Paper Space Program 1.8 (KSP Rocket Parts papercraft)

arc5555

It looks like sketchup just doesn't want to read these 3ds files properly , because they work in pepakura designer :confused: I think you should try to use other software , maybe 3ds max or Blender (for me the files opened only in 3ds max) :(

Arc5555, can you help with a small problem? The texture and mesh numbers do not correspond. Texture 0070 is the B9 cockpit which i need, but mesh 0070 is part of the VAB, or the runway. All the parts seem to be like this, and it will take days if not a couple weeks to run through them all with my work schedule. Did this happen, and do you have any advice?

Arc5555, can you help with a small problem? The texture and mesh numbers do not correspond. Texture 0070 is the B9 cockpit which i need, but mesh 0070 is part of the VAB, or the runway. All the parts seem to be like this, and it will take days if not a couple weeks to run through them all with my work schedule. Did this happen, and do you have any advice?

I hate when this happens :( Just try to import a group of 10 - 20 objects at once and go on , i think that's the only way :confused:

• 1 month later...

arc555

can I ask you do me a HUGE favor?

I'd like to turn this into a printable and foldable craft. I just don't have the time to do it, but I'd love to provide fans of this craft with something they can print and fold themselves!

F2Shi35.png

Craft File: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108219-STS-1-Space-Shuttle-%28NASA-Replica-Easy-to-Load-Fly%29-Launch-Full-O-Y-Tanks-to-Orbit-CRAFT-UP!

Would you like to help? If so, I'd make you a starring cameo in my next STS video.

arc555

can I ask you do me a HUGE favor?

I'd like to turn this into a printable and foldable craft. I just don't have the time to do it, but I'd love to provide fans of this craft with something they can print and fold themselves!

http://i.imgur.com/F2Shi35.png

Craft File: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108219-STS-1-Space-Shuttle-%28NASA-Replica-Easy-to-Load-Fly%29-Launch-Full-O-Y-Tanks-to-Orbit-CRAFT-UP!

Would you like to help? If so, I'd make you a starring cameo in my next STS video.

If it's all-stock then everyone can craft it out of the parts i've released :) If you'd like so , i can make an archive with all the parts needed :D

Great design BTW

Edited by arc5555

Holy .... that shuttle is huge! Aint nobody got time fo dat. It does look pretty sweet, although the wings would likely need a custom pattern. No such thing a one thing clipping through another in real life. :/

But you can always cut the part you've done so it would fit with the others :)

Someone with a lot of free time should make models and sell them. Accounting for the ink and paper is a given in the cost, just like the material in a 3D printer. But unlike a 3D Printer, most of the cost would be for the person painstakingly assembling the models, which is probably a lot more tedious than editing the model before printing it.

The best part is that larger models would be less expensive, because it's easier to assemble big things of paper.

Someone with a lot of free time should make models and sell them. Accounting for the ink and paper is a given in the cost, just like the material in a 3D printer. But unlike a 3D Printer, most of the cost would be for the person painstakingly assembling the models, which is probably a lot more tedious than editing the model before printing it.

The best part is that larger models would be less expensive, because it's easier to assemble big things of paper.

Well depends on how that person values their free time. Judging by the forum post times and my memory I needed about 2 days to build that sensor array and that was like 10 hours every day while watching videos. So about 20 hours and multiply it by the usa minimim wage (since most of you are from there I figure) which is 7.25$ .... gives me about 145$, and larger models normally take a lot longer to make. Besides the best choice is and always has been for papercrafters selling printed patterns for assembling since thats mostly the whole point of a paper model.

Plus I don't know who'd buy this stuff anyway when you can have perfectly made, more detailed and professional 3D printed models.

Help! I need somebody. I've never done papercraft before, and I'm confused! Am I supposed to use normal printer paper, or something thicker? How do I assemble the parts? Sorry for being clueless, but this is my first time. Any help would be appreciated. (I want to do the KSOS parts, but... that's way too far out right now. Should I start with the Mk1 pod?)

Also, Arc, you mentioned it, but are you going to add Tantares parts? And what about MRS or the Stock Launcher Overhaul. Just the tanks, mainly. I don't like the look of the stock tanks; they don't match very well with the post 0.23.5 parts, which are much more realistic. And in one final suggestion, there's SDHI's Orion-like parts.

Help! I need somebody. I've never done papercraft before, and I'm confused! Am I supposed to use normal printer paper, or something thicker? How do I assemble the parts? Sorry for being clueless, but this is my first time. Any help would be appreciated. (I want to do the KSOS parts, but... that's way too far out right now. Should I start with the Mk1 pod?)

Also, Arc, you mentioned it, but are you going to add Tantares parts? And what about MRS or the Stock Launcher Overhaul. Just the tanks, mainly. I don't like the look of the stock tanks; they don't match very well with the post 0.23.5 parts, which are much more realistic. And in one final suggestion, there's SDHI's Orion-like parts.

1) You'd better use ~120 g/cm^2 paper

2) Well , i've started unfolding the Tentares parts long time ago , but never finished them cause of lack of time to do so :( Hopefully i'll have a lot of free time in summer , and maybe other guys will unfold some of the mod parts :)

You could use this instead to get large craft files together.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111483-KSPBlender-Blender-Addon-for-importing-craft-files

Then you could use another app like pepakura http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/ to unwrap the model.

I think i should try using the KSPBlender when they'll add the Tantares' or any other interesting and kinda simple parts ; btw , i do use pepakura

How does one fold these pieces together? They look like they have such small and fragile details

Well , you kind of fold most of the pieces naturally , makng a curvy shape . However , with some really little parts you might use a knife to fold them easier :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.