Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

Oops, My fault. It appears that a content filter was blocking the button. I've whitelisted KerbalStuff. I'd apologize for blocking your ads, but you don't have any. :)

Thanks for all you do!

Details pleeze?... Seems I have the same issue...There must have been an update to one (or more) of the blockers I'm using, cuz it USED to work for me a couple months ago...

And SirCmpwn, i wish I wasnt FLAT broke right now, cuz I'd throw you enough for at least a 6 pack of your choice...lol

There's no means for making one-time donations, nor am I in need of any donations. Don't worry about it, I just noticed that someone saw fit to send me 10 cents a week (woo) to an account I use to donate to others, and so gratipay is on the front of my mind.

Emails I send to [email protected] bounce with the following error:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain kerbalstuff.com byeforward1.registrar-servers.com. [38.101.213.200].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 relay not permitted!

Emails I send to [email protected] bounce with the following error:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what's going on here.

Update: fixed. I put Kerbal Stuff behind CloudFlare and it screwed up the MX records, so I just pointed it at mail.cmpwn.com and it works fine now.

Edited by SirCmpwn

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what's going on here.

Update: fixed. I put Kerbal Stuff behind CloudFlare and it screwed up the MX records, so I just pointed it at mail.cmpwn.com and it works fine now.

You have your own mail server? That's cool. Not hard to set up either, I guess.

Will Kerbal Stuff be adding tags for KSP 1.0.1 and KSP 1.0.2? I'm holding off posting some of my updated mods there until it is, because there's limited control of releases once they are on Kerbal Stuff (can't change the KSP version without deleting and re-uploading the release, which is a pain).

...because there's limited control of releases once they are on Kerbal Stuff (can't change the KSP version without deleting and re-uploading the release, which is a pain).

If I'm thinking on this correctly, I LIKE that feature...As I have noticed recently, lots of mods that have been updated (not just on KerbalStuff), the mod owner has gone in, and just changed the game version number on the old release...This can be confusing for people who keep track of dates as well as version numbers for mod releases...Seems like it could also cause issues with any automated mod version installers/checkers, that also look at dates to tell whther a mod has a new release or not... ???

Will Kerbal Stuff be adding tags for KSP 1.0.1 and KSP 1.0.2? I'm holding off posting some of my updated mods there until it is, because there's limited control of releases once they are on Kerbal Stuff (can't change the KSP version without deleting and re-uploading the release, which is a pain).

Yeah, I know what you mean. I decided not to hold back my releases for people who might want to play this weekend, so I went ahead and uploaded my mod updates... on 6 different mods. But it means that they're incorrectly labelled as working with 1.0, which in fact the changes are only balanced against 1.0.1 or later.

So here's a random one... I'm building a mod which only targets the latest build of Realism Overhaul. As in, seriously, no stock compatibility, current or planned. How should that be tagged?

When I look at the stats on Kerbal Stuff for my mods I see a huge amounts of downloads for the oldest version. This is happening for all my mods. Some other mods, are showing the same thing in their stats.

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice it but couldn't find an explanation anywhere.

EDIT Found the answer (in this very thread):

My understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) is that you're seeing two different things here:

Some mods (mine included) have unrealistically inflated download numbers, because HTTP range requests (such as resuming an incomplete download) will each count as a full download. There have been some days where restarted downloads numbered in the thousands for some reason, showing a huge spike in apparent downloads.

The other one, with older versions showing lots of downloads, I think is CKAN's polling, which for some reason gets counted as downloads more for some versions than for others, also creating phantom download numbers.

That is, if I understood correctly the answers I got to the same questions. :)

Edited by PrivateFlip

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that those versions had been released. Someone else usually handles adding the new versions to Kerbal Stuff for me. I've added those two now.

- - - Updated - - -

So here's a random one... I'm building a mod which only targets the latest build of Realism Overhaul. As in, seriously, no stock compatibility, current or planned. How should that be tagged?

I guess tag it as whatever you want and then elaborate in the mod description or in the changelog.

I've re-enabled email notifications, and fixed the problem that prevented them from sending for mods with a large number of followers.

I also added a hugely requested feature: the ability to search by game version. Or rather, I've extended search overall with a special syntax.

tuchyu.png

Enjoy the new features, and call your mother!

I've re-enabled email notifications, and fixed the problem that prevented them from sending for mods with a large number of followers.

I also added a hugely requested feature: the ability to search by game version. Or rather, I've extended search overall with a special syntax.

http://a.pomf.se/tuchyu.png

Enjoy the new features, and call your mother!

Awesome! I love it. BTW, it looks like the username search is case sensitive (FYI to anyone who wants to search for by author).