[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

The Patriot launcher video is very impressive.

OT: I've been thinking about AI planes landing again. GPS location and altitude, direction, glideslope and landing speed would be the parameters needed.

Edit: There's more to it. There's mention of an open-source landing algorithm, ArduPilot, in this paper http://www.astm.org/studentmember/images/NoamEisen_UPenn_paper.pdf.

Edited by colmo
Update info

Well, this is a thing now:

Finally got around to doing turret support for rocket pods.
I still need to get guards to be able to use them, and improve the aim-assist/trajectory prediction.  It keeps shooting a bit short of where you aim.

Edited by BahamutoD

4 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

I still need to get guards to be able to use them, and improve the aim-assist/trajectory prediction.  It keeps shooting a bit short of where you aim.

guess i can resurrect my plans for a Grad rocket launcher.... once i figure out how rocket pods work

Hello I am new in this awesome mod.

Can you explain how you fire missiles?

I got 10 hellfire, 5 under each wings and I set Key 4 in action group to fire 1 hell fire.

How do I interact with Weapon manager to fire one missile at a time? If I select Key 4 for all Hellfire, they are fired at the same time...

5 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

guess i can resurrect my plans for a Grad rocket launcher.... once i figure out how rocket pods work

same here for my own designs... need to actually know how to make those first though :/

10 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

I got a good feeling an update will come out soon.

7 hours ago, Atatra said:

Generally i set one action group to next weapon, and one to fire, both in the weapon manager, so that you can change between weapons are fire one at a time.

I guess you need Weapon manager in the SPH to set the action group,  and in 1.0.5 I don't see the weapon manager in the SPH

Hey Baha I've been playing this mod and I think it's glorious.

There is only a slight inconsistency that bothers me: turrets will (click-)shoot even when the weapon manager is not armed, unlike the rest of the weapons. Could you make it so they work like the rest and only shoot when armed? Maybe as an option in the settings if it is its intended behaviour.

If at all possible, I second this.

Furthermore, I propose an auto-disarm option on weapon switch - I am growing increasingly tired of salvo-firing my missiles or rockets only to hear the familiar, but unwelcome patter of autocannon fire immediately afterwards.

5 hours ago, Uzric said:

Hey Baha I've been playing this mod and I think it's glorious.

There is only a slight inconsistency that bothers me: turrets will (click-)shoot even when the weapon manager is not armed, unlike the rest of the weapons. Could you make it so they work like the rest and only shoot when armed? Maybe as an option in the settings if it is its intended behaviour.

This is true, I probably will do that.

2 minutes ago, Angstinator said:

If at all possible, I second this.

Furthermore, I propose an auto-disarm option on weapon switch - I am growing increasingly tired of salvo-firing my missiles or rockets only to hear the familiar, but unwelcome patter of autocannon fire immediately afterwards.

This is one of the bugs fixed for the update, although its not really an option that disarms the trigger - it just stops you from firing the next weapon until you release the trigger and press it again.

Would it be possible to make combined gun and rocket turrets? Aka 2K22 Tunguska. Yaw is combined but pitch is separate. Radar on front also has separate yaw and pitch, just like on your Goalkeeper. Would it be possible to limit its traverse range?

9K22_Tunguska,_Independence_Day_parade_i

Edited by sashan

After trying out your Mk22 Cockpits, are there plans to make Radars/Laser Designators either part of the/a cockpit(e.g. a seperate screen for the copilot), or to make them work with RPM (RasterPropMonitor)? Not  an expert with mods, but if its possible to switch a screen between RPM-Mode and Radar-Mode, it might save you the work of combining the two directly

On 03/12/2015, 18:15:20, BahamutoD said:

[snip goes the pinking shears]

Bahamuto, would you be willing to have another look at making missile pods a possibility?
I think I remember you saying that it'd be really difficult to do, but then... a lot of the things you're implementing now were really difficult then as well. ;)

I'm mainly asking because I, and again I think I remember others as well, would love to see something like this made by an enterprising modder: http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/All_Direction_Multi-Purpose_Missile
One (or more) pods that fire a (radar guided?) missile barrage. Would that be possible right now? Would it be possible add this?

18 hours ago, Melfice said:

Bahamuto, would you be willing to have another look at making missile pods a possibility?
I think I remember you saying that it'd be really difficult to do, but then... a lot of the things you're implementing now were really difficult then as well. ;)

I'm mainly asking because I, and again I think I remember others as well, would love to see something like this made by an enterprising modder: http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/All_Direction_Multi-Purpose_Missile
One (or more) pods that fire a (radar guided?) missile barrage. Would that be possible right now? Would it be possible add this?

I am planning to do guided rocket/missile pods, as well as multi-locking but.. those ace combat missiles would be really teeny tiny for the amount of thrust/steering/payload they have in the game..  It wouldn't really be consistent with the design of the rest of the base mod.  Once the capability is implemented though, anyone else could make it.

28 minutes ago, MatsSanders said:

My guards are simply refusing to fire at anything, even though I have a locking Radar, Weapon Manager, and guard menu on. Anyone else having this problem. 

In the current release, the ABL is only selected by the guard for use against incoming missiles.  Have you tried the gun turrets?  Eventually options like this will be configurable.