how have you killed Jeb?

crasher925

so i was playing ksp .23.5 a few days ago and i managed to kill Jeb, I was playing with mods deadly reentry being one of them and i feel back into kerbins atmosphere way to steeply and his rocket burnt up.

my question to you is how have you killed Jeb?

My Jeb has never died. It's insane, he's had the most incredible streaks of luck. Rockets explode, but the capsule survives. Spaceplanes crash, but the cockpit survies. Landings on Eve, Moho, Tylo, Laythe... he returns safely every time. He's never even been stranded somewhere.

Part of it is that I'm now much better at designing ships that do what they're supposed to, and I've got a whole network of unmanned fuel depots (so he doesn't get stranded anywhere) but it's still an improbable streak. Bill and Bob have died, as well as a few others, but Jeb just keeps on truckin'.

Jeb? Never heard of him...

Oh wait, you mean the janitor named Jeb in the VAB?

Last time he died and came from the dead was in 0.13.3. so I recruited him and his friends Bill and Bob to clean all the fuel leaks I have everyday.

After he was the first kerbal in space, I didnt want to let him go anymore (because he is a valuable propaganda asset).

When he managed to sneak on the first mission to leave Kerbin SoI, I put him in a command pod, together with Bob and the other one (first Kerbals on Minmus and Mun). Lots of life support (TAC) and Batteries and parked him outside KSC as a tourist attraction...

Kept him from sneaking on missions...

I never killed Jeb. True - he stepped out of his capsule in flight, and was swept away by the wind. But the fall from over 300 meters did not kill him - Jeb pulled a Houdini, disappearing in a puff of smoke. He will be back in KSC in no time :)

Just experimented with Ironman Career and I have successfully (by accident) killed Jeb permanently. :P

Since I like keeping Jeb around, I'm going to start a fresh save. Without him, the space program is doomed lol. :P

Edit: As a matter fact, why not try a challenge where if you lose Jeb, Bill, or Bob, you must delete your entire save (as your program has failed!). :P

I killed Jeb due to recycling-greed in 0.24. :blush:

I had this Kerbin-orbit mission with a rocket that proved far larger than required, mainly because it was my first asparagus rocket.

So after jettisoning the asparagus-boosters, I could orbit, de-orbit and make a powered+parachute landing of a quite tall two-stage rocket. Landing went perfect - but then it toppled over before I could finish the mission, and the capsule went boom. Most distressing to loose Jeb, just as the mission appeared to be safely ended. ;.;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.