[0.25] [x] Science! v4.0 (2014-10-24) [Old thread]

Bodrick

Thanks for reviving this. I've missed it dearly.

Wanted to point out a bug. I use it on the stock toolbar rather than blizzy's. Works great, but it shows up on the game's main menu screens. :)

I'm away for a few days but I'll do some more work on Tuesday onwards.

I use Blizzy's tool bar but haven't noticed it in the main menu.

Are you talking about the button? Or have you got one of the windows staying open?

EDIT: OK, so if I ESC > "Exit to main menu" then the window stays open?

How have I never noticed that before?

Cheers jofwu! It is on the list.

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace

1.0.1 seems to break your update Z-Key. The menu button doesn't appear in either stock or blizzy toolbars.

Getting the following exceptions generated onload with just Stock 1.0.1 and your update installed. Maybe they changed something, or maybe it is just not loading because it doesn't like the new version number.

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ScienceChecklistAddon' from assembly '[x] Science!'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
MissingFieldException: Field '.GameEvents.OnScienceRecieved' not found.

Hope it might be quick fix otherwise I'll just have to wait patiently till next week when you get a chance. This mod really appeals to the box checking OCD inside of me :D

Edit: Final Frontier was throwing the same exception and Nereid managed to fix that. I'm not a C programmer at all but looking at his quick patch I think the OnScienceRecieved callback now returns 4 variables as of 1.0.1 including a bool that wasn't previously there. Hopefully should be a quick fix on line 48 of ScienceChecklistAddon.cs to add the fourth dummy variable and a quick and dirty recompile!

Edited by Chonner

1.0.1 seems to break your update Z-Key. The menu button doesn't appear in either stock or blizzy toolbars.

Getting the following exceptions generated onload with just Stock 1.0.1 and your update installed. Maybe they changed something, or maybe it is just not loading because it doesn't like the new version number.

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ScienceChecklistAddon' from assembly '[x] Science!'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
MissingFieldException: Field '.GameEvents.OnScienceRecieved' not found.

Hope it might be quick fix otherwise I'll just have to wait patiently till next week when you get a chance. This mod really appeals to the box checking OCD inside of me :D

Nereid of the FinalFrontier mod just posted something along these lines for that mod. Maybe it's an easy fix.

I can't do this till Tuesday - and now they release 1.0.2. Did I just read that?

For real? I only just this second downloaded 1.0.1

They will have released 1.1.0 by Tuesday.

EDIT:

I may be insane. Have to take girls to scout camp first thing tomorrow morning. I'm not in bed yet.

[x] Science! V4.2 for KSP1.0.1 > get it here > http://themoose.co.uk/ksp/downloads.html

That is not compatible with 1.0.2 (if they really have released it) 'cos I can't find it to download it. I just see 1.0.1

Wish me luck, this weekend, I'm gonna need it.

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace

I can't do this till Tuesday - and now they release 1.0.2. Did I just read that?

For real? I only just this second downloaded 1.0.1

They will have released 1.1.0 by Tuesday.

EDIT:

I may be insane. Have to take girls to scout camp first thing tomorrow morning. I'm not in bed yet.

[x] Science! V4.2 for KSP1.0.1 > get it here > http://themoose.co.uk/ksp/downloads.html

That is not compatible with 1.0.2 (if they really have released it) 'cos I can't find it to download it. I just see 1.0.1

Wish me luck, this weekend, I'm gonna need it.

Welcome to modding with children. :D

Also, good luck!!!

You know, this thread is REALLY hard to find!

The plugin seems to be not available through CKAN, there is no link to the thread in the readme, neither on the bitbucket site which I found only by peeking into files with weird extensions from an older install, the forum search is helpless with the mod name ... eventually I was lucky that your bitbucket name is the same as your KSP forum name ... Please stop making your awesome plugin so hard to find!

Thank you.

Best,

A.

Edited by Andersenman

Hey I sadly left this mod for dead when .90 came out but now I see it popping up on CKAN. CKAN says 4.0 though which this thread is supports .25. But.... I see nightingale or maybe sergioberg putting it on CKAN? Is the CKAN 4.0 the one that works with 1.02?

Hey I sadly left this mod for dead when .90 came out but now I see it popping up on CKAN. CKAN says 4.0 though which this thread is supports .25. But.... I see nightingale or maybe sergioberg putting it on CKAN? Is the CKAN 4.0 the one that works with 1.02?

4.2 is up on CKAN

thanks for updating! sorry to say i've found a minor bug: contained miniavc throws a error at launch telling me to roll back to 101 to make xscience work. ckan does have some support for avc but i'm not sure how to use that or even if its helpful.

Edited by Tahib

Minor bug report: "Show all unlocked experiments" shows surface sample experiments, even when the R&D facility is at level 1 (surface samples become available at level 2). Let me know if additional details are needed.

Just to let you know, the links provided in the OP (both for Curse and Bitbucket) only lead to the 4.0 version, not the 4.2 version. I almost wrote this mod off before I dug a little deeper into this thread after having it not show up in my 1.0.2 career. Would be great if those were updated.

I look forward to trying this.

hey, thank you verrrry much for bringing this mod to life again !

i noticed it shows funny experiments like : crew report when splashed down on grasslands (every biome actually)

Just to let you know, the links provided in the OP (both for Curse and Bitbucket) only lead to the 4.0 version, not the 4.2 version. I almost wrote this mod off before I dug a little deeper into this thread after having it not show up in my 1.0.2 career. Would be great if those were updated.

I look forward to trying this.

The original post is by the original author, the versions for 1.0 are maintained by a different forum member, hence no options to update the OP, unless Bodrick himself does it. As has already been mentioned - perhaps Z will create his own thread with the 1.0 version of the mod and maintain it there.

In any case, your first thing on the to-do list within any modding community is to read the last few pages of the mod threads you are looking for before asking questions.

You used to be able to get splashed down everywhere.

With V0.9 you couldn't get spalshed down at ice caps.

You may still be able to get "landed at water" by putting a VTOL on top of a big vehicle that you splashed down earlier.

Once you could get landed at water on the island runway but that has been gone for a while.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.