[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

On 2. 3. 2016 at 9:26 PM, theend3r said:

Awesome mod, thanks for still updating it, Baha.

Q1: How do I make AI pilots open cargo bays?

Q2: Are there any mods that could spawn vessels in flight mode? Or spawn multiple at once? Because setting up defenses by loading one plane and driving it down the side of the runway to be able to load another is pretty tedious.

A1: It is possible, if you use stock aero, the Guard will know if a weapon is inside a cargo bay and will open it when selecting a weapon. If you use FAR, you need to right-click the weapons and enable the toggle "Inside cargo bay" and it will work as well.
I remember missiles having a bit of trouble firing from cargo bays, though. Even if you set them up with enough lateral ejection, they sometimes detected the cargo bay wall in front of them as an obstacle.

A2: The above mentioned VesselMover by Baha makes setting up defenses a breeze:

On 2. 3. 2016 at 3:39 PM, Redshift OTF said:

Quick question. How does the Modular Missile Guidance unit work? I'm trying to make my own bombs but I can't get it to work. Start guidance does nothing. Thanks.

On 2. 3. 2016 at 8:07 PM, sashan said:

Because it requires LegacyTargeting to be enabled. ANd you then need to target it using KSP stock target system.

The Modular Missile Guidance doesn't require LegacyTargeting. You just have to first target a vessel and then start the guidance. It works the way legacy targeting does in this regard, but you don't have to enable that in the settings.

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

You guys are going to like the Vessel Mover update.

We do indeed! :P
Oh, and you've probably missed my question, but could you make multiple missile turrets on one part possible? This has loads of potential uses - for example, VLS blocks with caps that open separately.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That looks right to me, apart from aim Pitch and aimYaw being deprecated ( the old names, though as long as they are correct orientation it doesn't matter)  what do you want to change?

This is a cannon turret I made for 1.0. and when I try to use them this version, they can rotate/aim correctly, but can't fire.

The debug is filled with Null Reference Exception. Do you have an idea what is happening?

And I am try to make a MBT turret with a Gatling on it, do you think I can achieve that?

Thanks for your reply.

Just now, flywlyx said:

This is a cannon turret I made for 1.0. and when I try to use them this version, they can rotate/aim correctly, but can't fire.

The debug is filled with Null Reference Exception. Do you have an idea what is happening?

And I am try to make a MBT turret with a Gatling on it, do you think I can achieve that?

Thanks for your reply.

If the transforms are correct in the cfg it should fire, the null refs are likely because of either a typo or simply that the item the plugin wants is not there, it's not actually missing the fire transform so it must be a problem with the yaw and pitch transforms, or you have named an animation clip that is not attached to the part.

As to the second part of the question I don't think it's possible at this point to get that combination working, i tried, i think, every possible combination of modules and hierarchies over the course of two days and was never to get both working at the same time, so in the end all I have is a tiger turret with a nice prop attached, the only example of multi turrets is the Jernas (? think that's what its called) radar unit, so although i didn't actually try it may be possible to have a gun and radar or similar, still working on a rocket and missile turret in combination with a gun, so cant say for sure if it can be done

Spoiler

YfqmzFT.pngfDgGbON.png

Does competition mode actually make the planes go in opposite directions? Seems like they just circle around randomly until they drift apart enough.

Not a huge problem but it takes a little longer than necessary to start one up. Makes a difference when you're iterating through designs ;)

Edit: New update seems to have improved cannon use a lot btw.

Edited by Tubal

48 minutes ago, Tubal said:

Does competition mode actually make the planes go in opposite directions? Seems like they just circle around randomly until they drift apart enough.

Not a huge problem but it takes a little longer than necessary to start one up. Makes a difference when you're iterating through designs ;)

Edit: New update seems to have improved cannon use a lot btw.

Yeah competition mode seems a bit broken, it was working fine except for the not being able to cancel bug. Now it seems they fly apart a little bit, then start turning and just circle around and either slowly getting closer or slowly getting farther apart

There seems to be a bug in the way planes calculate a firing solution for guns.

Most of the time they aim correctly and shoot at the other plane but sometimes, when a target is about 90 degrees off to the side, they also think they are aiming at it.

It can be seen in a dogfight, for example during a pass as one or both planes fire a shot as they fly by. I also had two planes fly next to each other, firing bursts thinking they are shooting at each other.

I've seen it against a ground target once as well.

I was using guns from the Aviator Arsenal (for BAD-T), if that makes any difference.

Edited by MarvinCZ

I have a gun with 5km/sec muzzle velocity - and it constantly tracks the target by too large amounts - all bullets pass in front of it. Would it be possible to fix it?

Ok, I was fooling around (I may have been up for twenty-six hours at the time I had the idea), and I made a fan video for EE's World War K series, which I'd thought I'd share here.

Edited by AlbertKermin