How often do you get new Kerbals in the astronaut complex?

A lot. I've colonized a lot of the system. Almost 100 Kerbals each on the Mun and Minmus, 23 on Eve and 10 on Gilly, 24 on Duna and 20 on Ike, 8 on Moho, 25 on Dres, and 10 on Eeloo. Plus one poor Kerbal on Bop - I'm still working on landing the little guys on Jool's moons. And yeah, until I get a lot better at the game, they're all one-way trips.

I have a lot of fun seeing all the different names that get generated.

I don't know the exact interval, but whenever I fast-forward by a few Kerbin-weeks to get to a new launch window, or interplanetary course correction, etc, I can usually check and find an entirely new list of recruits in the astronaut complex. You're free to hire as few or as many as you want there.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm also having this issue. I've gone about two Kerbin weeks without any new applicants. I'm a little picky about not hiring stupid astronauts (I use EL) and so I don't really want to just chance it by clicking the 'Fill' crew button. Same as SmarterThanMe I am using Ship Manifest and can't create astronauts with that either. Can anyone recommend a fix so that I can start my colonization mission finally?

EDIT: My current workaround: a python script that randomly generates Kerbals and lets me select which ones I want to hire and then outputs the appropriate persistence section. Crude, but functional.

Edited by Booots

Same here; I haven't actually hired anybody since starting the new career save and I'm pretty much holding the guys I've rescued in reserve for permanent flag planting duties.

If nobody's showing up in your Astronaut Complex, that does sound like a bug. I might have to visit the astronaut complex myself next chance I get to see if the same thing's happening to me or not.

I've got plenty of them from space around Kerbin.

If your Astronaut Complex is not operational that might be a mod problem. Once I've filled ~30 spaces dome within minutes. They appear in packs of eight. I suppose you should have empty "free crew" window.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.