[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

Hopping in :)

Ping me if you want to collaborate on an official, fully integrated MKS/Karbonite/EL pack with new models and other goodness. I have ideas :)

I would LOVE this. I like that this conversion uses the MKS model for the workshop, but wish that it integrated with the MKS rules, such as efficiency and need for replacement parts and whatnot. :)

I have issues with the Ore/Mineral drills, rightclicking them only gives me the ability to deploy and then retract, but no extracting button. Also SCANsat doesn't work for me at all, can use anything function by rightclicking scanners, and nothing shows up in the toolbar either, could that be a general conflict with ORS? Anyone got a lead?

sounds like maybe an ORS conflict of some kind for the drills. you will want the latest ORS*_*_*.dll version you have in the ORS folder. You want to have a copy of the 1_2_0 dll in your USI folder (if this is missing, and you don't have ORS v1_2_0.dll in your ORS folder, your USI drills and many other USI modules break). SCANsat should have a copy of the ORS v1_1_0.dll in its plugin folder (removing or changing versions causes your big map to go blank when using ORS overlays)

And I think this conversion adds the USI resource extraction method to the EPL drills, so an ORS conflict would likely break them too.

sounds like maybe an ORS conflict of some kind for the drills. you will want the latest ORS*_*_*.dll version you have in the ORS folder. You want to have a copy of the 1_2_0 dll in your USI folder (if this is missing, and you don't have ORS v1_2_0.dll in your ORS folder, your USI drills and many other USI modules break). SCANsat should have a copy of the ORS v1_1_0.dll in its plugin folder (removing or changing versions causes your big map to go blank when using ORS overlays)

And I think this conversion adds the USI resource extraction method to the EPL drills, so an ORS conflict would likely break them too.

Thanks a lot! I found that my ORS used the 1_1_0 dll, I updated it to 1_3_0. The USI has 1_2_0 but the SCANsat.... was quite confusing. I had 3 folders: SCANsat, SCANassets, SCANdebug(I think I messed up heavily when downloading a zip from the github page). Could you give me a link to a SCANsat zip-pack that contains the correct content? All I've found seems either be missing the plugins folder or comes as a development pack, source or something.

Thanks a lot! I found that my ORS used the 1_1_0 dll, I updated it to 1_3_0. The USI has 1_2_0 but the SCANsat.... was quite confusing. I had 3 folders: SCANsat, SCANassets, SCANdebug(I think I messed up heavily when downloading a zip from the github page). Could you give me a link to a SCANsat zip-pack that contains the correct content? All I've found seems either be missing the plugins folder or comes as a development pack, source or something.

Heads up. First - CRP is not compatible with the latest KSPI. Also, Fractal jumped a version without integrating our changes, so really 0.1.3 is further behind than 0.1.2... which is confusing.

I expect these will fall in sync soon (either that, or I'll say screw it and fork and be done with it).

Greetings to everyone in this thread! May I ask you one question, please? I'm a newbie in modding, so I wasn't able to install Kethane mod properly - and Karbonite seems to have much less strange bugs, so Karbonite it is. The only problem is that I'm not able to mine any ore with any kind of drill or auger. I REALLY hoped this particular mode was gonna help - but, alas, it didn't. Every above mentioned feature concerning ore processing - smelting, RocketParts production etc. - works just fine, however, none of the features purposed for ore mining - nither detectors, nor drills or augers - do not show any options awhich would allow me to perform ore extraction. Please, help! What am I doing wrong? I've got all the latest versions of the mods needed, and I'm getting desperate here...

Have you considered including KSP-AVC support Wombat? (Tried to search AVC, KSP-AVC but nothing found).

This mod is wonderful and I think everyone would appreciate being informed about new version :)

Thanks for quick answer, friend! I've installed the plug-in, and it found newer versions for 4 mods I have i my GameData folder. To avoid any mistakes, I've gone and deleted my KSP folder completely, re-installed the newer versions, and imported my saves into the fresh-out-of-the-oven KSP folder.

Still, after all the effort I put to this, it was to no avail. Same problem persisted. I've done a complete check on all drills and augers on all types of deposits - none of them mine me any ore.

I built a hovercraft able to get any kind of drill needed to the closest ore deposit:

YewXaUN.png

My hands were literally shaking with suspension when deployed the drill, but...

gURi5aH.png

The darn thing just won't give me the "Extract Ore or whatever" option!

Not to worry, I said to myself. There are 2 more drills to go! One of them at least MUST work! But...

iwEl6E2.png

Same here, only this Tiny Auger won't even extract Karbonite - and not surprisingly)

Without any hope for success, I gave a try to a Kethane drill as well...

D5Elue1.png

Well, what did I expect? It's not even Kethane ore deposit anyway... Wasn't even worth a try.

But there's still hope! I've got a Kethane-Ore-Deposit nearby, let's get my hovercraft there!

eWnT9Rv.png

erwFE41.png

Well, I've pretty much ran out of options. Karbonite mod drill on a Kethane mod deposit, prob'ly?

u4gbjbB.png

Nope... The Kraken is laughing at my futile efforts.

So, what might the problem be here? Let me put it straight this time:

Problem: The drills won't mine ore. No kind of drill, no kind of ore, from 3 different mods.

