Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

Are all our old aircraft going to be compatible with 0.25? I hope so or I've got a lot of rebuilding to do...

Speaking of aircraft I've finally got the new fighter working. :) Turns out the engine was blocked by the long tail piece and just needed to be moved slightly further back.

8HAKQ8a.png

oAVUDm3.png

Are all our old aircraft going to be compatible with 0.25? I hope so or I've got a lot of rebuilding to do...

Speaking of aircraft I've finally got the new fighter working. :) Turns out the engine was blocked by the long tail piece and just needed to be moved slightly further back.

http://i.imgur.com/8HAKQ8a.png

http://i.imgur.com/oAVUDm3.png

That looks like one of those soviet prop-jet hybrids. Of course, I preferred the old Sabre, but that looks like a classic Mig on steroids. I like it. :)

As we don't have props that's generally the look I try to go for. The Yak 15 is one of my favourites. :) If only they'd given the Spit the same treatment...

I personally prefer the Hawker Tempest. I still have fond memories of flying it in IL2 1946. :)

http://i.imgur.com/8HAKQ8a.png

http://i.imgur.com/oAVUDm3.png

This is just in-case they spring SP+ on us without warning I have these as backups and the originals stay as they are.

Iamonfire who goes first?

ns0nPUq.png

(so heavily WIP that the two differ already)

Edited by Spartwo

I actually saw a MiG 15 in Yeovilton a few days ago, up close they're absolutely beautiful. Frozen's jet only slightly resembles one but I don't know what it's based on (if anything).

Its meant to look very loosely like a P-47 crossed with a Hurricane. :P However as we don't have props I've had to stick a jet underneath.

A Yak-15 would need a smaller jet engine part. (Which I also hope we get eventually)

note: Yak 15 and Mig 15 are different aircraft.... Yeah it looks nothing like a Mig.

I see, I would also like smaller jets, mainly for little drones.

Smaller jets would be excellent... then I can complete my arsenal.

I already have a prototype, but until smaller jets are made stock, I can't complete it.

A smaller radial intake would also be greatly appreciated... :P

Also, some missile views. This is the long range tomahawk cruise missile prototype with a reinforced warhead. Will update with jet engine if it is added to the stock game. The missile views are from the TERCOM navigation system.

Nose-mounted seeker/TERCOM SAR radar sensor view.

OfeS9EA.png

Missile in flight cruises at mach 2.

Ub4ONpC.jpg

PS: Missile is VLS launched with a separating booster. Im contemplating integrating dedicated VLS launch cells into the I-mast destroyer.

Edited by andrew123

Erm... I just watched the LOK season 3 finale... that was pretty extreme, considering they marked it as a "children's show". I mean, the main character gets mercury poisoning and gets confined to a wheelchair.... and this is the sequel to the last airbender. 0_o

The next season's going to be pretty dark... they included anarchist terrorists hell-bent on assassinations, world leaders getting assassinated, political and social issues, and even technological development from airships to radios and even moving pictures (Rockets are coming into play, I presume)... Pretty interesting "children's show". :P

Considering my experience of a minor run-in with mercury poisoning as a toddler, that was pretty interesting.

Also, I really want to petition squad to implement small jets.

Anyways, back on topic!

I introduce the BUFF. Operation Linbacker, here I come! The NVA'll never know what hit 'em! (It even includes an engine inspections system which allows ground crews to open up and maintain the large engines.)

UdBODWS.png

It has a HUGE bomb bay.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Prototype of the aerially deployed naval minefield. Any vessel hitting this area denial weapon at a high speed is a goner.

lSP9Ws6.png

I just need to perfect the dispersion system.

Naval mine laying vessel incoming.

My strategy underwent a revamp. I lay mines around the hostile fleet, preventing them from escaping, and then I subsequently destroy the vessels at range using my tomahawk cruise missiles. My AIM-9X and Iron Pike missiles could also work.

Edited by andrew123

Yeah, start of college affecting anyone else? I know that has very much eaten into my KSP playing time. That and I've been trying out some mods. If anyone wants to battle I'll be up for it, just don't expect super quick responses.

Erm... I just watched the LOK season 3 finale... that was pretty extreme, considering they marked it as a "children's show". I mean, the main character gets mercury poisoning and gets confined to a wheelchair.... and this is the sequel to the last airbender. 0_o

The next season's going to be pretty dark... they included anarchist terrorists hell-bent on assassinations, world leaders getting assassinated, political and social issues, and even technological development from airships to radios and even moving pictures (Rockets are coming into play, I presume)... Pretty interesting "children's show". :P

Considering my experience of a minor run-in with mercury poisoning as a toddler, that was pretty interesting.

Also, I really want to petition squad to implement small jets.

Anyways, back on topic!

I introduce the BUFF. Operation Linbacker, here I come! The NVA'll never know what hit 'em! (It even includes an engine inspections system which allows ground crews to open up and maintain the large engines.)

http://i.imgur.com/UdBODWS.png

It has a HUGE bomb bay.

http://imgur.com/a/gJa51

Prototype of the aerially deployed naval minefield. Any vessel hitting this area denial weapon at a high speed is a goner.

http://i.imgur.com/lSP9Ws6.png

I just need to perfect the dispersion system.

Naval mine laying vessel incoming.

My strategy underwent a revamp. I lay mines around the hostile fleet, preventing them from escaping, and then I subsequently destroy the vessels at range using my tomahawk cruise missiles. My AIM-9X and Iron Pike missiles could also work.

None of my vessels go over 10 m/s, those mines would be completely useless against them.:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.