Devnote Tuesdays: The "Notice My Bug Report, Senpai" Edition

SQUAD

This is pure speculation, but I think the keyword here is "giant." Could this possibly be a reference to... a gas giant? Possibly GP 2? It could just be me, but when I first read this sentence, I almost immediately thought of a gas giant.

Then again, it could mean nothing. But I'd prefer to think otherwise.

Doubtful. The feature has been described as never having been done by a mod and something skilled players might never discover. Neither applies to a new planet.

It feels that way because 0.24 took so long. This is actually more the normal pace and 0.24 was the exception.

Ah. I've only had the game since 0.23, so I haven't been around that long to see how long the updates really take

Doubtful. The feature has been described as never having been done by a mod and something skilled players might never discover. Neither applies to a new planet.

Ah, well. It was just a hunch. But really, with all these hints and secrets, you can't really help but take a guess at what Squad's going to do next.

That's the description of the secret feature for .25. It is my understanding that this is a different nondisclosed featured, planned for .26, and all that was said about it, I think, is that it involves 50+ very large 3D assets.

You could be right about that. Too many secret features! :P

Yeah, I'm starting to get really confused! Hope they release the update soon, or at least reveal one of those secrets, if there's actually more than one. Curiosity is killing me!

Has anyone else noticed the ailerons on this plane? It's like they were placed without mirroring, or like the mirroring is broken.

As a former private pilot ( who sucks at planes in KSP ) I noticed that right away ( Rows' image blows my mind, it could mean so many things ) but I don't use those parts (SP+?) so I chalked it up to my unfamiliarity with said.

Dumb guy analysis: He could be pitching the nose up. The elevons on the ends of the wings could be flaps(?), or the inner sets could be some strange spoiler/air-brake.

I'm sure Rows'll be happy to post the next 90 seconds of the video the image was taken from, just to clear up the confusion.

Kudos to the team, the new devnotes, and you Rowsdower. My spidey sense tingles when you go to bat for us.

As a former private pilot ( who sucks at planes in KSP ) I noticed that right away ( Rows' image blows my mind, it could mean so many things ) but I don't use those parts (SP+?) so I chalked it up to my unfamiliarity with said.

Dumb guy analysis: He could be pitching the nose up. The elevons on the ends of the wings could be flaps(?), or the inner sets could be some strange spoiler/air-brake.

I'm sure Rows'll be happy to post the next 90 seconds of the video the image was taken from, just to clear up the confusion.

Kudos to the team, the new devnotes, and you Rowsdower. My spidey sense tingles when you go to bat for us.

Some sort of flap functionality would be pretty awesome. Maybe an action group option? I would REALLY love to see the video of this event, that's for sure.

That's the description of the secret feature for .25. It is my understanding that this is a different nondisclosed featured, planned for .26, and all that was said about it,

Yes, Max was talking about something separate from the secret feature we've yet to reveal.

Awesome, now care to weigh in on what's up with that plane's ailerons? Also, wasn't it hard to get off the runway without canards?

My guess is that this is probably related to the issues Porkjet had when he was making those parts for the SpacePlane Plus mod. Apparently there's a bug with the ailerons in the game, where they have to be inserted in unity in a weird orientation for the symmetry to work correctly. Maybe the devs are working on it, trying to fix the issue instead of just circumventing it, and what we saw was result of a work in progress.

My guess is that this is probably related to the issues Porkjet had when he was making those parts for the SpacePlane Plus mod. Apparently there's a bug with the ailerons in the game, where they have to be inserted in unity in a weird orientation for the symmetry to work correctly. Maybe the devs are working on it, trying to fix the issue instead of just circumventing it, and what we saw was result of a work in progress.

That's the best explanation I've heard so far. Hopefully they DO get a good stock fix for it.

Hold the phone... TMS in the part you have zoomed in. What's that smudge next to the runway? It looks like there's some kind of track extending out of it heading towards the shore.

Secret feature = Rocket sled rail? !!!!

Sadly, it looks more like something attached to a building, maybe a flag or something. If you zoom in on his zoom in of the zoom in, you'll see a tiny line of slightly darker pixels going down from that blob to a building, maybe the astronaut complex.

EDIT: Yeah. It's the flag out front of the astronaut complex.

Has anyone else noticed the ailerons on this plane? It's like they were placed without mirroring, or like the mirroring is broken.

It looks - to me - like a mixture of perspective and as if the wings are attached at an angle, the flaps havinb been attached afterwards. If you want to use control surfaces on angled wings, you have to attache the flaps first and rotate the finished wings as a whole for the orientation to work.

Sadly, it looks more like something attached to a building, maybe a flag or something. If you zoom in on his zoom in of the zoom in, you'll see a tiny line of slightly darker pixels going down from that blob to a building, maybe the astronaut complex.

EDIT: Yeah. It's the flag out front of the astronaut complex.

Shucks. Your right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.