[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

No doubt it is a conflict, you can try the old binary search thing, remove half the mods and see if it happens, half it again and again until you have it narrowed down. Or just look at the mods that try and do something to the stock parts.

Just tried this, but no luck. I can't fix it without deleting Ven's stock revamp, and that kind of defeats the purpose. I've deleted everything at least once, as far as I can tell, but nothing's changing... Anyone got any ideas?

Just tried this, but no luck. I can't fix it without deleting Ven's stock revamp, and that kind of defeats the purpose. I've deleted everything at least once, as far as I can tell, but nothing's changing... Anyone got any ideas?

Need more info, you said you begin experiencing lag when a particular craft is in focus correct? Check the debug log while the craft is focused(if you don't know how to do this it is alt-f2 on windows, don't know on others), if there are a bunch of NREs, which show up red, then we need your output_log.txt

To make things easier if there are NREs quit the game, restart it, load the save, go to the tracking station load the craft, let it sit for a few seconds and then alt-f4 out of the game(if your on windows, if your not on windows then do whatever you need to do to force quit out), then upload your output_log which is a text file found in the KSP_Data folder in your KSP directory.

Also a craft file and maybe some screen shots of the craft in question would be beneficial.

Need more info, you said you begin experiencing lag when a particular craft is in focus correct? Check the debug log while the craft is focused(if you don't know how to do this it is alt-f2 on windows, don't know on others), if there are a bunch of NREs, which show up red, then we need your output_log.txt

To make things easier if there are NREs quit the game, restart it, load the save, go to the tracking station load the craft, let it sit for a few seconds and then alt-f4 out of the game(if your on windows, if your not on windows then do whatever you need to do to force quit out), then upload your output_log which is a text file found in the KSP_Data folder in your KSP directory.

Also a craft file and maybe some screen shots of the craft in question would be beneficial.

...nope, sorry. Reckon you got me confused with someone else!

I was having trouble with lights and engine shrouds. Afraid there's nothing in the debug log, and .craft files won't really help :wink:

So, there's no 2.5m landing engine, since the poodle is now a probe-sized nuclear engine?

The Poodle is renamed to the Rockomax Service Engine (same stats and size, just a less stupid name) and the new Poodle, the probe size nuclear engine is renamed the Shiba engine in 1.7 (good call Ven. My ex-fiancee had a Shiba, they're awesome. Basically cats shaped like dogs).

...nope, sorry. Reckon you got me confused with someone else!

I was having trouble with lights and engine shrouds. Afraid there's nothing in the debug log, and .craft files won't really help :wink:

Oh, derp, my bad :blush:

Earlier someone was saying something about a lot of lag when some station was loaded, but only when they had Stock Revamp installed.

Yeah honestly I don't know, it has to be some kind of bad interaction, I havn't ran into any problems on my install yet, but honestly I don't know where to look. Have you tried fresh install and all that jazz? I know you said you tried removing mods and stuff. What platform are you on?

I'm having a weird bug with the new (?) mk1 crew can. When I put a deadly re-entry heatshield under it, my rocket just explodes around 5000m. The flight log shows that the parts starting the explosion are the headshield and the can.

Does anyone have the same issue and know how to fix it?

Edit: btw, I'm using 1.7 from github.

I'm having a weird bug with the new (?) mk1 crew can. When I put a deadly re-entry heatshield under it, my rocket just explodes around 5000m. The flight log shows that the parts starting the explosion are the headshield and the can.

Does anyone have the same issue and know how to fix it?

Edit: btw, I'm using 1.7 from github.

Yeah, there's alot of wierd bugs with that one. I've removed it from the download currently as I cannot figure out whats causing the issues (not colliding with objects if it wasn't the rood part, and a whole bunch of NRE errors).

Now I should probably say something about this update that I never bothered to announce...

Currently you can get the 1.7 update only on the Github link (I'll update Curse later).

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Update notes:

• New models of the MK1 and 1-2 Pod (1-2 now has an integrated heat-shield)
  • All of the SAS units have been redone
  • RCS Parts have been finished (O-10 is no longer physics-less)
  • The small probe cores have been remade
  • New Crew can and Science lab models and textures
  • The fuel pipe and strut have been finished
  • Several of the fuel tanks have been widened. Tweaked some endcap positions to hopefully fix overlapping or not touching tanks.
  • Finished the docking ports (included a Parachute variant)(fixed the inline docking port and tweaked the model and texture)
  • New ladders ( more industrial, may include a more standard rung type in the future)
  • All of the non-NASA decouplers are done (included a shorter variant of the 2m decoupler)
  • the 22-77 and 48-7s now have emmissives
  • modified several models to make better use out of Texture Replacer, also updated the TR file for the new version.
  • The 0.625m LV-N knockoff is now called the Shiba and its isp has been reduced to bring it more inline with the stock engines
  • Enabled the Rockomax 105-7P, a twin nozzled 0.625m engine.
  • Added Replacer textures for procedural fairings, but you need to overwrite the old ones at the moment.

