[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Yeah, that's true. I was just suggesting it if someone would like to try it in their free time though! I'm sure a lot of people would like it, and if multiplayer ever gets added, it will most likely be a must. Not as if multiplayer wil be added soon, but in the far future it might be :)

Sounds like a perfect job for you :) A lot of modders started this way - not a clue and a lot of ideas. Go for it!

Does anyone have a problem with loading their old craft in .90 with bdarmory? it says i'm missing "mk82bombbrake", please help?

That is because BDArmory is not officially releasd for 0.90 yet, so you will have some issues.

Try it with KSP 0.25 or wait until BahamutoD is back and update his mod.

IIRC that one is the snakeeye bomb, if you want to load it on 0.25 to remove the part and try to load it on 0.90 again.

They randomly disappear or fail to load. I've had some luck reloading the assets - sometimes the game suddenly decides they're there. My theory is that it has something to do with how ATM loads textures, but really its complete voodoo to duplicate it, as about every 3rd load they magically re-appear even without adding or changing mods.

I tried going into the .cfg file to modify the fire buttons but it keeps on going back to my mouse which is a pain.

I'm trying to connect it to my joystick, any help?

I just set mine to an action group for the weapons manager part.

Hi.

Im trying to wire up BDArmory with a kOS script to operate my mech. The problem is that kOS can only use non-stock parts via the right mouse button menu, and the Modules in the part file.

Because of that i can toggle my GAU-8 cannon on and off, but since the part does not have a fire button in its menu the script can't open fire.

I will be very grateful if someone help mi with adding a fire button to the menu so my script can access it.

Hi.

Im trying to wire up BDArmory with a kOS script to operate my mech. The problem is that kOS can only use non-stock parts via the right mouse button menu, and the Modules in the part file.

Because of that i can toggle my GAU-8 cannon on and off, but since the part does not have a fire button in its menu the script can't open fire.

I will be very grateful if someone help mi with adding a fire button to the menu so my script can access it.

What about using a weapon manager to indirectly fire it?

What about using a weapon manager to indirectly fire it?

Probably won't work unless it's on guard mode, which may work if you make the vehicle itself ID targets with guard mode and act as a moving turret, but other than that I don't know of any way to fix your problem.

Hi.

What version of BDArmoury are you using? When I boot my old 0.25 installation and click and hold Toggle Turret in the Gau-8 rightclick menu it fires away happily. I am pretty sure that should work by emulating the same in kOS too.

Probably won't work unless it's on guard mode, which may work if you make the vehicle itself ID targets with guard mode and act as a moving turret, but other than that I don't know of any way to fix your problem.

Why? You just need to select and arm the weapon and press fire. No need for guard modes, though I think you might not even need the manager.

What version of BDArmoury are you using? When I boot my old 0.25 installation and click and hold Toggle Turret in the Gau-8 rightclick menu it fires away happily. I am pretty sure that should work by emulating the same in kOS too.

im on the latest version. weapon manager lets me switch weapons but when i call the "fire" action i get nothing.

there is some "strange" fact i don't know how to describe it, but when i assign the fire function to a action group and press the button for that group i also got nothing( even holding down the key didn't help).

maybe BDArmory is build in such a way it only responses to left click when it comes to shooting. If You have BDArmory installed maybe You can help me check that theory, becouse as seen on pictures below:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.jpg

As You can see on the 1 photo the guns are firing properly and ammo is being used up.

But on the 1 picture where i click the fire button from the menu We can see that the amount of bullets if not going down.

the placement of the menu on the screen in no coincidence because I've noticed that when I click above the pink line i will not fire. i can even click and hold the mouse button above the line and when i get under it i start shooting.

so im guessing that there is a additional layer placed on the screen and its controlling the firing options and the button in the menu is just a way KSP interpreters the code and its some kind of a place holder.

im on the latest version. weapon manager lets me switch weapons but when i call the "fire" action i get nothing.

there is some "strange" fact i don't know how to describe it, but when i assign the fire function to a action group and press the button for that group i also got nothing( even holding down the key didn't help).

maybe BDArmory is build in such a way it only responses to left click when it comes to shooting. If You have BDArmory installed maybe You can help me check that theory, becouse as seen on pictures below:

http://s29.postimg.org/8winwqqs7/Untitled.png

http://s9.postimg.org/chlxjuzan/Untitled2.jpg

As You can see on the 1 photo the guns are firing properly and ammo is being used up.

