[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

2 minutes ago, allmhuran said:

Looking at the code, there is a KSPField called "explSoundPath". Try adding that to your part config file with a path to your custom sound.

I try that, "audioClipPath" too, but the sound of the rocket is always the "basic" rocketloop.

52 minutes ago, allmhuran said:

Yeah, the code doesn't seem to have a way to change the rocket motor sound: audioSource.clip = GameDatabase.Instance.GetAudioClip("BDArmory/Sounds/rocketLoop");

So there is no way to change the sound, it's okay, I'll go back to plan B.

Thanks.

Here is my confusion, in video form. You may want to pause in a few places, I kept it short to make the upload fast. I'm confused about the following:

1. As I mentioned before, I saw in the code that explosion heat is not applied to physicesless parts, but why is the *impact* heat also not applied to the (physicsless) left forearm? It can't be due to a physicsless part not being considered for the round impact, since the round is clearly detonating on the left forearm. Do cannons not have impact heat at all?
  2. Why is the actual damage applied to the (full physics) lower left leg so much less than expected? By my calculation I'd expect about 25 heat, but I am only seeing about 0.2. The calculation I am using is  =(B33/($B$24*$B$23)) *C33*C33*$B$21
    which is (bullet mass / (crash tolerance * part mass)) * bullet velocity * bullet velocity * config damage multiplier. What's wrong with my math here? 
  3. Why does the 50 cal instakill the physicsless right upper leg? It has the same stats as the lower left leg. By my calculation the 50 cal should do far less damage per hit than the m230 chain gun.

Edited by allmhuran

On ‎9‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, Muffinman840 said:

Bahamuto's Armory updated to an actual, realistic targeting system. (Radar, Infrared, GPS, etc.)

My understanding is the Space missiles didn't take well to this massive change for whatever reason. You might be able to switch back to the legacy targetting system, maybe. And that might work. 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:01 AM, AlbertKermin said:

I don't think it's the targeting that fouled up. I can aim and fire perfectly fine, I just can't hit anything. Makes me think that it's the guidance system that's bad.

Indeed, I've tried Legacy Targetting, and firing while with an active radar lock. The missile has a red line pointing from it after deployment, then appears several k's away following ignition. And then leaves the target alone.

If anyone has any recommendations/suggestions/potential fixes, it would be appreciated.

Hey, a quick suggestion to lower the part count make a procedural part that could be set to be several things at the same time for instance ammo box, Ai controller, Weapon Manager even a control pod maybe.

This would allow under 10 parts planes.

Edited by RevanCorana

1 hour ago, RevanCorana said:

Hey, a quick suggestion to lower the part count make a procedural part that could be set to be several things at the same time for instance ammo box, Ai controller, Weapon Manager even a control pod maybe.

This would allow under 10 parts planes.

I like the ammo box idea. But the thing is a 20mm ammo box isnt the same size as a 30mm ammo box.

1 minute ago, Combatsmithen said:

I like the ammo box idea. But the thing is a 20mm ammo box isnt the same size as a 30mm ammo box.

It can be a completely new part named for instance "BDA core" but also keep all the old ones in the mod so older crafts still work.

20 hours ago, Carcharoth said:

@LORDPrometheus@harpwner@BahamutoD

Now what I most need is to change the sound and explosion of the rockets fired by the turret or launchers, in the .CFG files I do not see any line about the sound, I copied settings lines from other weapons have also included an audio emitter in Unity, but none of that things changes the outcome.

THANKS A LOT.

Hi for the rockets

audioClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/rocketLoop

For all the projectile weapons

fireSoundPath = NED/Sounds/shot
explSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/subExplode

The second example contains a path within the mod itself, and  one of course to BDA, the sound files can go anywhere or be called from anywhere, just create a Sounds folder either in the part folder, if you choose to have the folder within your part folder it should be "sounds"  whereas if you follow the normal pattern and place outside the part folder it should be "Sounds" note upper case.  drop your chosen sound in there and enter the path in the cfg

DERP ALERT: The following occured because I didn't follow instructions! Put the BDArmory folder that is within the BDArmory folder, inside your ksp gamedata folder!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey BahamutoD, first time user of BD Armory! I think your mod is great just from the videos!

Unfortunately I had the bug where when I launch a vehicle, the camera starts glitched inside Kerbin and then the planet starts to fall away, I assume cuz it's moving while my camera is stuck, but I'm not sure.

Anywho, here is my output log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02u8D8RFYDpdGE1UDRwVUNKeU0/view?usp=sharing

I uploaded it directly after it messed up a launch, did the camera issue, and then I ended the ksp process in task manager. If you need me to do anything specific, let me know!

PC specs:

i5 4670k

16GB ram

gtx 660

1tb HDD

windows 10 64 bit

let me know if you need to know anything else! Your mod is pretty much the only reason I wanna KSP again. I love setting up military scenarios and watching them play out, sometimes taking the role of one of the pilots! There used to be another mod that kinda allowed for that, but not like this!

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Zrux
DEEEEEEEEEEERP

37 minutes ago, Zrux said:

Hey BahamutoD, first time user of BD Armory! I think your mod is great just from the videos!

Unfortunately I had the bug where when I launch a vehicle, the camera starts glitched inside Kerbin and then the planet starts to fall away, I assume cuz it's moving while my camera is stuck, but I'm not sure.