System: Windows 8

Mods installed: 0SRktn4.png?1

Output_log file: https://yadi.sk/i/iI5VgYIHbhqSs

Save folder: https://yadi.sk/d/XxIes2SabhqZ7

Assuming you have MKS, which drill are you using? Do you have space for ore? What happens when you right click said drill?

Nope, I didn't use MKS, there were 3 drills: Kethane small drill, Karbonite radial drill, Tiny Auger (not sure which mod is this one from - IPL, I assume)

Is your drill placed low enough? I believe it has to go a certain distance into the ground to work.

Yes, I totally made sure of 4 things: I have enough energy, I've got an Ore container, my drills are placed at the Ore deposits and hit the ground properly.

It looks like Karbonite .41 broke some of this. "ORSModuleRailsExtraction" is now "ORSX_ModuleResourceExtraction". There's also "ORSX_AnimationGroup". There are likely other things.

Seems that you, sir, are right! After uninstalling Karbonite and all its buddies from GameData, Kethane started working properly, now I at least can mine Ore from Kethane deposits with IPL augers! :D Such a nice feeling)

A pity, though, that this problem makes Karbonite unavailable - I started to like their handy hover engines:(

Thanks a bunch to your friendly community! After so many years on the Web, I wasn't even expecting so much help) You are great!

Seems that you, sir, are right! After uninstalling Karbonite and all its buddies from GameData, Kethane started working properly, now I at least can mine Ore from Kethane deposits with IPL augers! :D Such a nice feeling)

A pity, though, that this problem makes Karbonite unavailable - I started to like their handy hover engines:(

You can just change the ORS version to ORSX in the cfg. It's not hard.

Ok, so after some more testing of the updated EPL config I realized I missed something. So if you used the last one please download this one or the Augers won't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yio49rq116fn25/EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg?dl=0

@Viragos, not sure what config you are using as I'm not seeing that reflected in the files. Here are the relevant entries.

title = Blast Furnace Mk. II
RESOURCE
{
name = Metal
amount = 0
maxAmount = 160
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Ore
amount = 0
maxAmount = 2048
}

RESOURCE
{
name = ScrapMetal
amount = 0
maxAmount = 250
}

title = Blast Furnace
RESOURCE
{
name = Metal
amount = 0
maxAmount = 320
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Ore
amount = 0
maxAmount = 4096
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ScrapMetal
amount = 0
maxAmount = 500
}

title = Miniature Blast Furnace
RESOURCE
{
name = Metal
amount = 0
maxAmount = 80
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Ore
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1024
}
RESOURCE
{
name = ScrapMetal
amount = 0
maxAmount = 125
}

Edited by Nori

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I made a config to add some useful inflatable parts.

Basically it adds a inflatable metal module and another ore one.

$PART[OKS_Storage_RocketParts]:FINAL
{
@name = OKS_Storage_Metal
@title = Inflatable Storage Module (ISM) - Metal

!MODULE[USIAnimation]{}
!RESOURCE[RocketParts]{}

RESOURCE
{
name = Metal
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1
isTweakable = True
}

MODULE
{
name = USIAnimation
deployAnimationName = Inflate
inflatable = true
inflatedResources = Metal,2125
}
}

$PART[OKS_Storage_RocketParts]:FINAL
{
@name = OKS_Storage_Ore
@title = Inflatable Storage Module (ISM) - Ore

!MODULE[USIAnimation]{}
!RESOURCE[RocketParts]{}

RESOURCE
{
name = Ore
amount = 0
maxAmount = 1
isTweakable = True
}

MODULE
{
name = USIAnimation
deployAnimationName = Inflate
inflatable = true
inflatedResources = Ore,2500
}
}

Help! I have downloaded all your files and for some reason i cant find out how to detect Ore using any of the sensors! No EPL sensors lets me scan, even though i can use the new parts. I have no idea whats not working and/or why. can i please get some suggestions of things i can try please

I'll chime in with the same issueas Firespark. I first installed Extraplanetary Launchpads, then I installed Karbonite, then the patch in this thread (I elected not to add the Wombat parts as it says it's optional.) The part that scans for ore (Magnetometer) is not clickable when attached and launched. None of the Karbonite drills have the option to mine ore, and even the augers from EPL are not clickable either. (by clickable, I mean you cannot get a menu to pop up on screen like is common for so many parts.)

I'll chime in with the same issueas Firespark. I first installed Extraplanetary Launchpads, then I installed Karbonite, then the patch in this thread (I elected not to add the Wombat parts as it says it's optional.) The part that scans for ore (Magnetometer) is not clickable when attached and launched. None of the Karbonite drills have the option to mine ore, and even the augers from EPL are not clickable either. (by clickable, I mean you cannot get a menu to pop up on screen like is common for so many parts.)

Much more useful. Thanks. The patch I provided should go in to replace the existing one from the download on the first page. It goes in GameData\ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg

You do need Module Manger too (karbonite comes with it, but best to verify that the DLL is in gamedata).

Lastly, please verify that the EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg file has the following: (the key part is the name = ORSX_ModuleRailsExtraction)

//=====Drills=======

@PART[Auger]
{
MODULE
{
name = ORSX_ModuleRailsExtraction
powerConsumptionLand = 2.5
extractionRateLandPerTon = 1
resourceName = Ore
unitName = Ore Extractor
extractActionName = Extract Ore
stopActionName = Stop Ore Extraction