Warp Stopper - Ver. 1.2.0 Stop your warp with a single tap of a bindable button! Updated!

FiresThatBurn

Hi! I have created my first plugin! Simple plugin! All the information and license things are all on the Kerbal Stuff page :) Source is there to.

What it does

Add the ability to stop warp using a bindable key. Very useful for interplanetary warps. Sorry about no screenshots. Its not much of a screenshot mod

Download:

Mod & Source Link

INSTALLATION

Remove all traces of the mod from your gamedata if you have an older version Extract RandomIndustrys into your GameData in the KSP root folder ??? Profit!

TODO

Add a shrinkable menu. Suggestions :)

Suggestions?

PM me on the forums.

OR

Feel free to PM me on Reddit /u/Real_Some_Random_Guy

Versions

Version 1.2.0: Added 'open this menu' bindable key

Version 1.1.0: Added ability to change key bind.

Version 1.0.0: Mod released. Added the ability to stop Warp using the "z" key.

If you encounter an error

Try to recreate the bug. If the bug occurs again. Try to reinstall Warp Stopper on a fresh version of KSP with NO mods! Just WS. If the issue still persists, Pastebin the logs and send them in a pm to me on the forums.

Thanks to Jetwave and everyone who helped me on the #KSPModders Esper.net Channel! If they didn't exist this mod wouldn't exist!

Edited by FiresThatBurn
Fixed for SpaceDock and sourcfe update

YES ! I've been waiting for that, thanks ! You might want to change the z key though as I know other mods use it.

Came here to say just this.

FloorIt uses Z to go full throttle, but I don't know if that key would even function while in warp. I'll check

(EDIT) Nope, "Z" for FloorIt does nothing while in Warp :)

Edited by Eleven
Checked Conflicting Keys

Does this respond faster than an action group set to do the same thing? I think there's an (extremely annoying) cooldown between actions when I try to make short hops (warp on -> warp off asap). If it gets past that you have my extreme gratitude.

I believe so. It depends on how fast the game processes it. I guess so. There isnt a cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, people have said Z would cause problems. With floorit. It would in phys timewarp.

Oh yea. forgot about PhysTimeWarp...no issues at all with regular warp tho!

This...looks very useful! Neat!

One note, however: per the new addon rules, the license *does* have to be in the OP as well.

Ah, I have it linked in the Kerbal Stuff page but I'll link it here too. thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

is it possible to enable this in the Space Center and Tracking Station too?

No. It's only in Flight ATM. I am going to change that most likely in Ver. 1.2

i'm the unofficial maintainer of FloorIt over on Curse, so i'll put a notice in to be wary of using both this and it during physwarp

A lot of people have told me FloorIt is a problem. The key now is just temporary. I believe the update that will change it should be out later today.

A lot of people have told me FloorIt is a problem. The key now is just temporary. I believe the update that will change it should be out later today.

Hey, this is a good little mod.. but regarding the keybind issue, could I make a suggestion?

Is it possible to use the same keybind as the 'cut engines' bind? I've often wished that the cut engines (defaults to 'x') key could also stop warp, since it's generally my panic key anyways... heh.

Ideally it wouldn't replace the cut engines action, but execute alongside it.

Hey, this is a good little mod.. but regarding the keybind issue, could I make a suggestion?

Is it possible to use the same keybind as the 'cut engines' bind? I've often wished that the cut engines (defaults to 'x') key could also stop warp, since it's generally my panic key anyways... heh.

Ideally it wouldn't replace the cut engines action, but execute alongside it.

As I've said. Next update with have bindable keys :) "generally my panic key" Hehe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.