[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

How does this mod weapons damage parts? By overheating them, or by shooting high-speed,high-mass mini-parts?

Edit:

I found the reply in my own.

It works not by overheating but by doing something like shooting high-speed,high-mass mini-parts, so higher tolerance in m\s is better as armor.

Edited by ITAsimo456

Heat tolerance is more important to armor than crash resistance. every time a bullet hits a part it adds heat to it. So a part with a high heat tolerance (say, heatshields or command pods) will last longer under fire.

I installed the mod. all of the parts are there. but NONE of them are functional. I tried putting the weapons manager in an action group but nothing shows up when i click it. the mod looks amazing, can somebody help?

So how do the .625m warhead and the modular missile guidance and cruise missile parts work? Not sure what all the guidance modes and everything mean

The warhead is just that, a nosecone filled with potential boom.

To make the guidance work select a target, activate engine, use AG to release and start guidance at once (Put a probe core in it in case it doesn't activate). Watch your big missile head towards it's target.

I installed the mod. all of the parts are there. but NONE of them are functional. I tried putting the weapons manager in an action group but nothing shows up when i click it. the mod looks amazing, can somebody help?

Re-install and come back if its still borked.

If you happen to be installing BD Armory in 1.0.4, don't. BDA is still not supported with the latest version of KSP and should be done on your own risk.

When DL'ing in 1.0.2, just drag and drop the gamedata folder and if asked, merge and replace files. BDA is very picky when it comes with where it wants its files.

Hope this helps. :D

If you happen to be installing BD Armory in 1.0.4, don't. BDA is still not supported with the latest version of KSP and should be done on your own risk.

When DL'ing in 1.0.2, just drag and drop the gamedata folder and if asked, merge and replace files. BDA is very picky when it comes with where it wants its files.

Hope this helps. :D

Works fine for me in 1.04

Ok baha, I have the greatest suggestion you've ever had. :P

Would it be possible...to add targeting nodes....to the KSC buildings?

Like, one target node for each destructable building. That way we can use guided missiles on KSC.

It's a Ton of fun testing out planes and such on the KSC, but you can only use guns and ugh used rockets and bombs effectively. Guided missiles require "eyeballing it" which is counterintuitive. Adding target markers to each destructible building would make for a lot more fun around KSC. :D

Recently I revisited my aircraft making - previously I made aircraft that turned so bad I needed a 10km radius turn circle, and were so unstable I relied on missiles to hit targets reliably. Recently I made a multi-role aircraft that has a 2km turning circle at max speed, (and that thing can go supersonic like it's a cakewalk) is more heavily armed than my regular aircraft, and is stable enough I managed to gun down two tanks with Vulcans (tough doing because I make my tanks like bunkers). The point in telling this experience is that this mod provided the necessary tools to get it done, and in a way that Skillful could have only dreamed. I hope BD revisits this mod in the near future, because it is hands down the best mod ever made for KSP.

@above: If you know a thing or two about MM configs then maybe you can help me.

I'm the process of making the existing RCS tanks be able to switch between Monoprop and Ammo types.

I've already made a thread, but its not getting any attention, and as such, I'm restricted to trial and error.

I asked this on the KIS thread but I'm not sure where my issue lies yet.

I'm working on using a scaled down BD armory 20mm turret as a hand held EVA item. I have it where its in the kerbals hand and at a good scale, I also am able to see ammo as well as toggle the turret. But I can't seem to get BD and KIS to play nice. I have no control to aim it or fire it. I am currently using a modifiedKIS Item module as well as an ammo module and an RTG module for power (not sure I even need power) just curious if anyone else has played around with this and got it to work in 1.0x

proof of concept

screenshot0_zpsqwoozpzg.png~original

Edited by V8jester

Hey everybody. Since I have started so many different projects, my concentration has been stretched thin to a point that I don't know what I want to focus on, and end up having nothing done at the end of the week.

So, in order to recollect my scattered bits of brain, I've decided to devote some time over the next few weeks on one thing - BDArmory.

BDArmory in itself is quite complex, so I want to pick one subject at a time within it to focus on.

I need you to help me decide, so I made this poll:

Which of the following do you want the most from BDArmory?

(Results)

(Closed early)

I'll give it about a week before diving into which ever subject wins. Share it with anyone you know that's interested in how BDArmory develops. Also, feel free to discuss the options here.

The winning subject will be my highest priority - the others won't be written off. After bringing the top subject to a satisfactory level, I'll probably run another poll with the remaining subjects, and any new ideas that come up.

Until then, I'll be answering some of the questions I've neglected and working on the turret overhaul*.

Some of the questions can't be directly answered because of the planned changes.

*To addon creators:

My plans for the turret overhaul will mean you will have to reconfigure all of your turrets in Unity and config to use the new system, but it will make creating new weapons in the future much easier.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you'll see that it will be worth it.

Thanks, everyone!

- Paolo

Edited by BahamutoD

Hey everybody. Since I have started so many different projects, my concentration has been stretched thin to a point that I don't know what I want to focus on, and end up having nothing done at the end of the week.

So, in order to recollect my scattered bits of brain, I've decided to devote some time over the next few weeks on one thing - BDArmory.

BDArmory in itself is quite complex, so I want to pick one subject at a time within it to focus on.

I need you to help me decide, so I made this poll:

Which of the following do you want the most from BDArmory?

(Results)

I'll give it about a week before diving into which ever subject wins. Share it with anyone you know that's interested in how BDArmory develops. Also, feel free to discuss the options here.

The winning subject will be my highest priority - the others won't be written off. After bringing the top subject to a satisfactory level, I'll probably run another poll with the remaining subjects, and any new ideas that come up.

Until then, I'll be answering some of the questions I've neglected and working on the turret overhaul*.

Some of the questions can't be directly answered because of the planned changes.

*To addon creators:

My plans for the turret overhaul will mean you will have to reconfigure all of your turrets in Unity and config to use the new system, but it will make creating new weapons in the future much easier.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope you'll see that it will be worth it.

Thanks, everyone!

- Paolo

Why is it only a one choice poll? D:

Why is it only a one choice poll? D:

Maybe he only has time to do ONE item on the list? I am sure if there is enough interest he will come back and visit both the second and third most popular responses. I personally am looking forward to seeing some Star Trek style photon torpedoes...

I asked this on the KIS thread but I'm not sure where my issue lies yet.

I'm working on using a scaled down BD armory 20mm turret as a hand held EVA item. I have it where its in the kerbals hand and at a good scale, I also am able to see ammo as well as toggle the turret. But I can't seem to get BD and KIS to play nice. I have no control to aim it or fire it. I am currently using a modifiedKIS Item module as well as an ammo module and an RTG module for power (not sure I even need power) just curious if anyone else has played around with this and got it to work in 1.0x

You'll need to give the gun a probe core, electric, ammo and weapon manager modules. I had it working with mouse aim in 0.90 with the old KAS but haven't tried yet with the new stuff.