[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Would it be possible to allow the guard module to operate multiple weapons at once? My guard fires rockets at me just fine but doesn't use its CIWS. Or two machineguns at once.

[quote name='tongpong']I mean I cant fire by weapons manager on hotkeys, for example I can't fire the [COLOR=#545454][FONT=arial]missile by weapons manager[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I definitely can. Try to uncheck the "Check for clearance" in the settings, that worked for me. Some of my missiles were a bit... cramped in the cargo bay of my stealth fighter. Edited by theend3r

Hey BD,

First off let me say that you're super duper awesome and your mods make KSP for me (and countless others I'm sure!).
Now, I'm not nagging for any earlier release or change of plans concerning the armory, but I'd like to know if 1.1 being delayed changes anything for the mod. I know you've been wanting to wait for the new UI and all.

Thanks for all the modding,
Cheers!

[quote name='Bluejay0013']all these new people askin for stuff that has already been answered multiple times. tsk. tsk.[/QUOTE]

Seriously though

[quote name='eurybaric']Hey BD,

First off let me say that you're super duper awesome and your mods make KSP for me (and countless others I'm sure!).
Now, I'm not nagging for any earlier release or change of plans concerning the armory, but I'd like to know if 1.1 being delayed changes anything for the mod. I know you've been wanting to wait for the new UI and all.

Thanks for all the modding,
Cheers![/QUOTE]

He's said that after v.0.9.x he's waiting to see what KSP 1.1 brings to the table so he can develop it from there

On 27.11.2015 01:03:54, Combatsmithen said:

RIP ye old forums. I never understood why we needed to change from vbulletin. Oh well. I heard that the new forum engine is crap

It is crap, my eyes hurt from it. ALso, inserting images requires few more clicks now.

On topic: Half of bombs don't detonate for me now, and cluster bombs don't work as well.

I know I said I might release a very small update soon, but it turns out there's alot of things I want to work on/fix before releasing an update.  

On top of improvements to AI Pilot I've been working on, ferram4 has generously been working on some new features such as aerodynamic drag on bullets and G-force/AoA limits on AI Pilots.  

Today I had an idea for getting turrets to be able to carry missiles, such as for SAM turrets.  Before you ask, this "tech" won't work for attaching random parts onto gun turrets.  It will, however eventually allow guards to aim SAM's in the correct direction, so you won't need to mount missiles pointing straight up, or in every direction.  

Here's a quick test video: SAM Turret Test

Edited by BahamutoD

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

I know I said I might release a very small update soon, but it turns out there's alot of things I want to work on/fix before releasing an update.  

On top of improvements to AI Pilot I've been working on, ferram4 has generously been working on some new features such as aerodynamic drag on bullets and G-force/AoA limits on AI Pilots.  

Today I had an idea for getting turrets to be able to carry missiles, such as for SAM turrets.  Before you ask, this "tech" won't work for attaching random parts onto gun turrets.  It will, however eventually allow guards to aim SAM's in the correct direction, so you won't need to mount missiles pointing straight up, or in every direction.  

That's incredible. Looking forward to a new release. The current one works fine so no need to hurry.

8 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

That has been needed for a long time…thank you.
Still can't wait for that wingman update and the bug with heat from destroyed bombs/missiles causing other missiles/bombs in the area to be destroyed. 

Edit: another bug that needs fixing is that AI's tend to fire missiles from left to right (or right to left) rather than one wing after the other in a balanced way

Edited by War Eagle 1

Insert video links directly would be okay.

All right I need to find out why it works in editor and behaves useless in the pages:( BB codes don't work either

Edited by Acea
Forget it plz

Having a blast getting back to BDA and blowing stuff up, especially with those new lightning style cockpits! Thanks for continuing to deliver superfun stuff (without even asking for money), Baha. Can't wait to put those turrets onto my Carriers...

On a sidenote, is there some incompatability with the current BDA Mod and KSP 1.5? Basic functionality works just finde, but the AI pilots are currently kinda weird for me. They constantly stall their plane and just seem to ignore their current velocity and vector while trying the most crazy maneuvers. All using no affecting mods (aside adjustable wheels), basically stock planes that work fine otherwise (one even copied from your MK22 preview!).

Edited by Temeter

22 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Having a blast getting back to BDA and blowing stuff up, especially with those new lightning style cockpits! Thanks for continuing to deliver superfun stuff (without even asking for money), Baha. Can't wait to put those turrets onto my Carriers...

On a sidenote, is there some incompatability with the current BDA Mod and KSP 1.5? Basic functionality works just finde, but the AI pilots are currently kinda weird for me. They constantly stall their plane and just seem to ignore their current velocity and vector while trying the most crazy maneuvers. All using no affecting mods (aside adjustable wheels), basically stock planes that work fine otherwise (one even copied from your MK22 preview!).

Try to modify the pilot parameters, especially the one called something like turn damping or what, it prevents them from turning too hard and stalling.

3 minutes ago, theend3r said:

Try to modify the pilot parameters, especially the one called something like turn damping or what, it prevents them from turning too hard and stalling.

Tried it, but it's more like they completely ignore their current situation. E.g. flying 50m/s, panther engines, and trying to pull upwards. Which ofc results in falling like a stone.

Edited by Temeter

Since missile turrets will work now, I'm also making a Patriot launcher for the larger SAM's.

Also, I'm adding turretID fields to weapons and radars (anything that uses the turret module) so you can have multiple in one part.  This will mean that CIWS gun turrets can have built-in radars where the tracking radar points at the target, while the gun leads the target.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temeter, overdoing turns at low speeds is something I'm working on fixing.

For now, I usually just disable thrust vectoring on AI planes if I don't want them doing flips.

Edited by BahamutoD

41 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

Since missile turrets will work now, I'm also making a Patriot launcher for the larger SAM's.

Also, I'm adding turretID fields to weapons and radars (anything that uses the turret module) so you can have multiple in one part.  This will mean that CIWS gun turrets can have built-in radars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temeter, overdoing turns at low speeds is something I'm working on fixing.

For now, I usually just disable thrust vectoring on AI planes if I don't want them doing flips.

Its looking awesome.
How is wingman looking as well.  You must be having a blast with it