Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

I prefer the design of RL battleships and frigates which is why I've gone for the single hull. Even at full speed that thing won't flip on a turn. :)

Hehe. The real demonstration videos of the LCS are certainly impressive, and I grew to like trimaran from watching that ship...

It docked in San Diego a short while ago. Quite an impressive ship, but I prefer the Zumwalt Class.

Also, the Independence is a RL ship. :) :)

The Zumwalt is amazing looking! I assume its shaped like that because its stealth?

You've got stealth jets and ships, when are the stealth tanks coming along! ;)

When Mossad gives up the blueprints to the Merkava Mk IVm Windbreaker.

3AlGOQl.jpg

Just kidding. I'm waiting for the P.R.C to 'steal' (... 'purchase' ...) the blueprints from Israel. XD XD

In case you're wondering, I'm not Chinese.

Edited by andrew123

The PL-01 is where its that. More an AFV than a full sized tank but it shows the technology is here.

We're stuck with Challengers for the next 30 years or so. :/ A great tank but doesn't have stealth or active defence systems. Abrams is in the same situation.

The PL-01 is where its that. More an AFV than a full sized tank but it shows the technology is here.

We're stuck with Challengers for the next 30 years or so. :/ A great tank but doesn't have stealth or active defence systems. Abrams is in the same situation.

The Merkava has some limited stealth systems, but not really a dedicated design.

Also, it's funny how the Iranian revolution was timed. A few more years, and the Shah/Ayatollah would've had Challengers with ERA armor block. The Iran-Iraq war would've been interesting indeed...

Of course, they had the Tomcat... and illegally acquired the aim-54 phoenix's thermal batteries.

They even got desperate enough to fit a HAWK SAM missile onto a F-14. I don't even...

IJDufv6.jpg

Also, that's a sad sight to see... at least we commissioned the CVN-78. Ford Class super carriers are now ready to roll.

We just need to get the Zumwalt's trials done with...

OFkAxaM.jpg

Edited by andrew123

The royal navy is going to be getting the HMS Queen Elizabeth in a few years, when finished it will be accompanied by type 45 destroyers and type 26 frigates.

type-26-global-combat-ship-dsei-03.jpg

Type_45_Destroyer_HMS_Daring_in_the_English_Channel_MOD_45151622.jpg

_76046615_023015222-1.jpg

Anyway, back on topic. Frozen, do you want the battleship download?

Edited by Megalodon 720

The royal navy is going to be getting the HMS Queen Elizabeth in a few years, when finished it will be accompanied by type 45 destroyers and type 26 frigates.

http://media.defenceindustrydaily.com/images/SHIP_FFG_Type-26_FSC_Concept_Front_lg.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Type_45_Destroyer_HMS_Daring_in_the_English_Channel_MOD_45151622.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/76046000/jpg/_76046615_023015222-1.jpg

Thales I-mast FTW! Well, I still prefer the SPY-1D and Aegis baseline.

Also, have you tried moving the engine back? Trying to put something in the engine sometimes blocks the thrust.

Also, I was in Portsmouth for the last few days and it was sad to see this old ship being decommissioned.

Do we not have any carriers anymore?

Also a fellow Brit!

Yes please :) Need to study some designs.

Do we not have any carriers anymore?

Also a fellow Brit!

Yes please :) Need to study some designs.

The French still have a nuclear aircraft carrier.

They just need to actually get it to work, though... staying in maintenance for most of its life doesn't help its appeal...

Sorry for the late reply; time zones and what not. Anyway, we may have to postpone this battle until I've gone through a few old messages and pieced together a fleet that actually stands a chance against the legions of the MU. I'll PM you when my fleet is organized.

That's alright, just let me know if you need any help in setting up your fleet (once you complete it), and/or making your move (I set up, so you get to move first).

I've been watching this thread (and it's predecessors) for a long time, always meaning to participate. I've put good time into the development of ships and missiles, to the point where my missiles are at least on par with thise of the experienced players. But I keep leaving all the ships, both sea-wise and space-wise unfinished. I keep getting discouraged by the boredom I get while building the armor, the high part counts I keep reaching, the toughness of getting the symmetry I want, and my own thoughts about how awesome my weaponry is. Does anyone here have any advice on how I can focus enough to get some ships completed so I can participate and use my missiles? I only have 7 ships, 5 dating back to just after Macey Dean left YouTube (possibly preceding his submissions video), so I kind of need to step up my game.

Edited by Noname117

Try fast tracking some of those unfinished ships by mushing existing ones into it. It won't work as well or be as pretty but it'll do you until you get one right. But if you feel something isn't right about the ship start again. Fourth or fifth try should get something going.

.25 craft preservation project ''ark'' is underway.

j1wAzdE.png

Edited by Spartwo

I've been watching this thread (and it's predecessors) for a long time, always meaning to participate. I've put good time into the development of ships and missiles, to the point where my missiles are at least on par with thise of the experienced players. But I keep leaving all the ships, both sea-wise and space-wise unfinished. I keep getting discouraged by the boredom I get while building the armor, the high part counts I keep reaching, the toughness of getting the symmetry I want, and my own thoughts about how awesome my weaponry is. Does anyone here have any advice on how I can focus enough to get some ships completed so I can participate and use my missiles? I only have 7 ships, 5 dating back to just after Macey Dean left YouTube (possibly preceding his submissions video), so I kind of need to step up my game.

I personally used a brute force approach. I never took apart other ships to look at them, but I just kept on building ships until I got to the "golden" designs, so to speak.

Of course, that creates the problem of spammed craft, which many people here can attest to... hehe...

That might explain why I like integrated designs...

Also, I have some new missiles to deploy (Aim-9 on steroids and a new cruise missile). My LCS Independence and Ajax-class cruiser are getting equipped when I have time... :)

Edited by andrew123

I personally used a brute force approach. I never took apart other ships to look at them, but I just kept on building ships until I got to the "golden" designs, so to speak.

Of course, that creates the problem of spammed craft, which many people here can attest to... hehe...

Also, I have some new missiles to deploy (Aim-9 on steroids and a new cruise missile). My LCS Independence and Avant-class cruiser are getting equipped when I have time. :)

Its worked though! All your latest craft have been damn good! :)

Personally I always study others ships to find out new building techniques and how things are done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.