[1.1.2] Rovers & Roadsters v0.7.2

AlphaAsh

hey I'm trying to use your pre built examples and it's saying I'm missing the part 'wheelMedkhorse" is there somewhere I can go to retrieve said part or was it removed and example craft never modified?

- - - Updated - - -

forget that last comment of mine. fyi if a mod needs something like module manager to work please put that in the description.

So....a tad bit of a noobish question...How do I install both the mods listed on this page? (if thats possible) The instructions say to put everything thats n the gamedata folder in the zip, and put in to the KSP gamedata folder....I'm assuming that means put the KashCorp folder in and it should work? However I'm a bit confused as both the mods on this page have the exact same folder named "KashCorp"...

I feel like Im missing something here and I do apologize for this lol ^-^; I'm still rather new to modding KSP so I'm not 100% sure EXACTLY what needs to be done in some cases...>.>;

Like alot of good mods, this one NEEDS better IVA's.

PLEASE!

As well as a little-more stockalike, if possible...

EDIT: Alot of IVA's, judging from the sheer amount of available IVA-able parts.

EDIT2: The wheels also seem to be overheating. All the time.

EDIT3: The jet engines need hotrocket effects, and the jet engines also seem to drain ElectricCharge

Edited by Mekan1k

EDIT2: The wheels also seem to be overheating. All the time.

EDIT3: The jet engines need hotrocket effects, and the jet engines also seem to drain ElectricCharge

Yup, the wheels overheating is bugging me as well and I'm looking for a fix. As for the jet engines, that one is bizarre since they're supposed to generate EC. Will investigate.

- - - Updated - - -

So....a tad bit of a noobish question...How do I install both the mods listed on this page? (if thats possible) The instructions say to put everything thats n the gamedata folder in the zip, and put in to the KSP gamedata folder....I'm assuming that means put the KashCorp folder in and it should work? However I'm a bit confused as both the mods on this page have the exact same folder named "KashCorp"...

I feel like Im missing something here and I do apologize for this lol ^-^; I'm still rather new to modding KSP so I'm not 100% sure EXACTLY what needs to be done in some cases...>.>;

kashcorpinstall.jpg

Here's my K-10 with a Generika and two Micro-whooshes. I emptied the charge and batterylife from the battery in the SPH before taking off and the only system that needs EC is the cockpit and its SAS.

alternators.png

The three alternators of the jets are charging the battery. So, I can't re-produce this issue you're having of the jets draining EC.

(Cockpit is from QuizTech Aero Pack by Quiznos323. It's awesome.)

Edited by AlphaAsh

For some reason, the rover mod seems to be breaking things with 1.0.2. No data on the navball, no staging, no surface speed, breaks the background (have to resume and go to map and back). Loads stuck in terrain, can't move forward or back. Would love to use this mod, it looks fantastic.

For some reason, the rover mod seems to be breaking things with 1.0.2. No data on the navball, no staging, no surface speed, breaks the background (have to resume and go to map and back). Loads stuck in terrain, can't move forward or back. Would love to use this mod, it looks fantastic.

Uh huh. I'd suggest checking this before I can begin to help you.

Slept on this and engaged experienced support brain.

You haven't attached the wheels orientated correctly. This isn't a bug in Rovers & Roadsters. This is a bug with wheels in KSP. The top of the T on the axle has to be at the top. This is a common issue with all wheels in KSP.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just installed the KAP mod.

I tried using the generator with the petroltank. But both start out empty. I checked the config files. In the folders and it seems you have not defined, resource = petrol.

Waerth

Hi just installed the KAP mod.

I tried using the generator with the petroltank. But both start out empty. I checked the config files. In the folders and it seems you have not defined, resource = petrol.

Waerth

Yup, the custom resource is missing in the latest release. I'll get that sorted. Thank you for the heads-up.

Great. After years of playing I am now modding my own install. With Sounding Rockets, the V-2 in Tantares, redstone in OMSK, remote tech2, and a number of your parts combined I am making an early start to my Techtree without the KSP parts. As this is a limited scope it doesnt seem to difficult, I have mastered all the .cfg skills. The rest of the techtree I will leave untouched so all parts go as intended. I will also release a first version this week (with only sounding rockets v2 and redstone). I just found your mod today so have to get my head around where what would fit in!

W

ps apart from editing techtree.cfg I am using MM to apply patches ... works great!

I̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶m̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶l̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶b̶b̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶l̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶(̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶d̶)̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶(̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶.̶

Edit: Sorry, found out this is a known issue a few pages back

Edited by Gawdin

I̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶m̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶l̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶e̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶b̶b̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶l̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶(̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶d̶)̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶ ̶i̶d̶e̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶(̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶s̶.̶

Edit: Sorry, found out this is a known issue a few pages back

I'll be looking at this today. If I can't fix it, I'll pull the part for the next release until I can fix it. Sorry bout this.

• 2 weeks later...
@AlphaAsh I verified the CKAN entry I made for these mods - CKAN bot picked up your update without you (or me) needing to change a thing.

Thank you. I don't bother managing the CKAN setup myself because one of the requirements I have for such a service is that I shouldn't have to. I still appreciate it's value and you though. Here's hoping improvements to CKAN in the future means you don't have to do anything either.

v2.2.1 of Kerbin's Age of Pioneers available from KerbalStuff.

Changelog:

- Fixed the World-ender's thrust, fuel consumption and emission FX.

- Removed fairing module. The World-ender isn't supposed to have one anyway.

- Removed redundant experiments from some parts.

- Reviewed available experiments on other parts.

- Kanine Pod has a kanine observation experiment.

- 2.50 Inline Probe has a mass data analysis experiment.

- Satellite dishes have a satallite diagnostic experiment.

- Updated science defs.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone else interested in using the Runabout or Racing pods for gathering science, here's a quick MM config to permit science storage.

@PART[kap1x05runabout]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleScienceContainer

reviewActionName = Review Stored Data

storeActionName = Store Experiments

evaOnlyStorage = True

storageRange = 1.3

}

}

@PART[kapracingpod]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleScienceContainer

reviewActionName = Review Stored Data

storeActionName = Store Experiments

evaOnlyStorage = True

storageRange = 1.3

}

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.