Kerbal Space Program: First Contract - The Youtube Playlist

SQUAD

<p><iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u5UiTqBCNQk?list=PLf79AQmcdZFqdPEaoYID848qb-nLzJFwM" width="420"></iframe></p>

<p>We interrupt your regularly scheduled Modding Monday to bring you a big, tasty sandwich of gameplay from Kerbal Space Program: First Contract, otherwise known as update 0.24. Fleetadmiralj was nice enough to compile a playlist of all the 0.24 videos that came out today in preparation for the forthcoming update launch. If you don’t want spoilers, stay away from this playlist. Otherwise, enjoy.</p>

I refreshed the Forums and I saw that it said 242 threads in Daily Kerbal instead of the previous 241 and I just about lost it :). This playlist needed some more attention, its cool you guys did it for FleetAdmiralJ. And thanks for the work on the update... I'm sure one of these next refreshes Daily Kerbal will read 243 threads lol

I hope you're right! My anticipation level is nearing critical. Next up will be a psychotic break i'm guessing.:sticktongue: <--- like that. When it comes out i know it'll be worth the wait, but i might still go kinda crazy(er).

Argh, you didn't release it before I go on holidays :-( now if you release it this weekend I'm not sure I'll be able to enjoy all the beach, alcohol and partying... Guess I'll have to make an effort.

Bah, more videos. Could we have the Modding Monday back instead? And the devs should focus on actually getting 0.24 out instead of posting YT vids. TBH, I don't care about those showcases. Instead of yet another stupid video, I'd rather see the time spent making it go towards development and testing.

Not devs, but people who make the videos are testers, who should be actually testing and making feedback for the devs to act on. And in general, Squad spends too much time advertising, especially considering how terrible some parts of the game are (aerodynamics, memory management...). They should be hiring engineers and physicists instead of animators. It's annoying that I have to install no less than 3 mods (AJE, RF, FAR) just to get airplanes to behave as they should.

Anyway, I don't need videos and especially not an entire channel devoted to showing off stuff. They should make more documentation instead, and work on mechanics that are just blatantly wrong.

Not devs, but people who make the videos are testers, who should be actually testing and making feedback for the devs to act on. And in general, Squad spends too much time advertising, especially considering how terrible some parts of the game are (aerodynamics, memory management...). They should be hiring engineers and physicists instead of animators. It's annoying that I have to install no less than 3 mods (AJE, RF, FAR) just to get airplanes to behave as they should.

Anyway, I don't need videos and especially not an entire channel devoted to showing off stuff. They should make more documentation instead, and work on mechanics that are just blatantly wrong.

The people who made the videos are actually part of the media group (who also get the game early along with the testing group). Their job is to promote the game. (well..not really job. that implies they're employed by squad. But they get the privilege of getting the game early in exchange for promoting it)

I don't really agree with your interpretation of a runup to a update release, but I agree with the sentiment of the effect of a longer wait between updates this year...

However, I would actually like a "behind the scenes" style of doc video of squad. Reminds me of the breakfast GDC interview video from a year or two back. It would be less sterile then embargoes while still controlling intended and unintended announcements. (though still a distraction... but what isn't?)

That's enough rambling from me.

Not devs, but people who make the videos are testers, who should be actually testing and making feedback for the devs to act on. And in general, Squad spends too much time advertising, especially considering how terrible some parts of the game are (aerodynamics, memory management...). They should be hiring engineers and physicists instead of animators.

If Squad didn't have advertising, there wouldn't be an update. They can only make KSP if people buy it, which requires advertising and PR work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.