[1.0.2] One-Eye Industries- Back in Action! [v1.1]

OrbitusII

Well, I'd put that monster engine in a new thread.

I'm considering it, but I think it would be too much work to maintain two fairly active threads. I'll figure it out sometime, first I need to get the engine some custom particle effects and work on OneEye more.

Oh dear lord I remember that engine. Thing would overheat if you looked at it funny but back when the most powerful engine ingame was the LVT-30 this thing was a beast.

It still does, and it still is! I can't launch those fourteen 14400s because I need too much throttle to lift it but man, is it a fun engine!

My computer has been unpacked since Friday, but my days have been packed and I haven't had much time outside of all the orientation we have. Thursday is when classes start so I'll at least have a consistent schedule starting then. I'll probably start back up around then. Since I already have homework, it's going to be pretty crazy for a little while.

Edited by OrbitusII

Bump/Status Update: Modular SRBs. :D

UaRi4Rn.png

I decided to pull the trigger and work on the boosters for the launchers. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure how I want to do these. I'm unsure whether I should go with "more sections = longer burn" or "more sections = more thrust" (which is the current setup). It's a conflict between staying true to KSP's unrealistic systems or leaning towards realism and I don't know where I stand.

I'll do a mini-release of the SRBs when I get some texturing done. That release will include a poll on this thread so that you can let me know which style you prefer. Now, back to balancing against stock...

I've been wanting to do that for a while, but due to my lack of modding skills I put it off. :P I think you should make 1.875 meter SRB's, they're very close in proportions to what real life Space Shuttle / SLS SRB's are compared to the 3.75 meter tanks.

I've been wanting to do that for a while, but due to my lack of modding skills I put it off. :P I think you should make 1.875 meter SRB's, they're very close in proportions to what real life Space Shuttle / SLS SRB's are compared to the 3.75 meter tanks.

Sure! I can definitely do 1.875m SRBs.

Modular SRBS! Huh interesting... I have seen it before, but It's outdated.

If there is another mod that exists, even if it's outdated, I'd love to take a look at it! The cool thing about these modular SRBs is that they work without plugins.

While plugins add a lot of neat functionality, stock stuff already has means of doing cool things. That's why I won't be using any plugins for developing the base OneEye pack. I may eventually create a plugin to handle the modular SRBs better alongside some of the functionality I mention in this post, but the base version of OneEye will be 100% plugin-free!

On SRBs--they're really meant to be sustainers for other engines. I might go with more segments = more burn time :P

Interesting... This is why I'll be doing a pre-release with both options so I can get a good consensus on how it should work.

Oh, just a random thing I thought of: On the first post, there's my DRE config which I put, but it uses ModuleManager, and it doesn't say that. Do you think you should make it say that it uses ModuleManager?

Yeah, I can fix that real quick.

Finally started texturing the crew capsule and oh my dayum does it look sick.

JMwPhVE.png

The magic of bumped textures, folks!

Naturally I'd like feedback on the texture. I like the Soyuz-esque texture but the capsule is originally based off of Vostok, which was a smooth ball of metal. There's a lot of things I can do to the texture so don't worry if something seems out of reach. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't know at least some of what I was doing. :wink:

A little extension for Toolbar that shows engine data like thrust output and loss. Designed for helping people who fly multi-jet SSTOs like the Aeris 4A a lot.

Download (Dropbox)

As with all my mods, licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0

Edited by OrbitusII

Ah, yes PROGRESS!!!!!!!! Anyway, how's the solar panel going?

Still need to work on that. Honestly it's slipped my mind recently because I've been developing my first SSTO in KSP and programming the game I'm working on with Helldiver. (more on that in a blog post sometime in the far(?) future)

You can really tell I've been making progress there by looking at this:

df0raeZ.png

Basically, unless you know what we're doing with the game this image means nothing. :P We're keeping under lock and key until we have a tech demo (and even when we do this is not the place for it).

Edited by OrbitusII

Oh, thanks for telling me about the solar panel. But seriously, what is that image supposed to be of, other then something useless?

Oh, it's far from useless, but it seems useless at first glance. :confused: In short it's a part of the inventory and customization systems. What you're seeing is the primary script mapping where its attachment nodes are. That's all I'm going to say, but it's cool stuff. :cool:

Edited by OrbitusII

Working on texturing the fairings:

Ig7CoAR.png

Still a lot to do before any update is released, but I'm getting there. Gotta finish the crew capsule adapter (no parachute functionality for that right now), solar panels, and fairing base. After those are done, I'll finish up the SRBs (I'll also release those for functionality testing soon) and work on an end cap and LES to close up the top of the fairings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.