Game over is coming [confirmed by devs]

Shuttle

So is "game over" the end game and possibly the only end game then? Like in the real world. Seems to me like a Harvister thing.

Guess so ... sounds like unless you go bankrupt (or get fired due to too low reputation, or lose due to other means), you will be able to play forever.

(which has something of Dwarf Fortress :D )

I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or sincere. Its currently possible to fail contracts on deadlines.

Nah, he's kind of right really, the only way to fail them now is if you forget about them when going to Jool or something, or it takes you several thousand attempts to gain orbit without reverting....

Nah, he's kind of right really, the only way to fail them now is if you forget about them when going to Jool or something, or it takes you several thousand attempts to gain orbit without reverting....

If you play with mods like Kerbal Construction Time, the danger to fail a contract is much increased.

With Kerbal Construction Time it actually takes time to build rockets (and the more time, the more expensive your rocket is), research tech nodes and clean the launch pad after a rocket launch.

You can expect rockets to take a week to build or longer.

While, with deadlines for contracts being 1+ years, it still takes a lot of negligience from your part, to fail them, it becomes much less impossible than in vanilla KSP (where, without any building times, you could race through the tech tree and launch dozens of rockets, within a few weeks)

I'm waiting for cities to be added to so I can try and get a game over from "accidentally" redirecting asteroids into as many of them as I can.

Assuming cities get added that is..

I guess you can practice it with the current version, by trying to redirect Asteroids into the Kerbal Space Center :D

It was already closed up. Recovering Kerbals no longer gives rep.

First time should give rep provided they reach a milestone (iE first orbit, Mun landing, Minmus landing, and ect), but after that the rep stops from those missions as well. With the way it sounds right now you could do multiple missions to get the rep from them and then kill the Kerbals for minimal rep loss, there should be some reward for bringing them home alive. Maybe at some point the contract will only fulfilled if the Kerbal(s) are returned home.

Pretty much already have a Game Over now, with the destructible KSC. If you destroy both the Launchpad and Runway, and have no missions in progress to return for enough funds to rebuild either, that is it. So that illustrates another Game Over scenario.

I wonder what the reputation threshold for "bottoming out" will be.

I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or sincere. Its currently possible to fail contracts on deadlines.

How, pray tell? You fail, then redo it as many times as needed in the 10 years they give you? Could you really fail for 10 years? Has yet to happen to me.

How, pray tell? You fail, then redo it as many times as needed in the 10 years they give you? Could you really fail for 10 years? Has yet to happen to me.

It hasn't happened to me either, but it's not impossible. It could conceivably happen if you were running long interplanetary missions and you ignored the contracts.

As I stated, it was unclear if you didn't know it was possible to fail (you weren't aware of the mission durations) or you were being sarcastic. Seems from the tone of your response, it was the latter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.