502 Error Ocurrance List

Javster

Yes, I'd say reporting 502 errors between now and the release of 0.24 is not very helpful to us. We know the cause of the errors, and it happens to be that a lot of people are using these forums at the same time is what's causing it. I expect no dip in that statistic until after the release :)

I laugh at that forum Kraken! I've seen it's kind before. It was a gruesome battle, we were a match for each other. Then he pulled me offline for some time, I can't even remember how long... My finger got really tired spamming F5 that long... But I survived. It came back online, and so it became an event no one will ever forget. I've got the scars to prove it: a hiatus in my forum posts.

So come on with that Kraken! I eat Krakens for breakfast!

Or just release 0.24 already, before I lose more of my mind.

KasperVld, I'm getting some irregularities with subscribed threads, is that part of the changes that were made to help cope with the load? By irregularities I mean not getting notifications of new posts and threads not updating as read properly.

There's been a minor tweak to subscribed threads, but that shouldn't affect those areas. I suspect that's caused by the server being generally overloaded atm.

If you are on windows, open up command prompt and type this:

ipconfig -flushdns

This clears your dns cache. After this finishes, simply refresh the page and it SHOULD be ok. At least it has always worked for me.

If you are on windows, open up command prompt and type this:

ipconfig -flushdns

This clears your dns cache. After this finishes, simply refresh the page and it SHOULD be ok. At least it has always worked for me.

Ah, but the thing is, sometimes, it isn't our fault, doing that won't have any effect.... If this works often, then your errors are from your end, not the forums.... Read a few pages back, the mods explain why.

It's gotten to the point where I get the 502 a few times a day and it's starting to cut into how much time I want to spend on the forum. I like to check new posts and open a bunch of tabs to read them one after another and it sucks to look up and see the error title over and over.

Just had a couple here at about 12:25. Update: More at 12:28. Definitely getting several at a time, and the forum seems to be running slower than I remember

Update (again) Every few minutes I'm getting them now.

Edited by Noname117

Just had a couple here at about 12:25. Update: More at 12:28. Definitely getting several at a time, and the forum seems to be running slower than I remember

Update (again) Every few minutes I'm getting them now.

yeah same here, and ironically while i was viewing this thread

The 502 errors seem to be coming in waves. About 15 seconds of every minute, the forum gives out 502 errors instead of allowing access. I'm not sure if that's helpful or not, but I am sure that this is not supposed to be the case.

Hello, I'd like to add to the list of 502s too.

I'm on the East Coast of the US and experienced three about 12pm this morning, and then a whole sh*t ton about five minutes ago (6:20). I got a "nginx/1.4.7" piece of info with my 502.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.