge to parts in the .cfg file or turn a .craft into a .cfg

A.) A craft file is already a config file.(just for pedantry sake)

B.) Depends on what you want to do i might have the code for it in my current project. please contact me on a PM and we'll talk further details

Could someone help me here? I've upgraded to Windows 10 (why not? I never play solitaire.) and now I cant open .cfg files, I click them and nothing happens, I try doing 'open with' and nothing happens, help?

Strange, shouldn't be much different from earlier windows versions. I have win10 too, and I can change default apps just as simply as before: right click the file, go to Properties, go to the Change button next to "Opens with:...", a dialog should pop up that lists apps, you may have to click "More apps", select Notepad and click OK.

No, there is no way to reload the current vessel in the editor currently.

Technically, you could do it yourself by writing all the steps in your own mod. At the very least you would have to convert the vessel in flight back into a ShipConstruct that the editor could read and would also have to handle resources, otherwise everything will reset to default when you do.

As for reloading the module that is certainly possible, the simplest way is to put the code in the partModule OnStart() method, I think that runs every time the part gets created, such as when it is attached to the vessel. Note that a part is destroyed when you remove it from the vessel so that would run every time the part is attached.

You could also look at the OnPartAttach GameEvent. Stick a Debug.Log("Part Attach Code Triggered!"); in as a placeholder to test to see if either will work for your purposes.

D.

No, there is no way to reload the current vessel in the editor currently.

Technically, you could do it yourself by writing all the steps in your own mod. At the very least you would have to convert the vessel in flight back into a ShipConstruct that the editor could read and would also have to handle resources, otherwise everything will reset to default when you do.

As for reloading the module that is certainly possible, the simplest way is to put the code in the partModule OnStart() method, I think that runs every time the part gets created, such as when it is attached to the vessel. Note that a part is destroyed when you remove it from the vessel so that would run every time the part is attached.

You could also look at the OnPartAttach GameEvent. Stick a Debug.Log("Part Attach Code Triggered!"); in as a placeholder to test to see if either will work for your purposes.

D.

Thanks.

Questions about particle effects: currently TweakScale seems not to scale engine exhaust (at least the particles seem to spawn in the right spot). What would I need to do for a believable scaling? So far I tried some random methods in with part.particleSystem / part.particleEmitter but that was pure guesswork that didn't lead anywhere.

For a simple solution I would probably need something like

* scale particle size

* scale particle speed by the same factor

Absolute plugin/programming noob here, wondering if someone could help me a bit with modifying the "Asteroid Day" mod to have the telescope detect easily configurable asteroid belts (like in the now-defunct "Custom Asteroids" mod when in the SOI of a body

for example, putting a telescope into jool orbit would let you track a ring of asteroids that have similar orbital characteristic to Pol.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to revive TTNeverUnload so I can have a fleet of comm sats that will automatically adjust themselves if they drift too far away from each other. Does anyone know how the Vessel.Load() and Vessel.Unload() functions work? IE if I call Vessel.Load() will it now be permaloaded until I call Vessel.Unload()? Or will it even do anything from a plugin?