[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hey is there any way you can make a radar system similar to that of the F-14 which can track and lock onto multiple targets simultaneously? If so let me know! Nice mod and keep up the good work!

The AWG-9? Not yet. But hey, we'll see

OMG The ADFX Morgan :D ACE COMBAT FTW
Omg OP laser plane plz nerf. No but seriously. that is AWESOME

Lol thanks. It flies like a dream even with that ABL. Surprisingly it isn't that OP. Granted I have made it go 4v1 and once it came out with 3 kills and one death but the enemies it was fighting were not the best craft I've made.

Anyone know if there's a way to setup in a missile cfg to automatically set "decouple direction" to either forward or lateral?

If you're asking whether a missile defaults to decoupling forwards or laterally on load, try adding "decoupleForward = true" in the cfg. It should work but I haven't actually tested it.

If you're asking whether a missile defaults to decoupling forwards or laterally on load, try adding "decoupleForward = true" in the cfg. It should work but I haven't actually tested it.

Nice! That was it. Thanks JellyCubes

I have another one, Is there a way to ignore a part with the BD module in the BD Tab? I'm trying to make a BD weapon but not have it show up in the BD Tab.

Currently, all parts that have BDA weapon modules always go into the BD tab.

Hey Baha, is it possible to get a proper rundown on what each of the AI control factors actually do? I've been having trouble getting it to fly planes in FAR due to its surface actuation being so binary that it will flip planes into extreme AoA and stall them out, where it really just needs to actuate the surfaces a little more slowly, but still do so fully.

Not sure if that made proper sense.

[edit]

Okay, so, the two I'm wondering about specifically are Steer Factor and Steer Damping. Best I can tell, after RECENT experiments, is that steer damping works against steering in an effort to keep the plane going straight, which effectively reduces wobble; while Steer Factor is speed of control surface actuation???

This actually goes against what I described them as in a previous post in this thread, so I feel bad about that.

Edited by TheHengeProphet

TheHengeProphet, Steer Factor is a multiplier for how much input it uses depending on the angle of its intended course correction, and steer damping is a multiplier that works against angular motion. I guess they're Kp and Kd respectively in PID control.

Yet more notes coming out of our tournament:

• It'd be nice if there were seperate Firing Interval sliders for guns and missiles: missiles are precious and I'd like them spared until an absolutely good time, but I'd like my craft to spray cheap bullets as much as possible.
  • Every now and then craft seem to stop trying to get on the tail of an opponent & just fly straight for a bit - this is getting them shot down. It appears programmed behaviour rather than a flight computer setting.
  • Craft tend to try and merge by flying straight at opponents, which gets them shot to pieces if the other one can fire guns... ( and see item 1 )
  • Rolling out of a turn fight and trying to turn the other way is also getting craft shot down - rolling vertical might be a better option there.
  • One or more damping pids for actual control axes would be awesome, because there's no way of sorting control bounce per craft. A lot of my tournament craft go instantly smooth as soon as I disable the AI pilot, even with stock SAS on still.
  • Craft with reasonably high Steer Factor settings quite often seem to turn round *in front* of the opponent, in a beautiful position to take a full load of gatling ammo up the tailpipe.

Actually, on the note of things that are getting craft shot down, is it possible to get a minimum speed field? Yeah yeah, making requests, but sometimes planes will drop below critical speed in an effort to get behind and/or face an opponent causing it to fall into an unrecoverable state where it either cannot recover from the stall or will continue turning in such a manner as to prevent acceleration.

Actually, on the note of things that are getting craft shot down, is it possible to get a minimum speed field? Yeah yeah, making requests, but sometimes planes will drop below critical speed in an effort to get behind and/or face an opponent causing it to fall into an unrecoverable state where it either cannot recover from the stall or will continue turning in such a manner as to prevent acceleration.

We got round that by using dynamic deflection, and just suggesting the controls are backed off when DP is getting low - problem is DP is also low at speed at altitude :P The AI is biased towards turn fights ( with airbrakes ) though. Still not sure what that full-power-with-airbrakes mode is trying to do... I just dropped airbrakes & try & design round it.

I want to know if there is a tutorial for making new bomb/missile/others stuff for BDArmory because I am trying to make an extention for it but the first bomb i made doesn't load her texture.

Can respond to me quick please and thankn you for responding. :D