[Release][V3.2][KSP 1.2] Interstellar Flight Inc. - Kerbal Life Support Mod

Stavell

One thing to note even if a Pod with crew doesn't contain the LifeSupport Resource you do need to add the IFILifeSupport module to the part or any Kerbal on that part will not consume resources. I programed the module this way to make tracking LS easier and to keep from having to code tracking for docking and de-docking of vessels. Basicly if the part containing the IFILifeSupport module has no kerbal actively in it the PartModule onUpdate does not fire - which saves CPU time on large vessels and makes tracking even when crew is transferred easier to code.

Y

The ModuleManager_Squad.cfg didn't make sense to me, if it did I would of made the universal MM config myself.

1 crew = 7 LS

2 crew = 12 LS

3 crew = 14 LS

I based the 3 stock pods - off of real life Mercury Gemini and Apollo capsules - without service modules - the I fudged the MK I pod to 7 units because in career you needed the ability to go-to the mun and back and at the time I didn't have a LS Tank so for playability I made it 7 units the real Mercury had at most 2 days worth in the specs listed on the wiki.

I had planned to revisit the numbers but had not got around to it.

The Vostok that Gagarin was in had 10 days of supplies in case the retro rockets didn't work in case the orbit had to decay naturally.

Yes and as has happen on a few of my Kerbal missions( lasting longer that expected), if his retro rockets hadn't fired his orbit would not have decayed until 20 days after launch... opps

One thing to note even if a Pod with crew doesn't contain the LifeSupport Resource you do need to add the IFILifeSupport module to the part or any Kerbal on that part will not consume resources. I programed the module this way to make tracking LS easier and to keep from having to code tracking for docking and de-docking of vessels. Basicly if the part containing the IFILifeSupport module has no kerbal actively in it the PartModule onUpdate does not fire - which saves CPU time on large vessels and makes tracking even when crew is transferred easier to code.

Yeah that makes sense, so the for example from GeoPhizzix .cfg:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[1]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = IFILifeSupport
}

RESOURCE
{
name = LifeSupport
amount = 6
maxAmount = 6
}
}

That allows LS to all capsules and modules that support crew capacity. I know some people would make the code only add LS to command modules and crew, but I kind of don't like that idea. I like having it GeoPhizzix code, this is because say a player puts up a science module or station part, even though it might have 6 days of LS or 2.5 days of LS (thats if number if brought down), that amount of LS is for like setting up that station part in space. If we use our imaginations, it would be the time to set up the interior and get things working properly. Once set up the LS station module will be launched up and attached, which will supply a lot longer LS.

The default numbers of capsule LS shouldn't play a big factor with science capsules and station parts, because no one sets them up for 6 days.

I think in real life they send up module parts with some sort of basic LS so that things can get into operation.

So that's how I can justify not having the code to add to command module crew capacity, but having it just be crew capacity based. I think this will play into what you had in mind Stavell with this mod.

I based the 3 stock pods - off of real life Mercury Gemini and Apollo capsules - without service modules - the I fudged the MK I pod to 7 units because in career you needed the ability to go-to the mun and back and at the time I didn't have a LS Tank so for playability I made it 7 units the real Mercury had at most 2 days worth in the specs listed on the wiki.

I had planned to revisit the numbers but had not got around to it.

Yeah I agree the numbers are high, default amount to go to the Mun should be around 2.5 days. TAC mod is 2d6hrs, and ECLSS (dev version) mod is 2d23hrs59m, all for Mk1 pods and Mk1-2 pods LS.

Having over 2 days and under 3 days, plays into reality and also gameplay. This allows in early Tech tree to get to the Mun in back with just enough to spare. It allows for making the right maneuvers to get there and back, maybe even a quick flyby. Which is the way it should be with all LS mods. It allows the player to make some decisions on his part.

I might plug some lower numbers into the GeoPhizzix config and see what I get, then relay them back to you. The numbers that keeps popping in my head is 2.4 LS, I will plug that in per crew and see where that leads me.

my ship in 100km kerbin orbit but life support still "inactive". can anybody help me? (sorry for my bad english)
is there a Kerbal in the pod that you are right clicking on? a part should only say inactive if no kerbals are currently on the part.

if there is a kerbal on the part please let me know the Part so I can see if we have a bug.

2.4 LS units seems low after I tested it, though after all my LS was gone, my Kerbal didn't die. It just kept in the cautious state while LS was 0.
how much time passed after you reached 0 - at first there is a 25% chance for a kerbal to die and it goes up 15% each time the LS is checked which means if extremly lucky the kerbal would die not more than 2.5 hours after it reaches 0.

