[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Toggle on, then toggle off, matching the boolean state of the action group variable, would be the most sane way.

Exactly how I ended up doing it. Otherwise you'd find yourself doing ridiculous things like trying to hit the button every physics update to keep a laser firing, for instance. Also spot on on the reasoning behind doing it in the first place.

Edited by Yski

A couple questions:

1) Do the effects of multiple ECM pods stack?

2) Do AI vessels on guard mode use long-range SAMs beyond 3500 meters? I *think* this has happened to me before, but the circumstances were confusing and I couldn't really tell.

3) Is there some way to get AI aircraft to follow you?

Can you make it so the bomb reticle does not not disapear at 5k? It's annoying when using powerful bombs

Could you try the .dll here? I did a quick fix that probably made the maximum altitude config file configurable, but I'm hungry so I didn't actually test it. Let me know if it works and I'll send the changes to BahamutoD :)

Simply replace the BDArmory/Plugins/BahaTurret.dll with the one I linked, and add MAX_BOMB_AIMER_ALTITUDE to BDArmory/settings.cfg. Try setting it to something like 20000 for starters, and make sure your physics range is also 1.334 times that or it will be the limiting factor instead.

Edited by Yski
Fixed the link

A couple questions:

1) Do the effects of multiple ECM pods stack?

2) Do AI vessels on guard mode use long-range SAMs beyond 3500 meters? I *think* this has happened to me before, but the circumstances were confusing and I couldn't really tell.

3) Is there some way to get AI aircraft to follow you?

1)Yep

2)Only if they got radars

3)you can download the previous version and use the wingman commander, but it will corrupt your save

I wonder if we can get support for Joystick hats. I've built an attack helicopter. And like any realistic helicopter, moving your hand off the stick is a big No-No. I'd like to be able to turn my FLIR targeting ball, but I'm out of good buttons on the stick. What I have left are the base buttons, and they tend not to detect presses half the time. (Despite rare use at all.)

3)you can download the previous version and use the wingman commander, but it will corrupt your save

Do you mean installing the previous version will corrupt the save or will the wingman commander itself do it? Also, why was it removed?

How do I make the AI pilot go in a straight line at a certain altitude? I'd like to have it fly smoothly while being able to do other stuff

set the AI turning stuff to as low as possible but you should probably wait until you get it airborne to do that

thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Could you try the .dll here? I did a quick fix that probably made the maximum altitude config file configurable, but I'm hungry so I didn't actually test it. Let me know if it works and I'll send the changes to BahamutoD :)

Simply replace the BDArmory/Plugins/BahaTurret.dll with the one I linked, and add MAX_BOMB_AIMER_ALTITUDE to BDArmory/settings.cfg. Try setting it to something like 20000 for starters, and make sure your physics range is also 1.334 times that or it will be the limiting factor instead.

thank you

is there any specific place? and is that number at least or specificly 1.334* 5000

is there any specific place? and is that number at least or specificly 1.334* 5000

The maximum altitude the bomb aimer will show up is either physics range * 0.75, or MAX_BOMB_AIMER_ALTITUDE, whichever is lower. If, for instance, your MAX_BOMB_AIMER_ALTITUDE is 20000 and physics range is 15000, the aimer should only show when up to 15000*0.75=11250 meters high. If you'd want it to use the 20000 maximum limit instead, you'd need your physics range to be 26668 meters or more. 30000 would work just fine, for instance. I believe that's because you need to be within physics range for the bomb to be able to hit anything in the first place.

..Looks like I linked an earlier draft that was missing the actual dll by accident. Sorry about that, try this one: https://github.com/Yskinator/BDArmory/releases/tag/fix5.1

Edited by Yski

Is the next update going to be for KSP 1.1?

Of my mod? Only if it drops real fast.

There is no deadline but we will release new parts as soon as everything is ready.

And AFAIK BDArmory itself is only going to update when KSP updates.