Kerbal Stuff Goes Gold!

Majiir

Curse is good enough though, the only problem I have with it is my prejudice toward the fantasy game audience that website was deigned to serve. Which I admit is unfounded.

Ummmm not to burst your bubble, but even KSP is, to some degree, a fantasy game. Just like fantasy football is a form of roleplaying, much like D&D you are taking on the role of a coach for a team.

Let's not let this thread continue in this direction. We aren't here to talk about whether or not Curse is bad.

I have to agree if you do not like it don't use it, modders should be offering their mods on more than one service anyways. I tend to use Github or Dropbox links more than curse, or before that spaceport, because it is updated faster than any service like Curse. I like this idea, but on the same token do not stop using some other system in case the site gets buggy or has some issue.

Just adding: "gold" can also apply to the RTM phase. It basically means a production freeze, as it has reached its release-state. Think along the lines of a "gold master" from which duplicates will be manufactured. Obviously for a website, it's not being duplicated, but the "release state" still applies.

Just adding: "gold" can also apply to the RTM phase. It basically means a production freeze, as it has reached its release-state. Think along the lines of a "gold master" from which duplicates will be manufactured. Obviously for a website, it's not being duplicated, but the "release state" still applies.

Yeah, it can mean different things in different shops, but it's always post-development for any given release. I think the Wiki page even mentions that. But pictures!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.