[DEV HALTED] Caelum Ire Technologies (CIT) General Thread

marce

Looks like the NETCKAN files for your mods may need tweaking. KSP-AVC is telling me there are new versions for two CIT mods, but there's no update showing in CKAN.

No. Because my server is having troubles. Which is stated one post above yours and on the page itself.

CKAN shouldn't be able to download any of my mods at the moment, but KSP-AVC is checking some static version files which are available.

No. Because my server is having troubles. Which is stated one post above yours and on the page itself.

CKAN shouldn't be able to download any of my mods at the moment, but KSP-AVC is checking some static version files which are available.

That explains it, then.

The updates for the utilities and GF still don't show up on CKAN, but I guess it's just a matter of time before they will.

Manual download from your server works.

I was told that netkan updates the packages every hour, but that's on the CKAN side of things.

You can download the latest version from my page now.

• 3 weeks later...

wow!

More than 30000 downloads in only 3 months and stunning approx. 12000 from CKAN already :cool:

Did not expect that...

Thanks for your support and special thanks to all donors!

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you may have noticed I don’t have time for KSP modding anymore. The last months all I could do was making them work in 0.9. Also, I don’t have the patience to deal with users anymore at the moment.

Therefore, I decided to ask if anyone wants to take over my mods. It would be temporarily at first (for a few months), if I really don’t return afterwards you can have them or let them die :sealed:

I’m currently maintaining the following mods:

• ActiveStruts
  • KERT
  • ChopIt
  • NodeHelper
  • BAM
  • [CIT Utils not a mod on its own but required by all others]
  • GovFunding
  • CheatMenu
  • Misc Parts

If anyone want to take over one or more please write me a PM to figure out the details.

Note: taking over includes bugfixing and extending the mod. Simple recompiles against new KSP version I can still do myself.

If I don’t find anyone to continue a mod I will try to make them work with new versions, but won’t be able to fix/extend so they will die slowly.

I’d like to thank everyone who supported me, especially the awesome guys who donated some beer money!

I’d love to continue working for you, but RL is so overwhelming, that I simply can’t provide the service and quality you deserve, so I hope someone else can.

Well, that's sad.. still, good on you for offering them up for adoption, I just wish I knew coding or I'd take on a few! Good luck with RL!

I'm really sorry...

I was doing 90h weeks for 3 months now and had hoped it would settle down in February. Well, last week I was working 112 hours (I'm working on weekends too of course).

I can't complain about too much work in this economy, but when I come home after 16 hours or so of full pace coding I take a shower, make a quick dinner and fall into my bed. There is simply no power left for modding...

I still hope that spare time will return in a few months, but have to make sure to at least try preserving my work if not.

I think some mods have (even) more potential in them and would love to see them shine. Really hope someone wants to adopt them :(

EDIT: I'd like to encourage you and anyone else to start coding, it's really not that hard - especially C# and the greatest fun you can have today imho.

I don't know if it's allowed to recommend a book (very popular and I don't benefit) in the forum, but take a look at *something* in depth by John-without-'h' Sk**t :wink:

Edited by marce

• 2 weeks later...
Since nobody contacted me all my mods are on halt until further notice.

Marce, thanks for all your work. I've really enjoyed your mods. They really smooth out some of the annoyances of KSP. I'm sorry I don't have the skills or time to station keep your mods.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to stop by and say your mods are amazing. Thank you for your time and for these amazing contributions to KSP. I've use your mods for a long while now (had them in my 23.5 game, though I can't remember if they were even made for that version, most worked anyway).

Yesterday, during what I considered a normal discussion, I have been massively insulted by a prominent member of this community.

Although I didn’t mean to be provocative I can’t rule out that it may have been a cultural misunderstanding and my dialogue partner was offended by something I said. Likewise his sudden and unnecessary overreaction is probably common in his social environment.

However, the behavior he suddenly showed and the words he used are in my understanding of social interaction so much over the top and completely unacceptable that I was honestly shocked.

Especially from this person who I supported with so many hours of my work in the past I would have never expected such massive misbehavior which makes it even more sad and disappointing. It showed me that working on a community project is a bad idea since gratitude of some is scarce and short-lived.

