[Release][V3.2][KSP 1.2] Interstellar Flight Inc. - Kerbal Life Support Mod

Stavell

I'm going to be adding entry blanks for custom days remaining for warp cancel - at this time it is all based on the vessel days remaining less than 3 days caution less than 1 day danger. so EVA will put up the danger flag 4 hours. (This was my like for settings for my play) but will be in the cfg file to change once I get the code in.

Percentage could get crazy as on my Jool mission last game I had 6 years of life support warp cancel would fire at 1.8 years - also how do I account for if someone placing a Stack tank for a Minmus mission and set the LS amount at 50 units to save weight and kredits Caution and warp cancel would fire at launch. Nice Idea just not sure how it would work in operation.

I thought it could work like this: If the current system would stop warp, it additionally checks how many percent are left. if its for example more then 30% it doesn't stop warp. That shouldn't affect any long time missions (as long as i didn't forgot to give them something to eat) but prevents killing warp on short flights where the basic lifesupport in the capsule will easily be enough.

hey Stavell a question....

any plans of making some kind of regenerators so Life support can be replenished off site?

I'll make you one lol if you want what you want to use ?

EDIT- Ok you know me i'll play around with them cfg lol

Edited by Mecripp2

I have an issue. One of my kerbals died in a regular aircraft flight at Kerbin due to lack of electricity... (-_-)"

I think, at the bottom of Kerbin's and Laythe's atmosphere kerbals must NOT die without electricity. Especially when EVAing :D

I have an issue. One of my kerbals died in a regular aircraft flight at Kerbin due to lack of electricity... (-_-)"

I think, at the bottom of Kerbin's and Laythe's atmosphere kerbals must NOT die without electricity. Especially when EVAing :D

And they shouldn't - I'll make sure some variable check didn't break with .90

I gotta agree with this... in the early game, time warp+SAS+reentry=death. Very frustrating, especially when playing on hard (no reverts). If I recall, TAC LS has a 3 hour timer between death and electricity shutdown. Kinda like the concept as it gives some padding during situations like this and allows for the occasional dramatic moment!

Ver 2.30 has been released links updated in main post and files uploaded to Curse and Git.

Fixes:

Electric use below 12km on kerbin was not working as intended. Has been fixed Below 12km on kerbin you do not have to worry about electric.

Also added Laythe below 6km life support use is .75 of normal rate

ver 2.30 has been released links updated in main post and files uploaded to curse and git.

Fixes:

electric use below 12km on kerbin was not working as intended. Has been fixed below 12km on kerbin you do not have to worry about electric.

also added laythe below 6km life support use is .75 of normal rate

thx!!! \_(^-^)_/

GREAT! It won't take long, will it? I mean, do you think you can manage that on the next version?

Hopefully not too long been working on making the MOD function and fix bugs - while adding features last add was the GUI window - next on list is config. as long as not bugs happen I should have the config nodes done by next release

Im not sure if this has been answered, but is there a way to integrate this with popular resource mining mods, kerbonite etc......and also life support recycling parts?... im finding i dont have enough life support and the tanks are to big and make the craft oversized, and there is no way to recycle waste to gain more ?

Thanks :) I love the simplicity but think there should also be waste that can be recycled :)

Im not sure if this has been answered, but is there a way to integrate this with popular resource mining mods, kerbonite etc......and also life support recycling parts?... im finding i dont have enough life support and the tanks are to big and make the craft oversized, and there is no way to recycle waste to gain more ?

Thanks :) I love the simplicity but think there should also be waste that can be recycled :)

Well recycling of waste is figured into the consumption rate of LifeSupport resource. there is a greenhouse config file here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92011-Part-Release-24-2-Interstellar-Flight-Inc-Kerbal-Life-Support-Mod?p=1433282&viewfull=1#post1433282 which could be used as a guide if you wanted to modify something to generate the resource. But there are no plans to change the current consumption model. When the config file gets added you'll be able to adjust the rate lower so you need less lifesupport.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Stavell! Happy 2015!

Is it possible to show electric charge duration like you do with LS on IFILS window? Since both are needed, maybe both should be considered on LS duration...

Another thing: is there a tool to calculate how long a trip will take? Alex's window planner only calculates from Kerbin to other planeta and moons, I'd line to depart from Kerbin, orbital Mundo, then land on Minmus and returno to Kerbin. How do I calculate how many days will it take?

Edited by jlcarneiro

I'm working the Electric remaining into the display (Also At this time ant solarpanel on a vessel we stop kerbals from being killed even at 0 charge (Had to until I updat emy code so it doesn't kill because the SP haven't given there charge fast enough when timewapring) as for Trip duration if you find a good tool I want it too :)) I mormally launch a probe to the planet I want to go too the have it make return calcs before I even launch the mission.

Hi, Stavell! Happy 2015!

Is it possible to show electric charge duration like you do with LS on IFILS window? Since both are needed, maybe both should be considered on LS duration...

Another thing: is there a tool to calculate how long a trip will take? Alex's window planner only calculates from Kerbin to other planeta and moons, I'd line to depart from Kerbin, orbital Mundo, then land on Minmus and returno to Kerbin. How do I calculate how many days will it take?

Stavell,

I have sent you an e-mail through this forum. I've taken some of zzz's tanks and modified them to work with your mod to give additional options for life-support storage. Please check your e-mail and I will send you the zip file for you to view if you are interested in what I have done.

Edit: after contacting Stavell, I have done a development release here.

If interested in some more parts could test this for me, I would be very grateful.

Edited by Akinesis

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, first time posting :)

I am pretty deep in KSP right now and I'm starting to cut my teeth in part configs with the ultimate goal of trimming down the 20+ mods i'm using to the parts I want with the functionality I need.

I think IFLS will be the mod to use for life support without complicated production chains and all that. My problem lies with this mod :

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-90-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-22-3%29-2014-12-27

And its inflatable agricultural part (MKS_AgModule.cfg). It has a nice model and its KAS module suits me pretty good. Here is where my problems come in.

I took a look at the different variations of the Greenhouse .cfg from this thread and tried to replicate it on the part with adding modules, switching the animations, trying simpler things but it was all in vein as I cannot make it behave like a Greenhouse (producing LS).

In line with what was said earlier 4 of these per 2 kerbals to make a self-sustainable base sounds pretty good to me as it will look great having all those greenhouses around your base and it will make larger base/colonies possible.

So what do you say ? anybody with superior ksp modding skills want to give this a try ? If you can do it i'm pretty sure I will be able to replicate the result to the rest of the mods parts to have a IFLS compatibility add on to the mod.

Awesome work Stavell, keep it up! As per your thoughts on the green house as of October, I like your idea. Heck, I'd also love to see an even larger greenhouse option for colonization missions. What ever the case, I'm grateful for the mod as-is!

Yes some of the changes t the code are just so I could add Green house functionality to the mod. Once I get the electric working smoothly I'm going to start working on some of that.

Been alitle slow because I had a pacemaker implanted in DEC and have not done a lot lately.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.