Current bugs that I know exist:

• 105-7P: Currently the flame FX is only emitted from one nozzle, but it functions as it should.
  • All of the new pods have an issue where you can place items of the ladder and hatch colliders. Causing them to float in space. This doesn't effect collision with objects, so its mainly just an editor annoyance
  • the struts wire doesn't connect with the end cap, leaving a little bit of space at the end.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Now before I run away and hide, I need some people to help me test future versions of the mod. If you are interested (and a bit fearless on what they may do to your game), PM me (include your OS version). Just be ready to take pictures while you play, because I spend a lot of time setting up some of these shots (and the ships in them aren't even that impressive).

Hi, I m the author of the SETI-BalanceMod (link in signature).

I would really like to make your mod compatible.

My mod uses procedural parts in general and the procedural heat shield in particular.

The integrated heat shields only save 1 part, for the gameplay loss of being able to configure the vessel to the needs of the player.

Most missions/vessels do not need heat shields. All the ablative shielding is thus massive dead weight on one of the most used parts.

If I use a shuttle to ferry my crews into orbit and the Mk 1-2 pod for larger interplanetary transfer craft, a heat shield makes no sense.

The stock part had a hatch, and if I wanted, I could put a heat shield on.

Now even extending this to a part which did not suffer from streamlining (ie funneling the players into a particular playstyle/part usage) before, does not seem to be benefitial to the gameplay experience.

Imho mods should not decrease modularity, if they dont aim for total conversion.

Yours is a great mod, please reconsider this.

Edited by Yemo

Reinstall from fresh and add Ven's mod first. Then start adding mods back in.

[*]Several of the fuel tanks have been widened. Tweaked some endcap positions to hopefully fix overlapping or not touching tanks.

Well, I feel quite silly. I didn't check the github first. You released that update before my comment regarding the fuel tanks.

Oh, and the filename is pretty generic at "1.7.zip"

Maxmaps said it's the name of a very important person. No offence Ven, but unless you changed the world or pioneered something, I don't think it's Ven.

That sounded mean. I hope it wasn't. Ven, you're an awesome person, keep doing awesome things.

So it really is female kerbals.

Edited by Phoenix84

Hi, I m the author of the SETI-BalanceMod (link in signature).

The integrated heat shields only save 1 part, for the gameplay loss of being able to configure the vessel to the needs of the player.

Most missions/vessels do not need heat shields. All the ablative shielding is thus massive dead weight on one of the most used parts.

While an integrated heat shield does cause a little bit of an inconvenience (The weight of the stock DRE heatshield was added to the pod, most of the weight can be removed while building), It eliminates one of the biggest problems that I've had with heatshields, that it is far too easy attach a part to the wrong node. You'll only realize this when you try to decouple the pod, which can have... disastrous consequences for sure.;.;

If I use a shuttle to ferry my crews into orbit and the Mk 1-2 pod for larger interplanetary transfer craft, a heat shield makes no sense.

The stock part had a hatch, and if I wanted, I could put a heat shield on.

I've also added a small fairing to the bottom of the pod to hide the heatshield from sight, and there's a hatch through the heat shield for crew transfers (Such a thing does exist and apparently worked:huh:)

Reinstall from fresh and add Ven's mod first. Then start adding mods back in.

Well, I feel quite silly. I didn't check the github first. You released that update before my comment regarding the fuel tanks.

Oh, and the filename is pretty generic at "1.7.zip"

So it really is female kerbals.

Oh, derp, my bad :blush:

Earlier someone was saying something about a lot of lag when some station was loaded, but only when they had Stock Revamp installed.

Yeah honestly I don't know, it has to be some kind of bad interaction, I havn't ran into any problems on my install yet, but honestly I don't know where to look. Have you tried fresh install and all that jazz? I know you said you tried removing mods and stuff. What platform are you on?

Haven't tried a fresh install, but I'll do that now. It'll give me a chance to prune the mods I don't really need, anyway!

I'm running on Windows 7.

Also, another bug with docking port with parachute.

I can't stage it and activate it in flight.

Log

That'll be RealChute breaking things. You'll need to edit the PartRevamp_MM.cfg or whatever it is in SPR to be a realchute parachute module instead of the stock one (line 1580). Agreed about the node though, looks like Ven just forgot to define that and it defaults to the 48-7S node height. I'll see if I can get a good number for you, hang on.

EDIT: add in

@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.585, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

in the relevant section of the cfg. I put it at line 565 (with the title, description, mass etc of the 105-7P).

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

That'll be RealChute breaking things. You'll need to edit the PartRevamp_MM.cfg or whatever it is in SPR to be a realchute parachute module instead of the stock one (line 1580).

I rather think that something is wrong with the RealChute-Patches.cfg. Take a look at line 179.

Let me find that if realchute break other chute part as well.

EDIT: Yep, just that paradock part. Other chute parts work fine.

Edited by Pulsar

It's very cool mod!

But one thing looks strange for me. Why did you make lv-909 with fuel tank? Stock engine has just some kind of heat shielding. And when replaced with you design, it looks weird on already launched ships.

http://s15.postimg.org/6f261fhl3/190px_LV_T909_LFE.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/q51n2tuap/ay_Kp9z3.jpg

In stock it has a tankbutt. Tankbutt doesn't go with engine, usually, so Ven uses something else. You can use the LVL909 B without the tank.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.