[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Yep, figured it was mods. Until someone can find a way to rock out the incompatibility, I'll throw both MRS and CCC on standby.

It's Color Coded Canisters. Delete the file named, 'ColorCodedCanisters-MM-engines.cfg'. You might want to consider CCC entirely.

So a couple of the aerodynamic parts have issues with FAR's lift code -- they're forcing it to revert to the stock code. I talked to Ferram about this, and he said it's caused by "changing the lifting surface / control surface modules around in a way that prevents FAR's original configs from working [or] stuff happening after FAR and that breaks it."

A way to fix this is to "make sure aero changes don't run if FAR is installed (add ":NEEDS[~FerramAerospaceResearch]" to the beginning of the MM block, IIRC)"

Thanks for your work.

I was having lots of trouble with the thermometer. I could place it but not interact with it.

The issue went away when I removed

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Science/sensorThermometer/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/THERM:
}

from Utility-PathPatches.cfg

If I like Squad's texture for the heatshields but want Ven's fairings, what should I do?

I mean, Ven's pack is awesome but some stock parts don't really need a revamp IMO.

Sounds like you need to learn how ModuleManager works and start picking apart what you like and don't like. It is quite easy to do once you learn it.

I was having lots of trouble with the thermometer. I could place it but not interact with it.

The issue went away when I removed

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Science/sensorThermometer/model:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/ScienceParts/THERM:
}

from Utility-PathPatches.cfg

If you have texture replacer installed, just set the reflections to static before building something and you should be good to go. Had the very same problem like you.

Oh I meant the heatshield's auto-fairings. They are in the same model as the heatshield themselves so it can't be done with just a MM patch. I was thinking that I'd need to somehow import the .mu files into Unity or Blender and combine the stock heatshields with Ven's fairings, which seems pretty difficult if possible at all...

But actually Ven's fairing texture is similar enough that I can just recolor it and get about the same effect :D. Thanks anyway.

Oh I meant the heatshield's auto-fairings. They are in the same model as the heatshield themselves so it can't be done with just a MM patch. I was thinking that I'd need to somehow import the .mu files into Unity or Blender and combine the stock heatshields with Ven's fairings, which seems pretty difficult if possible at all...

But actually Ven's fairing texture is similar enough that I can just recolor it and get about the same effect :D. Thanks anyway.

I've uploaded the entire Unity setup and all of the base textures in the op, hopefully that'll help a bit.

This is incredible. Ven - you have really outdone yourself on this one. Really phenomenal work. Especially the heatshields. Now to start up the game and find out if they have the scorching shader...

Noticed 2 issues, not sure if it's intentional or not,

1. Service bay has no top and bottom. It's basically a ring shape with door.

2. I'm using the pack with hybrid booster mod also. When the decoupler is connected to the hybrid rocket, there's no tiny metal struts connecting to it like other rockets.

1. Service bay has no top and bottom. It's basically a ring shape with door.

2. I'm using the pack with hybrid booster mod also. When the decoupler is connected to the hybrid rocket, there's no tiny metal struts connecting to it like other rockets.

1, Intentional. Whether it's a good decision though..

2, I don't know what hybrid booster you mean, but it's on that model creator to include the tiny metal struts as the fairing.

Beautiful work!

I had a problem with solar panels placed in the service bay refusing to deploy because they were shrouded, even though the service bay doors were open. But I'm not sure if this is an intended stock "feature" or a bug with Stock Part Revamp.

On edit: If it's the former, I love KSP, but sometimes I just don't know what Squad were thinking.

1, Intentional. Whether it's a good decision though..

2, I don't know what hybrid booster you mean, but it's on that model creator to include the tiny metal struts as the fairing.

The hybrid rocket is from the SETI-CTT mod. It adds a hybrid rocket between solid and liquid rocket tech. The metal struts don't show up when I use decoupler on them somehow.

Regarding service bay. I'd have to say I prefer it with top and bottom as it's a storage unit. There's no way to use it at the bottom or top of a spacecraft for now.

I can't seem to click or interact with the spherical mono-propellant tank in OpenGL.

If you're using Texture Replacer just set the reflections to static in the menu before building any rocket and set it to real again, when you're done. This should fix it.

If you're using Texture Replacer just set the reflections to static in the menu before building any rocket and set it to real again, when you're done. This should fix it.

Shaw has an updated TR DLL that fixes the problem. There's a link in the last few pages of the TR thread.

dear ven i have a problem the fearing from the rocket engins (stock) are alway on .And not only when conectet on a decoupler

What other mods do you have installed?

Hey folks, has anyone else got a problem with their rockets flipping out when staging? Not sure whats going on, i see that ven has changed the gimbals slightly, and i am trying to determine if this could be the cause. Center of mass doesn't change drastically between stages, i have checked this in the VAB.

Shaw has an updated TR DLL that fixes the problem. There's a link in the last few pages of the TR thread.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! :kiss:

I wasn't following the TR thread closely, so I guess I would have missed it to the next update of TR.

I'm trying to revert the service to stock. No mod experience here so can anyone kindly tell me how to do that? Just service bay. Thanks!

In GameData\VenStockRevamp\PathPatches\Structural-PathPatches.cfg, search for 'ServiceBay'. You should end up near the bottom with a chunk of code that looks like this:

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield/HeatShield3:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Heatshields/HeatShieldS3:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/ServiceBay_125:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/ServiceBaySmall:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay/ServiceBay_250:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Structural/ServiceBayLarge:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1Structural:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Mk1/mk1structural:
}

Delete the two middle lines so it looks like this:

@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Aero/HeatShield/HeatShield3:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Heatshields/HeatShieldS3:
}
@MODEL,* {
@model ^= :^Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/mk1Structural:VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Mk1/mk1structural:
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.