[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

i don't know where to start! thank you for all your hard work! these parts make my kerbal amazing. this plus deadly reentry plus near/far ermergerd. better than flying sims. now with massive parts?!?!! = extraplanetary, multiple solar systems and interstellar will be my next 500 hours in kerbal thanks to YOUR work on B9 i can get there in style and really put what's in my head out there in kerspace. .90 i can just not play kerbal until b9 is up to it:) stock is now officially awesome as is, but man, flying without b9 is not flying. THANK YOU and keep up the awesome work! i buy games for 60 bucks with less effort put into the whole game as you've put into just this mod. really ENCORE BRAVO HUZZAAH!

first fine print... then b9... :D

________--________

for lack of a signature,

peace and love

thrive

--_--

Hi. Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but the b9 cargo bays are not working in 0.25. I would right-click on the bay and not get any sort of menu. I looked at this thread and found that I needed to install a different aerodynamics model, so I installed NEAR. Now I can right-click on the cargo bay and get a menu, but there are no buttons on it, so I can't open or close the bay doors. This happens while in the SPH and on the runway/in flight.

Update Firespitter.

Sarbian Worked out KM_Gimbal

I did not have as much time to code as I anticipated so here his a quick version. I moved KM_Gimbal in a new directory and renamed to module. It will avoid conflict with old version and conflict with SmartPart (they shared a dir and it's not a good idea when 2 modders share a dir :) )

Mod that rely on KM_Gimbal should now use "KM_Gimbal_3" for the gimbal module name. I'll open a thread for it when I get more time to code and integrate some of my AutoTrim in it.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55985-0-90-Space-Shuttle-Engines-%28Dec-21%29?p=1620129#post1620129

Anyone else having issues with the landing gear motors? I built a small rover with the basic 1x wheel, and upon trying to drive on the Mun, it just rolls down the hill as if the motors arent doing anything at all. Steering works, and yes I have updated Firespitter.

*Edit: Whoops, turns out I just had them turned the wrong way, and besides the point they are weak as hell!

Edited by ravenousjoe

Anyone else having issues with the landing gear motors? I built a small rover with the basic 1x wheel, and upon trying to drive on the Mun, it just rolls down the hill as if the motors arent doing anything at all. Steering works, and yes I have updated Firespitter.

I can't get mine to unlock on the runway :\ Makes them unusable ans the planes shake themselves to a fiery explosion.

I haven't found info on my current issue.

The changing part ( LF to LFO To RCF to Strutural) don't contain any fuel.

Am I missing a mod or it's an expected issue ?

Using kerbal 0.9

Firespitter again.

I'm having the same problem as livefree75. I can't toggle any of the cargo bay doors, nor activate any of the B9 landing gear, so I can't take off lol. I did update FireSpitter

Are the other firespitter modules (like mesh and fuel switching) working properly? I got a bad dll when I tried to update through CKAN and had to download manually.

Yeah, the landing gear motors are weak, they are only designed to taxi airplanes at low speeds, what did you expect?

If you wanted to, you could edit the settings to make them stronger (to keep balance you should increase electricity requirement).

The reason why there isn't currently a 0.90.0 version of B9 is because alot of the dependencies have not yet been updated for the latest version of KSP. You cannot make an omelette without eggs. The creators of B9 are active but have their hands tied 'til other plugins get updated, and that is not anything to do with them.

The various authors, or interum caretakers, of these dependencies will deal with it in due time, be patient. There are some that have had temporary "mid-version" updates that may or may not be stable, scan the various threads to find out, or wait 'til an official update.

Also, it's the holidays guys, be reasonable.

Edited by Lei07

I cant find updates for 3 of them Resgen, Virgin Kalatic and Kinetech I think these must be in house ones

What do you mean "in house?" They're not developed by the B9 team, but that doesn't mean they're going to be updated immediately, or that the original authors are still working on them.

What do you mean "in house?" They're not developed by the B9 team, but that doesn't mean they're going to be updated immediately, or that the original authors are still working on them.

Weeeeelllll... Kinetech and ResGen are only still operational because of B9 - AFAIK, it's the only working mod that uses them so they might as well be considered "in house". VirginKalactic though, that's a new one so no idea on that.. SmokeScreen and KM Gimbal have both had updates, along with FS and CrossFeedEnabler.. I suppose, we're only really waiting on VK as a third party plugin - everything else has either been already updated or may as well be rolled into B9.

Weeeeelllll... Kinetech and ResGen are only still operational because of B9 - AFAIK, it's the only working mod that uses them so they might as well be considered "in house". VirginKalactic though, that's a new one so no idea on that.. SmokeScreen and KM Gimbal have both had updates, along with FS and CrossFeedEnabler.. I suppose, we're only really waiting on VK as a third party plugin - everything else has either been already updated or may as well be rolled into B9.

Kinetech is news to me. It's been throwing exceptions right and left for me, so I removed it. Honestly, I've never even been able to witness the effects it provides anyway.

Kinetech is news to me. It's been throwing exceptions right and left for me, so I removed it. Honestly, I've never even been able to witness the effects it provides anyway.

It's the plugin that animates the SABRE air intakes at various speeds (and closes them visually when you get to space or 'Close Intake'). It's a nice touch and I like it but seeing as I tend to fly my planes looking forward and my intakes are usually facing forward, its effect is often (if not, always) not visible to me.