I'm going to add a couple more debug lines in the KILL code so if this is a bug we might be able to catch what is causing it. Bill wasn't lucky enough to have this bug. I forgot about him in Mun orbit and did a mimus trip with Jeb, when I did realize Bill needed attention All I found was a empty pod in orbit of the MUN ... opps :)

is there a Kerbal in the pod that you are right clicking on? a part should only say inactive if no kerbals are currently on the part.

if there is a kerbal on the part please let me know the Part so I can see if we have a bug.

Yes, it's orbiting (100km) and 3 crew in ship. Ship have life support modules. I try timewarp but not changing anything. I think it's a bug. (My game version 0.24.2)

I'm going to add a couple more debug lines in the KILL code so if this is a bug we might be able to catch what is causing it. Bill wasn't lucky enough to have this bug. I forgot about him in Mun orbit and did a mimus trip with Jeb, when I did realize Bill needed attention All I found was a empty pod in orbit of the MUN ... opps :)

:) That kind of happened to me, Jeb was missing and I was like, OK, he is dead.

Yes, it's orbiting (100km) and 3 crew in ship. Ship have life support modules. I try timewarp but not changing anything. I think it's a bug. (My game version 0.24.2)

Try going on eva with a kerbal - then right click on that kerbal ( is LS and electric charge at 0.0?)

Also is it a stock part or a mod? and which part?

thanks

A save game would help me isolate the bug also.

Try going on eva with a kerbal - then right click on that kerbal ( is LS and electric charge at 0.0?)

Also is it a stock part or a mod? and which part?

thanks

A save game would help me isolate the bug also.

I'm using KW Rocketry but cockpit is Mk1-2 pod. I right click a EVA not changing electric or life support. (in 100km kerbin orbit)

I'm using KW Rocketry but cockpit is Mk1-2 pod. I right click a EVA not changing electric or life support. (in 100km kerbin orbit)

Unable to duplicate - is it "Life Support Status = Inactive" or "Debug =: Inactive" that you are seeing?

Download link has been updated to VERSION 1.10 release.

10-7-2014 : Release VER 1.10 - IFILifesupportPlugin110.zip

or

GitHub IFI Life Support Releases

or

Project Page on curse

Changes:

KSP 0.25 Compatibility
Adjusted POD life support values not that the Systems has LS Containers
Added more debug messages to Kerbal Kill code to track possible bug in code.
Adjusted kill chance values.

Up-coming:

Cfg file for consumption rates.
internal view for inline tank.

10-8-2014 : Release VER 1.11 - IFILifesupportPlugin111.zip

or

or

Project Page on curse

Changes: Modulemanager DLL was updated due to a build bug - I also made playability changes to module-manager file. if you normally just overite the mod in your gamedata folder you will have to manually delete the ModuleManager_Squad.cfg in the IFILS didrectory as it is no longer used.

Module-manger dll update.
updated module-manager CFG for adding LS system to all crewed pods/parts.
Decided to ease support for multiple mods and thier crew pods to standardize LS based on crew cap. I think it adds to Playability each pod with crew-capacity gets 3 days of LS per Crew member. If a mission needs more that is what The other LS parts are for.
Thank you to GeoPhizzix for the MM code to add LS to pod based on crew-capacity.

Up-coming:

10-8-2014 : Release VER 1.11 - IFILifesupportPlugin111.zip

or

or

Project Page on curse

Changes: Modulemanager DLL was updated due to a build bug - I also made playability changes to module-manager file. if you normally just overite the mod in your gamedata folder you will have to manually delete the ModuleManager_Squad.cfg in the IFILS didrectory as it is no longer used.

Module-manger dll update.
updated module-manager CFG for adding LS system to all crewed pods/parts.
Decided to ease support for multiple mods and thier crew pods to standardize LS based on crew cap. I think it adds to Playability each pod with crew-capacity gets 3 days of LS per Crew member. If a mission needs more that is what The other LS parts are for.
Thank you to GeoPhizzix for the MM code to add LS to pod based on crew-capacity.

Up-coming:

Awesome this is the version I was waiting for. I think the 3 days should be plenty, like you said, there are parts you can add to have more O2 and US has a wedge for it also.

Thanks!

Thanks to the generosity of therealcrow999 I have a logo for Interstellar Flight Inc.

and will be packaged in the next release.

The Logo - you can also see I'm testing pipes for the radial tanks.

logo.jpg

and the Flag:cool:

flag.jpg

I have the IVA for the Inline tank working in game - now time to work on the texture and add some food and boxes around the inside.

ivatest.jpg

ivatest1.jpg

Also time to try my hand at animation so the food packets can float around the head in the IVA camera mode :)

Edited by Stavell

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.