[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

1 hour ago, Dawa1147 said:

(I'll assume you've done the standart procedure of doing a clean install and then add BD Armory, wich should work.)

This sounds like either a mod conflict, best tip I can give is to have a install with only BDA (doesn't have to be your main install) and try out adding one mod after another until you find the one with the conflict (assuming the other mods are compatible). Otherwise I can only suggest re-downloading BDA, sometimes thats the problem, or try out downloading it from somewhere else

Thanks for reply, I installed only BDArmory and it has still no color :/ other mods work fine with no problem..really dont know how to fix this

30 minutes ago, Biker Joe said:

Is there a minimum range or something? where are those videos?

So I tried again, set up a target with a weapon manager (team B), have another craft with a FLIR targetting ball locked on and pressed both SEND GPS and TO GPS but when I go to the craft with the cruise missiles it says there are no gps targets?

You also need to install a radar data receiver on the ship without the radar

7 hours ago, Biker Joe said:

Is there a minimum range or something? where are those videos?

So I tried again, set up a target with a weapon manager (team B), have another craft with a FLIR targetting ball locked on and pressed both SEND GPS and TO GPS but when I go to the craft with the cruise missiles it says there are no gps targets?

screenshot5_zpsbspcyrqj.png

screenshot6_zps27me8tkv.png

The RBS-15 is a radar guided missile. You'll need a TWS radar or a radome to lock on to your target. 

3 hours ago, ephesix said:

The RBS-15 is a radar guided missile. You'll need a TWS radar or a radome to lock on to your target. 

The RBS-15 is GPS guided, it's a cruise missile.

The PAC-3 on the other hand, is radar guided. I think you're thinking of the PAC-3.

Maybe you're thinking of the MK83 JDAM. It clearly says the RBS-15 is radar guided: 

94BB3BF66A9FDCCE2F1360DA920BD747158C875D

3 hours ago, Astrain said:

The RBS-15 is GPS guided, it's a cruise missile.

The PAC-3 on the other hand, is radar guided. I think you're thinking of the PAC-3.

I made some experiments about missiles in space and that's what I noticed.

First thing the HE-KV-1 isn't working. Nor in atmosphere nor in space.

For space combat the PAC-3 seems to be the best missile, thanks to its controllable throttle.

The other missiles, anti-radar, laser, gps are not able to steer. (in space)

Also a strange thing I noticed is that cruise missiles work in vacuum. Is this intended? 

8 hours ago, ephesix said:

Maybe you're thinking of the MK83 JDAM. It clearly says the RBS-15 is radar guided: 

(deleted pic)

Must be a typo - I used the RBS-15 yesterday with GPS guidance and it worked fine.

Try using it with a radar, tell me the results - I may be wrong.

Yes, the RBS-15 is GPS guided. Sorry for the typo.  

Biker Joe.  After locking a target and clicking Send GPS, it should show up in the GPS Targets list.  If not, there is a bug.  Please send an output_log.txt.

BD, would you be interested in making your mods compatible with Blizzy's Toolbar? I know it can be very inconvenient to work around other mod makers. But it's sure is nice to have everything streamlined. 

5 minutes ago, Shekelberg said:

How do you use the cruise missles and the AGM missles? I select a target then fire it, but they fire unguided. I have a tank with a bunch of hellfire missles on it but when I fire them at a target they just fire and just fly off into nowhere. 

You need to designate a target with the Targeting pod or the flir ball. They ride a beam to the target or you can revert to legacy targeting by hitting (Alt+B) and selecting "Legacy targeting" Also have you watched any of the videos demonstrating how to use BD Armory in the OP?

Is there any way to build a land vehicle that doesn't get immediately shredded when going up against the goalkeeper? I tried spaced, 3 layer structural panel armor, but it cut through that like butter. I understand making it very effective vs aircraft, but slower moving tanks really don't stand a chance against it.

4 hours ago, Thingymajigy said:

The AGM-86C doesn't work? I set a GPS coordinate for it and lanuched above the cruising altitude at supersonic speed, but it just keeps losing speed and altitude then crashes.

Its thrust is too low, that's something that needs fiddling with in the config or @BahamutoD to release an update.

On 24.12.2015 at 2:55 PM, silversliver said:

I made some experiments about missiles in space and that's what I noticed.

First thing the HE-KV-1 isn't working. Nor in atmosphere nor in space.

For space combat the PAC-3 seems to be the best missile, thanks to its controllable throttle.

The other missiles, anti-radar, laser, gps are not able to steer. (in space)

Also a strange thing I noticed is that cruise missiles work in vacuum. Is this intended? 

Bahamutod has not worke don space yet (Beyond that missile in a much older version of BDArmory AND pre-1.0, and transition proved much worse than with other missiles, so it is not fixed.). Of course there are weird things when he hasn't gotten to that yet..

12 hours ago, Khantemplation said:

Is there any way to build a land vehicle that doesn't get immediately shredded when going up against the goalkeeper? I tried spaced, 3 layer structural panel armor, but it cut through that like butter. I understand making it very effective vs aircraft, but slower moving tanks really don't stand a chance against it.

All stock BDArmory weapons are overpowered and will probably stay that way for a while.

First you make everything work, then you balance stuff. You can use some balanced weapons pack if you want, but I think that those plates and a few other parts will require special code to be more resistant.