But on the 1 picture where i click the fire button from the menu We can see that the amount of bullets if not going down.

the placement of the menu on the screen in no coincidence because I've noticed that when I click above the pink line i will not fire. i can even click and hold the mouse button above the line and when i get under it i start shooting.

so im guessing that there is a additional layer placed on the screen and its controlling the firing options and the button in the menu is just a way KSP interpreters the code and its some kind of a place holder.

There is a configuration on BDArmory that allows you to set any key for firing.

The pink lines limits seem to be either because the aim is over an UI or that you are aiming at your own vessel.

If you can get kOS to press a button, you can try changing BDArmory's key.

It's settings.cfg inside of GameData/BDArmory

Hey Bahamuto! Could you update this yo 0.90? And add more bombs? Especially the JDAM! I have an idea for guided bombs by the way... give them control surfaces to let them control their decsent. Also i would like to see cruise missiles...with jet-engines! Maybe you could mimmic the tommahawk? Have it deploy wings, and an air scoop after you release it! Then, when the cruise missile arrives at the target, make it roll on to it's back and dive to the target! By the way IF you do decide to add a cruise missile, for gods sake don't make it fly directly to the target! Make it instead climb to (Make this tweakable) 1000m and of course cruise at this altitude until it's right above the target then make it dive on to the target. Thanks! By the way i LOVE this mod!!

And if you could solve the whole space-time continuum thing so we can get to work by way of wormholes without dealing with that whole time-relativity... err... thing... yeah, that would be swell. If that's too much, I'd settle for an official maintenance release to at least show that you're still active. We'll wait for about a week longer (for the new-year and all that) before we start to get worried and send search parties to your home town.. so no pressure.

Just don't forget the wormholes! There, I've said it. I'm done now...

I love this mod so freaking much. I just enjoy blowing things up and setting up an Anti-Aircraft 'field' of 50cal turrets and trying to get past it. What a challenge!... But it feels like there's a few bits missing. Mind if I throw in a couple suggestions?

I've only had a quick look around, but I don't see a 0.90 mod that adds impact explosives. Would you mind adding those please? Reason is that I made my own mini cruise missiles with 62.5cm parts, but I can't even get the propane tanks next to the SPH to blow up from an impact at 500m/s straight down from the missile... Simplified: Surface attachable, small jar of nitroglycerin (or whatever sensitive explosive) that has one of your epic explosions please! :D. Basically, what I want it to do is when you come it comes in contact with anything, like a building, it'll explode and hopefully bring it down :)

One more suggestion and I'll leave you alone. Some sort of triggered explosive like C4, but mounted on the surface, again. It's more of a self destruct feature if anything, but again, it's for the same cruise missile xD

Thank you in advanced, BahamutoD, I'll check back in a day or so to see if anyone has replied :)

A question, and a suggestion.

The question: Does this already work in 0.90 or are there Behind the Scenes changes that derped up this mod there?

The suggestion: Railguns, you know what these are, but as a suggestion: Make it so they shoot high velocity shots that have small explosions, also try too find some way too make them "Piercing" (They dig holes in crafts), have 2 variants, one that is very large and heavy, also making it more "Heavy-Duty" as well as a smaller, lighter, but less powerful variant.

And if you could solve the whole space-time continuum thing so we can get to work by way of wormholes without dealing with that whole time-relativity... err... thing... yeah, that would be swell. If that's too much, I'd settle for an official maintenance release to at least show that you're still active. We'll wait for about a week longer (for the new-year and all that) before we start to get worried and send search parties to your home town.. so no pressure.

Just don't forget the wormholes! There, I've said it. I'm done now...

Lol love the sarcasm here but yeah if I don't see even a personal update post after the new year I may start getting worried. And you may need to re-route that search party to the pacific since his vacation is in some places there.