Anywho, here is my output log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02u8D8RFYDpdGE1UDRwVUNKeU0/view?usp=sharing

I uploaded it directly after it messed up a launch, did the camera issue, and then I ended the ksp process in task manager. If you need me to do anything specific, let me know!

PC specs:

i5 4670k

16GB ram

gtx 660

1tb HDD

windows 10 64 bit

let me know if you need to know anything else! Your mod is pretty much the only reason I wanna KSP again. I love setting up military scenarios and watching them play out, sometimes taking the role of one of the pilots! There used to be another mod that kinda allowed for that, but not like this!

Thanks for all your hard work!

HI from the log it looks like you have BDA installed wrongly your path is  BD Armory/GameData/BDArmory/Parts/radome125/radome1snub/bdRadome1snub'  it should be BDArmory/Parts/radome125/radome1snub/bdRadome1snub.

Go into the BD Armory/GameData folder and drag the BDArmory folder into the main gamedata folder the delete the now empty BDArmory/Gamedata folders

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
typo frenzy

Hi guys! I've played KSP for a while now, just got around to making a forums account. I pretty much always use BDA when playing, if I'm not using a custom list for a career game. Anyways, on to the reason for this post. If thisx has already been reported, sorry, I don't want to read 280+ pages of replies. :sticktongue:

So, basically, whenever I have BDA installed and I try to load a craft, I end up with a fixed camera, no data on the HUD, and no craft on the runway (haven't tried launchpad, this IS a BDA save). I tried to press escape to exit to the SPH, no buttons other than settings and resume worked. Space Center and Revert are clickable, but not functional. If I time warp, the camera pans away from the space center, away from Kerbin, without stopping. At this point I usually Alt-F4. If BDA isn't installed, everything works fine, when I first encountered this issue, I had only BDA installed. Next day, for whatever reason, it worked flawlessly, I got to test my drone planes, etc. Day after that, same issue. Currently I have BDA, Vessel Mover, Kerbal Foundries (found an alternate download for it, yay), and BDA Vessel Switcher, and, since I have BDA installed, it still fails to work. I tried deleting BDA then re-downloading and re-installing it, no fix. If necessary, I can supply pictures of what's happening, but from my testing, BDA is definitely the problem here, no matter what I do to try to fix it.

If you have questions for me to try to get a solution, fire away. Cheers!

39 minutes ago, eJar0k said:

Hi guys! I've played KSP for a while now, just got around to making a forums account. I pretty much always use BDA when playing, if I'm not using a custom list for a career game. Anyways, on to the reason for this post. If thisx has already been reported, sorry, I don't want to read 280+ pages of replies. :sticktongue:

So, basically, whenever I have BDA installed and I try to load a craft, I end up with a fixed camera, no data on the HUD, and no craft on the runway (haven't tried launchpad, this IS a BDA save). I tried to press escape to exit to the SPH, no buttons other than settings and resume worked. Space Center and Revert are clickable, but not functional. If I time warp, the camera pans away from the space center, away from Kerbin, without stopping. At this point I usually Alt-F4. If BDA isn't installed, everything works fine, when I first encountered this issue, I had only BDA installed. Next day, for whatever reason, it worked flawlessly, I got to test my drone planes, etc. Day after that, same issue. Currently I have BDA, Vessel Mover, Kerbal Foundries (found an alternate download for it, yay), and BDA Vessel Switcher, and, since I have BDA installed, it still fails to work. I tried deleting BDA then re-downloading and re-installing it, no fix. If necessary, I can supply pictures of what's happening, but from my testing, BDA is definitely the problem here, no matter what I do to try to fix it.

You say you usually use BDA. Did it work for you before? If yes, what changed since then?

17 minutes ago, MarvinCZ said:

You say you usually use BDA. Did it work for you before? If yes, what changed since then?

IIRC, it was the new version of BDA for 1.0.5. However, I think it may have worked before this incident in 1.0.5, so.. Ugh. Can't remember it clearly.

Edited by eJar0k
Made a bit more specific.

2 hours ago, eJar0k said:

IIRC, it was the new version of BDA for 1.0.5. However, I think it may have worked before this incident in 1.0.5, so.. Ugh. Can't remember it clearly.

Several people reported similar problems, but so far nobody was able to pinpoint what exactly is going on. The only thing I can suggest is to post the output log of it happening and hope for the more savvy people to solve this. Sorry.

3 hours ago, eJar0k said:

I've never had this with BDA itself. But sometimes two mods can conflict with one another and cause problems like this. I've had occasions where the space center view is messed up when I start the game, and when I tried mods once at a time everything was fine. It was only when two were both installed I had issues. Have you recently added any other mods? It could be that BDA and another one don't like each other, and you might have to choose between them.

Edited by allmhuran

2 hours ago, allmhuran said:

I've never had this with BDA itself. But sometimes two mods can conflict with one another and cause problems like this. I've had occasions where the space center view is messed up when I start the game, and when I tried mods once at a time everything was fine. It was only when two were both installed I had issues. Have you recently added any other mods? It could be that BDA and another one don't like each other, and you might have to choose between them.

6 hours ago, eJar0k said:

If BDA isn't installed, everything works fine; when I first encountered this issue, I had only BDA installed.

15 minutes ago, allmhuran said:

OK, I take it you mean you had no other mods in at the time. that wasn't very clear. Steam or store?

That wasn't very clear, actually. Sorry, and it's steam. And yes, I only had BDA in at the time.