Therefore, after careful consideration and since there is nothing left to gain, I decided to accept that I am not, or at least don’t feel, welcome and at home in this community anymore.

As a result I will safe myself the trouble, drastically reduce my engagement (which won’t be too important for you) and officially withdraw all my contributions (which may affect a few people) effective immediately.

I know that there are nice guys here, some even donated money when I needed it. I won’t name them since they should know we are on good terms – if you need anything (like a 1.0 compatibility patch) write me a PM and I’ll try to help you out.

To everyone who supported me: thanks for your feedback and kind words.

For the other users: I didn’t find a maintainer and I personally don’t want to share my work or interact with everyone here anymore. So without a mechanism to control access it’s all or nothing – sorry.

Thanks SQUAD for creating such an awesome sandbox and allowing the users to change it to their liking. It was nice while it lasted.

I’d like to ask the moderators to lock my mod threads to avoid any confusion about the future of the mods.

Dammit, wait, at least give other people a chance to take up your mods, especially now that IR is using the activestruts mod (only the model is changed). The IR model rework section specifically.

Or at least allow others to fork off the mods or however you guys deal with mods whose authors are no longer around.

Edited by smjjames

Dammit, wait, at least give other people a chance to take up your mods, especially now that IR is using the activestruts mod (only the model is changed). The IR model rework section specifically.

Or at least allow others to fork off the mods or however you guys deal with mods whose authors are no longer around.

If I’m called an a** anyway I can just as well act like one, right?

Don’t worry replacements will surely be up in no time like always, but without my help.

Good point about IR, though. If Zodius & friends don’t find another solution and need assistance I’ll lend them a hand, because they are nice guys doing great work.

Don’t worry replacements will surely be up in no time like always, but without my help.

Good point about IR, though. If Zodius & friends don’t find another solution and need assistance I’ll lend them a hand, because they are nice guys doing great work.

Well, good luck on any future endeavors you may have, and thanks a ton for the work you did with CIT. I'm sorry that what had happened did so in a way to force your hand, but things happen, and we all deal with the consequences in a way we feel is best. And thanks for at least helping the guys over at the IR thread with the Active Strut stuff. They are motivated and very active in maintaining a super fun mod.

Sorry to hear you go; you certainly contributed to this community and many thanks for your efforts! your mods are fantastic! Life has a tendency to butt in with our gaming time yet i am confident people will understand and if they don't; they'll have plenty of time to come to peace with your decision.

lastly, Sorry to hear that provocation has ensued during your exit, sometimes people forget that modding comes at the authors expense.. anyway good luck and a prosperous beginning. :)

I'm really sorry to hear you leave this community either.

If I can really understand your reaction to insults from someone "important" in the community here, is it fair to include all the rest of the community and suppose they think the same way one guy do?

It's sad you just took down all your mods. I can understand perfectly your choice but I find it sad you just withdraw any of your work from the community. As your request for people to take over your add-ons, it's complicated as there's not that much people able to do this!

I really hope you'll change your mind, sooner or later, and think there's people who care about you and your contributions to the community.

Kind regards.

I have to retract my compliment from earlier. I'm sorry whatever discussion/argument you had made you feel you needed to exit stage left, but the actions you're taking aren't punishing the person(s) you're having issues with, they're punishing the entire community. I can see quitting modding if something like that happened, but taking down your links and blocking people (especially people just getting into modding KSP), to me, seems kind of childish. I understand you have a right to do with your mods as you see fit, but I have to ask, why did you decide to start modding in the first place? Was it for money? I ask because, if you aren't doing it for profit then you're doing it to benefit us, and keeping people from ever accessing your mods (despite the inevitable re-uploads of the progress you've made thus far that other members of this community will likely do), does nothing but harm the community. Stop working on the mods, just don't desert the people who have been supporting you.

Thanks SQUAD for creating such an awesome sandbox and allowing the users to change it to their liking. It was nice while it lasted.

I’d like to ask the moderators to lock my mod threads to avoid any confusion about the future of the mods.

Thread closed at members request.