When was the last time you were in the hospital

Pawelk198604

Maybe not quite fit into this section, but in spite of all I would like to put it here. soon you'll find out why :)

I recently was in the hospital, it was nothing serious, just testing to local anesthetics,

Unfortunately, my companions in a hospital room, were two old men, bringing the total to impossible to get through, but one of them horribly cursed spinning every night, and listened to the radio loud, even at night, I had my radio built into the phone and I was using headphones.

But luckily this guy moved to another room, instead they gave Professor Emeritus of quantum physics, so no use profanity, you could talk intelligently with him, basically it was a monologue of his hand, the professor talked about the universe and philosophy. In fact, it's very nice to listen to, and the professor probably also be glad that someone was listening.

He recommended me his book, I borrowed it from the library today. The online database of our Polish Ministry of Science, I read that the professor was a visiting professor at many universities in the Soviet Union / Russia, the United States, Britain and many other countries, has also been awarded the leading Polish civilian honors. So you could say that I had the opportunity to meet celebrity, but not celebrity TV :D

You could also say that the hospital does not have to be boring after all :)

Edited by Pawelk198604

I am lucky that i never had to stay in the hospital. I would die of boredom since i dont like watching TV and i cant read all day. I would need my PC but i doubt that i can place it in a small hospitalroom, especialy without a monitor mount over the bed.

How modest of him!

Perhaps, but for his age 88 years old, it was quite communicative, a lot of people in this age group suffer from dementia or Alzheimer's.

I was pleasant to listen, the book is also good, a full analysis of the history of physics

( English translation of title: "Understanding of the World: from the history of philosophy and physics," This textbook for students of Physics Wroclaw University of Technology Publishing House

As much historical part of this book from antiquity to modern times, I can understand so much mathematical part written in mathematical formulas i cannot understand:(

Guest Fyre Flare

I was 5.... I hit my chin on a can... With a cactus in It..... I broke the can... I still have the bump It left me...

When I was 11 for a shattered wrist. One of the bones in my lower arm overlapped the other and needed resetting. They gave me a kids paracetamol when I went in and nothing else for the next 6 hours waiting to be tended to. I got toast and it doesn't click like the other, so that was nice.

One time my brother ran into my room, and screamed "I THROW CARD LIKE NINJA" in a very stereotypical asian accent, and proceeded to throw a credit card into my eye, he ended up scratching my cornea, and few hours later we visited the hospital...

One time my brother ran into my room, and screamed "I THROW CARD LIKE NINJA" in a very stereotypical asian accent, and proceeded to throw a credit card into my eye, he ended up scratching my cornea, and few hours later we visited the hospital...

My condolences.

I hope you eye is ok now.

I also spent a cut the cornea, made ​​it a plastic toy cannon.

Similar to this one

dsc_0617_4.jpg

Cannon was fitted with a pump in the back, which was used to "fire" from the cannon.

The barrel consisted of two plastic halves, place them join was a little sharp

I was then 5 years old.

I started to spin the cannon holding the pump when it was turning cannon, place sharp juncture of the barrel hurt my eye.

I did not lose an eye, my dad quickly drove me to the ER, but my parents were very frightene

I actually just got out of hospital 2 weeks ago. I have pectus excavatum and had to go into surgery to have 2 titanium bars placed in my chest. The operaition is known as the nuss procedure, but it's also known as one of the most painful. thank god for morphine

I actually just got out of hospital 2 weeks ago. I have pectus excavatum and had to go into surgery to have 2 titanium bars placed in my chest. The operaition is known as the nuss procedure, but it's also known as one of the most painful. thank god for morphine

So I wish you a speedy recovery :D

As for morphine, five years ago I had a nasty knee injury, hurt as hell. When the paramedic arrived with the ambulance service, offered me a shot of morphine, but refused I wanted to be fully aware of as they will take me to the hospital, then regretted it because I could not feel the damn pain, and could experience an altered state of consciousness :D

Edited by Pawelk198604

About three years ago. My first and only hospital visit, cause I was also born at home.

I did this. You never realize how important the bicep is until it detaches. I could still lift things all I wanted, but try to turn a door knob? Flippin' impossible!

64305_1910633582817_1194917755_n.jpg

Birth,

adenoids at 3,

unexplainable belly pain (never explained but vanished anyway) at 4,

planned nose job (not that kind) at 19 - because the dumb army doctoress was unable to tell hayfever from a nasal concha outgrowth - never came to it because I accidentally took aspirin the week before the operation and did not get a new appointment during my time of service and our family doctor then correctly treated me for the pollen allergy I had!

I got (ambulatory) removed all four wisdem teeth and later one molar, as well as a colonoscopy.

Other than that only some visits after the birth of a new family member or to my father after some of his stunts. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.