Sign in to follow this  
worir4

Curse Virus Links

I was just browsing on curse when i got redirected to a website that said my Adobe needed to be updated. I couldn't close the page and had to use task manager to close it. It started downloading several .exe files which i suspect are viruses. Luckily my antivirus spotted it and put them into a safety chest. I am now currently just running a scan.

I didn't expect this from an official mod site so please could a moderator take a look at it.

Thanks.

So it begins....

Anyway, it should be noted Kaelten's last activity was almost a month ago now, How does one contact him?

I sent him a PM but if he has not been on for a month then i am not expecting a reply. I suppose just be careful when using Curse.

SQUAD was warned about these issues with Curse in the past but chose to not listen and plug their ears and cover their eyes about it...hoping it wouldn't happen again.

Looks like it has...

Inb4anticursestuffcausesalock.

On topic, you should talk to Kaelten, like DYJ said. SQUAD isn't in control of Curse. Yet.

I was just browsing on curse when i got redirected to a website that said my Adobe needed to be updated. I couldn't close the page and had to use task manager to close it. It started downloading several .exe files which i suspect are viruses. Luckily my antivirus spotted it and put them into a safety chest. I am now currently just running a scan.

I didn't expect this from an official mod site so please could a moderator take a look at it.

Thanks.

That's not good at all. Can you provide me with details or a link on where this occurred on the site? Also useful would be knowing your browser, country your browsing from, and OS version. If you want feel free to follow up on your PM with the details. :)

Just for information's sake, our Curse people don't post a lot, but they do lurk, and we moderators can also send them messages when there's a need. Of course, they're not on line 24 hours per day, so the response might not be immediate. But they do care and we are in touch with them.

It is okay, i have PM Kaelten. It happens when i pressed the next page button so watch out for that area guys.

ahh my condolences, I confuse last activity with last online. I'll have more faith from here on.

Thanks.

This isn't necessarily Curse, or any site for that matter. There is malware out there that causes additional popups even on very reputable sites. And my experience has been that this type of malware is not always detected by anti-virus scanners. I would recommend running Malwarebytes and another utility called AdwCleaner. Here:

https://www.malwarebytes.org

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

The problem is being investigated. Let's not turn this into another Curse hate thread.