[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

Temeter, overdoing turns at low speeds is something I'm working on fixing.

For now, I usually just disable thrust vectoring on AI planes if I don't want them doing flips.

Neat! Was already switching up ai stuff back to Wiplash', the high t/w and limited control seems to be easier on the AI.

39 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Its looking awesome.
How is wingman looking as well.  You must be having a blast with it

I haven't done much to wingman since I last reported on it.  I was getting a little fed up by the framerate drop of having lots of vessels acting together so I took a break to work on the other stuff.

10 minutes ago, Angstinator said:

Baha, that launcher model is so pretty I think I'm missile-sexual now.

Just, what missile sizes will these be available for?

The smaller one shown in the video is good for Sidewinder and AMRAAM sized missiles, and the Patriot launcher will of course match with the PAC-3.  That's all for now.

Well, here's the finished Patriot launcher:

------------

34 minutes ago, Angstinator said:

Mmmmh, almost a shame - I was going to make a HARM rack for some of the (surface) ships I was building.

Oh, wait, that said - I believe I didn't ask about whether there was more space weaponry planned, yet.

No space weapons planned as of now.  I'm having some difficulties even getting the HEKV-1 working properly with the new radar system at the moment...

Dear Baha, does the AI will have something to stop the planes colliding into each other? It's funny but not very professional coming from skilled pilots :D

Also during some brainstorm on the IRC I came up with this: when programming a plane AI you can give them a few pre-made order like "climb when chased" or "fly higher than opponent" this way the AI could be programmed to be evasive, attacking, fighter or bomber oriented to accomodate the qualities of each plane.

I know this might be a lot of work but there are just suggestion, this mod is just insane and I love it.

7 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Well, here's the finished Patriot launcher:

And I already built my whole line of Sky trucks for MLRS and AA capabilities (Guns and missiles and flak, and a dedicated radar one). It looks amazing though.

Anyone have tips for breaking radar lock? I have been experimenting with some semi active missile and have found they are exceptionally deadly. Chaff doesn't seem to help maybe I am using it wrong. I pop it as I am being locked and a lot as the missile get close. Also has anyone lower the flare thermal setting as I have found heat seekers to be exceptionally not deadly in 1.0.5 as a few flares pretty much guarantees a miss. Thanks!

@Svm420 There are now three types of counter measures. You are correct that flares are effective against heat seekers, but for radar locks you need to use chaff counter measures. The third counter measure is smoke screen used to defend against laser locks. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think smoke screen works on GPS locks. 

I know where your coming from though it confused the hell out of me initially, baha has a tutorial video under the videos spoiler in the op, hope this helps.

On December 1, 2015 2:56:08 PM, BahamutoD said:

this is War Eagle 1
For some reason i can't reply unless its in a quote text box.

Anyway I think the ECMs need to be buffed.  I tried 8 of them on a single craft and yet I may as well not have them against enemy radar missiles

Edited by War Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

Anyone have tips for breaking radar lock? I have been experimenting with some semi active missile and have found they are exceptionally deadly. Chaff doesn't seem to help maybe I am using it wrong. I pop it as I am being locked and a lot as the missile get close. Also has anyone lower the flare thermal setting as I have found heat seekers to be exceptionally not deadly in 1.0.5 as a few flares pretty much guarantees a miss. Thanks!

It helps to beam the radar (fly with the locked radar on your 3 or 9 o'clock).  If it's an airborne radar, try to fly below it (ground clutter).  If it's a ground radar, the easiest way to break lock is to  get behind cover (though there isn't always cover available).  And of course, chaffing through all of this. If you can't break lock, build up energy by going full throttle while beaming the incoming missile, and then pull hard G's when it gets close.  If the missile is far away enough, you can bury it by flying towards the ground. This will put it's lead pursuit target somewhere under ground.  Of course, you'll have to pull out before you crash yourself.

Here's a quick video I threw together about basic SAM avoidance.

I'm tweaking the flare thermal to be more balanced in 1.0.5 since they lowered the heat output of engines a bit.  They might still be a bit over-effective but right now, I have it at 1550.

--------

Here's a video of the Patriot launcher in action.

Edited by BahamutoD

8 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

It helps to beam the radar (fly with the locked radar on your 3 or 9 o'clock).  If it's an airborne radar, try to fly below it (ground clutter).  If it's a ground radar, the easiest way to break lock is to  get behind cover (though there isn't always cover available).  And of course, chaffing through all of this. If you can't break lock, build up energy by going full throttle while beaming the incoming missile, and then pull hard G's when it gets close.  If the missile is far away enough, you can bury it by flying towards the ground. This will put it's lead pursuit target somewhere under ground.  Of course, you'll have to pull out before you crash yourself.

Here's a quick video I threw together about basic SAM avoidance.

Thats all well and good for fighters but if you have an AWACS it doesn't help as much

I have a problem where the camera glitches underground and the game wont work only when i install this mod,but when i take out BAHA turrent.dll it works fine,but the Mod wont work anymore how to fix

PS. Im on a mac is that a problem?

8 minutes ago, zsach22 said:

I have a problem where the camera glitches underground and the game wont work only when i install this mod,but when i take out BAHA turrent.dll it works fine,but the Mod wont work anymore how to fix

Im on Mac too and don't have this problem.  You may want to try redownloading BD to start off

13 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Im on Mac too and don't have this problem.  You may want to try redownloading BD to start off

I redownloaded it and it still has the same problem everything is there and i think i installed it right,but it still not working so idk?

13 minutes ago, zsach22 said:

I redownloaded it and it still has the same problem everything is there and i think i installed it right,but it still not working so idk?

Any other mods?
how did you install it?
(final test) have you redownloaded KSP?

5 minutes ago, zsach22 said:

1.Nope

2.I got it from Kerbal stuff put everything into the KSP Gamedata folder

3.Nope

Ok I ll try looking at it later. It still may be an installment issue but I ll have to redownload BD to confirm. But can't do that right now.
Other than that have you tired looking in your MAC Library?
To do that hold command/shift,G then type "~/library" (no quotes) in the box and go to your saved application folder and delete the unity.Squad.Kerbal Space Program.savedState folder. 

That may help but I can't confirm.  I usually do that when there is a slight loading issue bug. 

I have a similar issue though the ingame bugs are different. I've tried fresh installs of KSP and re-downloaded BDarmory at least a dozen times and the problem persists even though no one else seems to have this issue. I've tried everything to resolve the problem but I'm left stumped as to why it persists... is it just my computer? It uses Windows though not Mac OSX.

By Ingame bugs I mean I don't have the camera problem but just like zsach22's problem its not resolved after trying everything possible. For me most of the turrets seem to want to aim in the opposite direction of my crosshair and ignore any aim restrictions (clipping through its self and the model being static, barrels not pitching but the entire turret instead etc.) and the game will freeze upon loading the chaff dispenser.

Edited by Freeshooter

2 hours ago, zsach22 said:

This has been reported by a few people, but as of yet, no one has provided me with output logs, so I have no idea where to start looking.  Could you upload your output log somewhere and post it here?

It's located in /KSP_data/output_log.txt

Edited by BahamutoD